• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 16/12/06

Alfonso

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
i haven't read the comments so far, but i assume ade gets a lot of praise and, to some degree, he deserves it, but he is so chaotic. there is no overall, general strategy or plan to his game. whatever happens, happens and when he's in an unfamiliar position he's absolutely clueless. ade is a growing on me, but he needs to learn when to calm down and just keep posession.

But the thing is, if Adebayor scored a hatrick in the Champions League final, you will still not be happy. :evil:

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
And I don't even know why some are getting on RVPs back - he definately should have put that chance away when he dummied Sol but the other 2 (header and rebound shot) were just very good saves.

Everyone *****es at Hleb for not taking shots. That's a fact. When he does and misses he gets slaughtered for it saying he should of squared it to RVP.

Alfonso

Established Member
RvP should have scored against Portsmouth in the 2nd half. Why did try to score with such an audacious effort, when the simple option would have been so much better?

The thing is, if this was a one off it would be ok, but he always does this, he always seems to be hitting the post, as he tries to hit the perfect shot.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
At 23, the kid has showed he can provide some special goals in the intermitent role that he's played the last couple of years.

He just needs to mature a bit to see that the goal should come first and not the execution and he'll fly.

Maybe it's a hangover from Wenger and Henry, many times the latter has tried something special and not pulled it off.

sabret00the

Established Member
With Robin i think it comes down to what everyone wants from him. judging by what Wenger's said and done then i'd assume he wants Robin the link up player. Where as most fans and i want Robin the goal scorer. Hopefully we'll see the latter re-emerge soon.

qs

Established Member
At 23 i dont think you can say Robin needs to mature more or call him a kid. Not in our team anyway. its now that he should be shining.

In fairness to the guy he is being moved around from game to game and now with ade in instead of henry he'd not going to just click immediately with him. they need a run of games together consistently.

I thought Robin was terrible yesterday but he wasn't in the minority was he? The attitude of the majority of the team was off yesterday and I'd put that down to chopping and changing formations and line ups so regularly. We need the likes of Robin and Ade to understand each other, thats the only way you can play the football Wenger expects. You need to understand where your team mate is going to be and where he wants you to be.

We need to settle the team down. Obviously you cant play the same 11 every game but right now theres too much changing things around and its helping no one. Least of all Robin whos given a different job every week. Left wing, striker, playing in the hole.

Clearly losing Reyes ****ed up Wengers plans but he needs to address that in january if its causing this many problems.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Yes qs' last line summed up my thoughts. Reyes leaving ****ed things right up and has led to Robin being out on the left even when Wenger's said very recently that he's best centrally.

Rosicky and January should hopefully fix that then we'll see what's what between the 3 strikers.

Robin IS still a kid, of course he needs to and can continue maturing. 30 year olds continue to develop FFS. And at the start of the season him and Ade did have a nice partnership forming which is why I was so frustrated at Wenger's insistence in putting in and out of form Henry.

The Fabregas effect, worse thing to happen to Arsenal fans in a long time.

qs

Established Member
Holy **** pour next midfielder just scored against united.

Anyway on Rosicky, when was the last time Wenger played him on the left? it looks to me like he's given up on Rosicky being the Pires replacement and he's just the man to make the 4-5-1 work.

Alfonso

Established Member
With Man Utd dropping points today(touch wood) it makes me even more pissed off that we dropped points yesterday. We should be 12 points behind United at this point.

lagos

Established Member
you still persist in your hope we'll win the title huh?

quite honestly I don't want manu to drop points. we are not going to win it and Life would be unbearable in London if chelsea win it 3 times in a row? manu winning is the lesser of 2 evils

so right now I'm not a happy bunny

sabret00the

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Given up FINALLY then Sabre? :lol:
nah Ribery's coming in the summer. not much i can do than just be patient. part of my happiness however it dependant on van Persie treating me with goals but hey, just a couple more weeks and we'll get one of the two R's here.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
qs said:
Clearly losing Reyes f*d up Wengers plans but he needs to address that in january if its causing this many problems.

Can you elaborate please mate?

Basically we've no left winger now apart from Freddie who just isnt good enough. Alex and theo are both much better on the right. Robin is far better as a striker but switching him between the 2 isn't allowing him to settle. Wenger said himself that Robins better cenrtrally so he should play there.

the lack of a left winger is seriously unsettling our team. We arent settled in formation and we have no one whos linking up with Gael the way Alex links with Eboue.

the league is so competitive now that we need both sides funtioning fully to challenge.

On the right we've Hleb and theo and thats great because we can swap and sub them and keep them fit and have a bit of depth and it doesnt really unsettling things too much.

see Hleb on the left yesterday, he doesnt know whos around him the way he does on the right. Thats from not playing there, he doesnt anticipate Gales run as he does with Eboue.

We need a proper left winger who can play there the majority of the time. Then Freddie can provide cover for that position till the summer when Franck arrives(I live in hope).

Alfonso

Established Member
I see what you are saying, but please dont forget Rosicky. We are a different team with Rosicky. He may not be Bobby Pires, but he can make that left wing is own in the second half of the season.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
I see what you are saying, but please dont forget Rosicky. We are a different team with Rosicky. He may not be Bobby Pires, but he can make that left wing is own in the second half of the season.

But Rosicky hasnt played on the left for months. Wenger played him there a few times at the start then seemed to give up. im all for Rosicky on the left but if thats to happen we'll have to accept its going to take a few games for him to become effective there.

sabret00the

Established Member
Alfonso said:
:roll:

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom