• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

Anders Limpar

Ljungberg wont be dropped from the team in favour for Pires, not when we have a 17 year old kid in the team and our midfield is up against Mendieta, Boateng, Parlour and Zenden. If we don’t win the battle of the midfield this time we will be punished, mark my words…

patrick42uk

Established Member
i dont know if anyone has mentioned this, but reyes is likely to score for one specific reason. every arsenal goal he has so far has been scored when one of the sides on the pitch is in blue, either us or the opposition. boro's new away kit just happens to be blue. i have a feeling reyes might make way for pires though and maybe come on in the second half.

Arnie

i know one thing the score won't be 4-1 again. We're going for the record and one of ours is on the other team. None the less we have a job to do, and we my prediction is 2-1.

It will be a tough match. one plus for us is they might not have southgate but our defence will be tested without doubt!!

icreaser

I would like to see senderos in the centre, but can't see it as wenger has a soft touch for cygan.

I agree with maybe resting henry, especially if he plays midweek for france, so he's fresh for the blackburn game, looks tired at the moment.

Close game, but as long as cesc keeps up the good form, he should win the midfield battle and I'd say 2-0 reyes scoring twice.

slapz

I predict 5-1 simply for the fact that we've tear strips out of Riggott and Parnaby at the back.

gooner, southgate isnt playing so he cant be one of your keymen ;)

I'll be there to see Jimmy get frustrated

jester

Established Member
i'm going. i'm in east lower - 31 rows back. does this mean that the east upper will restrict my view?
will i still be able to see the pitch?

johe

Since we're playing at home, perhaps we could be a tad more attacking?

Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Freddie Gilberto Pires Reyes

Bergkamp Henry

It might just work. ;)

It's more than likely we will see something like this though:

Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Freddie Gilberto Cesc Pires

Bergkamp Henry

It's a hard choice really, with so many players on form.

Alternatively:

Reyes Gilberto Cesc Pires

Bergkamp Henry

If we drop Bergkamp we don't really have a captain, but Wenger wouldn't drop Reyes at the moment, playing would do wonders for his confidence in the rest of the season. He may go with the same line up that started against Everton, but I think it's quite unlikely that he'll put Pires on the bench given he has played well both against Ajax and scored at Goodison.

Again, this is the kind of selection problem ANY manager would want to have. ;)

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree with maybe resting henry, especially if he plays midweek for france, so he's fresh for the blackburn game, looks tired at the moment.

I wouldnt say henry is 'tired'

'Lacking match fitness' is a bit more like it.

bobbypires

Established Member
johe said:
Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Bergkamp Henry
Look really good. But I'd choose with Cesc and Pires next Tuesday when he'll be 100% fit. Hope Titi and Bobby don't play tomorrow against Bosnia.

A

Anonymous

johe said:

Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Bergkamp Reyes

yeh i'd defo take 2 reyes's for this game! somehow i dont think that can happen tho ;)

johe

Scottish Lass said:
johe said:

Lehmann

Lauren Kolo Cygan Cole

Bergkamp Henry

yeh i'd defo take 2 reyes's for this game! somehow i dont think that can happen tho ;)

What are you on about woman, it clearly said Henry. ;D

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom