• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 22/08/04

Guns and Arses

Only one word to descibe the game - muth***cking

Cesc Fabregas held the ball so well, won almost every one-on-ones, muth***cking!

And Reyes' goal, Bergkamp and Henry....F**k!

maniak

we were amazing. great comeback

bergkamp, reyes and henry were onfire. no wonder we scored 5 goals. now cygan... :roll:

Ridge

I just knew we were gonna win it when Dennis scored our second goal. And when I was still celebrating for the Pires goal and watching replays, then suddenly, Martin Tyler's voice came - REYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
And then on the screen, Reyes scored? oh what a game that was. F*cking great.

um, guys, mind to tell me something. I dont really get it wheres clockend, west stand, and what lower higher???? Cause I watch from TV, and theres only left and right for me. :)

Aussie

Established Member
All i can say is **** me. I thought we were ****ed when we were 3-1 down. What a come back the boys showed great spirit.

leongsh

Ridge said:
um, guys, mind to tell me something. I dont really get it wheres clockend, west stand, and what lower higher???? Cause I watch from TV, and theres only left and right for me. :)

Left of the TV screen would be North Bank and right is the Clock End (South Bank). The main TV cameras are on the West Bank looking at the East Bank where the teams are seated.

The seats for the away team supporters are located at the Clock End corner next to the West Bank.

Sammer

Established Member
JazzG said:
Well that was an interesting match eh.

We totally lost the plot there for a little while but Boro's goal were all major faults by us. 5 times we had a chance to win the tackle for the first goal but didn't and a great finish, 2nd goal wtf was Cygan doing and 3rd Lehmann was very badly positioned. 2 of those goals were unstoppable by Lehmann though, bad to beaten at your near post but those shots went like f****g bullets! Everton's goal came from good play but these 3 were all cheap cheap goals, need to get these out of our system. Cygan isn't great but he has looked much better in the past, needs to sort himself out. Without Vieira and Campbell it is obvious we aren't gonna be as strong.

As for our attack today, sensational. We took em apart at times today which was great to see. The first half we should of been leading 3-0 going into half time, hit the bar, post and some great saves by their keeper. We were all over them for most of that match and definitely deserved to win.

For the next few games Fred has to be dropped and Pires bought on, or maybe leave him as our very own super sub as he has been brilliant when he has come on. But you can't drop Reyes or Dennis after them 2 putting on another brilliant performance, especially Dennis who has really rolled back the years, f****g genius that guy and also what a goal by Reyes pure class.

Very good wrap-up, JAZZ G...that sums it all up !

We have to praise Wenger, that we are finally in the position to conduct some high-quality midfield rotation, which is essential in competing successfully in the EPL and CL.

Imagine Viera coming back and RVP developing...

And Dennis in his last season leading us through the non-Viera times. We just need to get Sol back quickly. Toure doesn´t perform too well without him and Cygan is obviously swamped with his task (well, who wouldn´t be - replacing Sol?)

KingReyes

Established Member
That was a great comeback, just shows what a special team we are, its when you are almost down and out when you know how good you are and we showed that yesterday.

However mainly one man deserves all the credit yesterday, Dennis Bergkamp, he started it and carried us all the way, a great captsains performance. They say that players are irreplacable but I seriously can't say that for Bergy. He is an absolute legend.

The goals were a bit sloppy, Cygan tends to have a good game and then totally loses concentration resulting in the second goal. Great finishing by the Boro strikers, the third goal was intended as a cross and Jens assumed it would be. Still a great comeback!!

Ridge

leongsh said:
Left of the TV screen would be North Bank and right is the Clock End (South Bank). The main TV cameras are on the West Bank looking at the East Bank where the teams are seated.

The seats for the away team supporters are located at the Clock End corner next to the West Bank.
Oh thanks, then how bout the season tickets? where do they sit? and the prices, which is more expensive?

Thanks for telling me.

beanz

Ridge said:
Oh thanks, then how bout the season tickets? where do they sit? and the prices, which is more expensive? Thanks for telling me.
The season ticket holders, sit in an area known as "The Library corner", a special place reserved for the hard of shouting, you can see the warning signs with "SHHHSSSS" posted around the outside. :mrgreen:

Gurgen

Established Member
Unbelievable what a match.
Dennis Bergkamp, pulled us through when we needed him the most, what a worthy captain of Arsenal.
And Reyes and Cesc, what absolute class.
Only thing I'm worried about is a certain bald Frenchman called Cygan.

Aussie

Established Member
I was still celerbrating Pires goal and they were showing a reply of it then all of a suddent they cut back to the action and **** me the ball was in the back of the net. Couldnt belive it.

Great confidence booster that game. Just goes to show that we are NEVER out of the game.

jeromelee

Aussie said:
I was still celerbrating Pires goal and they were showing a reply of it then all of a suddent they cut back to the action and f**k me the ball was in the back of the net. Couldnt belive it.

That really shook me up too man!! :D I was wondering if there was some mistake with the replay or something cause I was still watching the replay the Reyes struck.

Anyone got a pic of Mclaren sitting on the stairs looking stumped, shaking his head, and having some kind of weird smile on his face after we scored the fourth goal? That is a picture to savour!!!

Vilas

Who was the commentator that said (somthing like) "wow...they're never going to lose again..." I was so amused.

Boring boring arsenal, eh?

quattro

jeromelee said:
Anyone got a pic of Mclaren sitting on the stairs looking stumped, shaking his head, and having some kind of weird smile on his face after we scored the fourth goal? That is a picture to savour!!!
or a picture of Arsène delighted jumping up and down after the fourth goal. classic.

Arnie

or when he shook pires' hand for the third??

Bloody hell my mates called me up at three one for a laugh. I wanted to cry, but i'm a man!! :x

They made me miss Bergy's Goal!! :evil: That was a peach!! :p

I was so bloody relieved and happy at 3-3 and like u guys said they were still showing a replay when reyes scored his 5th goal in 5 starts!!

Now i wish i bought that ticket of cappy :( :cry: :(

What a game, what a result

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom