• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | 18/11/06

dos1986

Established Member
Myles is an entertaining mug he is always changing his mind and digging it in when a team or player isnt at its best only a few weeks ago he said Rooney was finished when he couldnt buy a goal and now he is better than thierry.He will be all praise for thierry this weekend when he scores at bolton :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Why was the last time Wenger made a tatically change(e.g a substition) in a match that won us the game?

Ah, the beauty of football...

Last night. There's a good answer for you.

famous no 10

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:
Why was the last time Wenger made a tatically change(e.g a substition) in a match that won us the game?

Indeed. Wengers tactical changes in the 2nd half were spot on.

dos1986

Established Member
Arsène did say it would take 10 Competitive games at the Emirates for ous get going and lasts nights fun and games was the 11th

Now we've got that monkey off our back just in time for the Tottenham Hotspur match

Arsène knows

Alfonso

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see 4-4-2 is better than 4-5-1 for attacking. It was more common sense than tactical brilliance. But the question remains, why play 4-5-1 aka shoot ourselfs in the foot tactic from the begining?

americanarf

Established Member
sabret00the said:
otfgoon said:
sabret00the said:
otfgoon said:
sabret00the said:
Rocafella said:
The problem now is this patient football we attempt to play. The main contributor to this is Cesc. There's no urgency in his play to release the ball earlier then he does. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing passer of the ball but sometimes he just needs to release it earlier. We let him dictate the tempo of our play and for me it's just not quick enough and it let's teams re-group behind the ball.

On the other hand Rosicky who I think has been one of our best performers this season, is good for us because he's quick in playing the ball and quick in thought and his off the ball movement is good.

We need to really up the tempo of our passing and when that happens and teams start to lose their shape we can try and penetrate more then we are and attempt to be more direct with our passing.
to pass the ball quicker, he needs people to pass to, with the 4-5-1 he has no forward runners to release the ball too, hence slowing down the game so the team can slowly work their way up the pitch instead.

Agreed its not Cesc's fault, but I dont understand why one of Hleb, Rosicky, Robin cant join theirry and make a "forward run" in the 4-5-1.
Because Arsène once saw a game where every member of the team got four touches in a build up to a goal (tap-in), no one dribbled it was just sublime one touch football. ever since that day he's been trying to replicate the prowess of that team and that goal, sadly at the behest of points.

Yep, I agree with you there, but I dont think it should be "at the behest of points". Granted the 4-4-2 is much better, but I dont think thats the issue. I think the 4-5-1 formation is basically covering up for what can only be described as slack and lazy starts to games. I would accept the escuse that its because of the formation only if we didnt have the exact same problems with the 4-4-2, which we did.
we used to kill of games and not know what to do with the ball for the remaining hour, now we know how to keep the ball for an hour we just can't kill of a game for the life of us. i'm sorry but even the most naive of us know that keeping possession is useless unless you've got the lead. our 4-5-1 is about defending via possession and it's to such a degree we have no attack now. it's outright cowardly. so yes when scoring goals isn't your teams first priority, you have to say "at the behest of points" (plural on the day, as opposed to 2 points a week).

couldn't agree more

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Alfonso said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see 4-4-2 is better than 4-5-1 for attacking. It was more common sense than tactical brilliance. But the question remains, why play 4-5-1 aka shoot ourselfs in the foot tactic from the begining?

The question may remain now, but that isn't what you asked in the first place, is it? You asked, and I quote:

I gave you the answer.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:

The question may remain now, but that isn't what you asked in the first place, is it? You asked, and I quote:

I gave you the answer.

But the question remains, RocktheCasbah, how can you answer a question that makes no sense. And I quote:

'Why was the last time Wenger made a tatically change(e.g a substition) in a match that won us the game'.

Tony Montana

Established Member
In all seriousness though, I don't think Wenger is tactically inept, just that he's not a tactical master. You could argue that Benitez is not as good as everyone thinks he is because if you look at the 2004/2005 season and this season so far he's been all over the place in terms of who to play. Liverpool have yet to score an away goal in open play.

When things go wrong, you can criticise a manager easily. It's not because Wenger shouldn't be criticised but sometimes we exaggerate his weaknesses.

Alfonso

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Alfonso said:

I gave you the answer.

well done.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom