• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 21/01/07

Alfonso

Established Member
Rohit said:
I think Evra is a very poor defender and hardly offers anything offensively,all in all he is a poor player in my opinion.

Evra has been one of their best players this season.

thegame24

Established Member
might play flams, fabs, and rosicky all in the center.

henry and hleb in attack midfield adebayor upfront

Rohit

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Rohit said:
I think Evra is a very poor defender and hardly offers anything offensively,all in all he is a poor player in my opinion.

I don't like him a lot,never been impressed.

stuart

Established Member
I didn't think Gilberto would be suspended until the game after ..oh well !!!

I would be surprised to beat the **** twice, i'd be happy enough with a draw but i would still go for it, if Gilberto is out Flamini will play, no doubt, and i am confident he will deliver

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Got a funny feeling this could be a right royal tonking if Eboue & Clichy manage to keep fake Ronaldo quiet.

Rohit

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Got a funny feeling this could be a right royal tonking if Eboue & Clichy manage to keep fake Ronaldo quiet.

...... and not let Carrick pass the ball around,he has looked really good in the last few games,we have our Cesc though :)

Viper

Established Member
Gilberto is missing this game... grrr.

But given our excellent performance at Ewood Park, I'm feeling rather confident.

Hopefully Eboue will be back, as I don't think he'll handle the inform Ronalqueero.

Clichy has looked really good lately, so I'm not worried about him. Toure and Senderos have looked good in defence, while Van Persie, Hleb, Rosicky and Cesc have played well.

Not sure who I'd want to start out of Adebayor and Van Persie to partner Henry. But thats Wenger's decision and I personally wouldn't mind who starts. However, if there is one player I'd like to finish this game it has to be Van Persie.

qs

Established Member
Rohit said:
Alfonso said:
Rohit said:

I don't like him a lot,never been impressed.

Your living in last season mate. He's nt great defensively but he offers loads going forward. He's a bit like Eboue in that he leaves big gaps.

As for this game losing Gilbertos a big blow. Flamini could be a weak link here. Big test for Phils mental strength too.

JazzG

Established Member
We haven't exactly got the hardest games in the world after this Man utd game so we should appeal just to get Gilberto in, we will really need him against them and I got a feeling we might struggle badly without him as nobody will pick up their runners.

qs

Established Member
Id be worried about an appeal. Charlton are taking the Fa to court basically becaquse they feel this would never happen to a club like us, id be afraid of the FA adding to Berts ban just to make it look like theyre not being unfair.

I worry about Scholes without Bert there to shield the defence. He's clever enough to lose Flamini. The threat of Ronaldo will be overanalysed, clichy will deal fine with him and Eboue can too if his heads in the right place.

If United come at us like they do with other teams it'll be a very open game. Henry and van Persie are more than capable of destroying a fairly mediocre United defence. Fab Hleb and Rosicky can dominate in the middle most of the time but we need 100% concentration and we need to take our chances.

americanarf

Established Member
qs said:
Id be worried about an appeal. Charlton are taking the Fa to court basically becaquse they feel this would never happen to a club like us, id be afraid of the FA adding to Berts ban just to make it look like theyre not being unfair.

I worry about Scholes without Bert there to shield the defence. He's clever enough to lose Flamini. The threat of Ronaldo will be overanalysed, clichy will deal fine with him and Eboue can too if his heads in the right place.

If United come at us like they do with other teams it'll be a very open game. Henry and van Persie are more than capable of destroying a fairly mediocre United defence. Fab Hleb and Rosicky can dominate in the middle most of the time but we need 100% concentration and we need to take our chances.

I think Charlton lost the case aswell.

sabret00the

Established Member
If we lose an appeal Gilberto's ban will go from three games upto four. those are the rules. however i think we'll be ok without Gilberto if we can maintain attacking pressure across 90 minutes. If we sit back for a second and soak up pressure we're doomed.

Grampus_Eight

sabret00the said:
If we lose an appeal Gilberto's ban will go from three games upto four. those are the rules. however i think we'll be ok without Gilberto if we can maintain attacking pressure across 90 minutes. If we sit back for a second and soak up pressure we're doomed.

Is it worth appealing anyway? I think it might, even if there is only a very slim chance of a ruling in Gil's favor.

The fourth game is away against Boro and while I guess every game is worth three points - regardless of the opponent at this point, I'd still rather get the inVisible Wall back against United and hope that someone else can step up against 'Boro. I guess it's a risk, but it seems one worth taking.

run

Wenger must play a 4-4-2...

We are at home, and you know we can win if Manure dare to play football. So it must be a 4-4-2 with Flamini in the middle. Flamini plays big in big games...remember Chelsea at the end of 2004/2005 or even liverpool on Saturday.

And putting Flamini in the middle frees Cesc to move forward (just look at Henry's goal today at Blackburn). And I think giving Cesc that freedom makes us far more dangerous than playing an extra striker with him in the middle of 3 man mid-field, as was suggested above, would.

Besides we have to respect Manure and have somebody to screen the defense; I think Flam can do the job.

Rohit

Established Member
run said:
We are at home, and you know we can win if Manure dare to play football.

That is absolutely wrong.They dared to play football and beat us 4-2 at our own patch.This is a good Man Utd. team.No one gave them a chance at the start of the season to be as consistent as they have been.They have dropped just 12 points of a possible 69.They can destroy us playing football if our defense ( and by that i mean the whole team because we need to defend as a team,something we saw against Barca,what we saw against Rovers ) are not up for it.There is no need to fear them,but such a perception can only lead to our downfall.

They ended our unbeaten run and we said that was the only way they could beat us,by getting at us and not trying to play football.They came to Highbury,were really up for it,our defense was rubbish and they proved that our perception was wrong.

I believe we need to have a go at them,i don't think any team has done that this season,they havn't let any team do it.We are more than capable and lets try and see if they can handle it.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
that was when almunia and cygan was around. now its all different. we have perform amirably in big games and we have performed miracle in the emirates. i am led to believe we will sneak it.

as long as the team puts in enough effort in midfield, we will win.

Lukazan

Established Member
I'm really not sure about this one.

Without Gilberto I am unsure of how we'll cope with Scholes, who is in fine form right now. If Gilberto wasn't suspended I was actually ready to predict a win, and a pretty convincing one. As I said, now I'm just not sure,

I guess Flamini will come in for Gilberto and we'll go 4-5-1.

I reckon Wenger will play,

__________________Lehmann

Eboue/Hoyte_____Toure_____Senderos_____Clichy

___________________Flamini

Hleb__________Fabregas___Rosicky_________RVP

____________________Henry

Although I'd rather see this,

____________________Flamini

Hleb__________Fabregas___Van Persie________Rosicky

____________________Henry

I just think RVP is a total waste out on the left, especially in a game like this where he will have to constantly track back and help Clichy out against Ronaldo/Giggs. Play Rosicky there, he has bags of stamina and works like crazy, he can get back when needed but also support.

Of course I could be wrong and we might go for a 4-4-2, in which case Adebayor might start upfront with Henry ahead of RVP. However, without Gilberto I just can't see Wenger doing it, and maybe he'd be right not to..

Oh, and you just know this'll be the game Wayne Rooney ends his goal scoring drought... :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom