• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Portsmouth | 16/12/06

AFCG7

Established Member
Ironic isnt it.. 2 seasons ago we were left rueing the fact that we couldnt have a right side to match the Cole/Pires attacking show.
Now we have a functioning right side with Eboue/Hleb/Walcott but our left side has suffered.
Width..we need damned width!

kel varnsen

Established Member
qs said:
Holy s**t pour next midfielder just scored against united.

Anyway on Rosicky, when was the last time Wenger played him on the left? it looks to me like he's given up on Rosicky being the Pires replacement and he's just the man to make the 4-5-1 work.

rosicky played on the left side the last time he was not injured and we played 4-4-2. it's obvious that wenger sees rosicky as a left winger in a 4-4-2, but as a central midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. if wenger decides to really settle with 4-5-1 permanently, our biggest concern is really left midfield. i'd like to see hleb on the left side:

henry
hleb-rosicky-gilberto-cesc-walcott

qs

Established Member
Another thing about the inclusion of Ali. If Wenger thought ali was possibly ready for the first team why didn't he give him a few 15-20 minute runs off the bench to ease him into and maybe get a better idea about how he'd do.

Alfonso

Established Member
Aliadere could easily play as a left winger, the postion we are clearly weak on according to some on here. Aliadere would do as good of a job as Reyes last season as Aliadere doesnt suffer from winter depression syndrome or whatever it is called.

thegame24

Established Member
i was almost right.

i told ya i see both man u and chelsea dropping points.

chelsea should have at most got a draw, its jokes though that man united contracted keeper cost everton the game, hes ****ing ****e.

west ham i expected to win so not really suprised, reo is comin arsenal.

thegame24

Established Member
i was almost right.

i told ya i see both man u and chelsea dropping points.

chelsea should have at most got a draw, its jokes though that man united contracted keeper cost everton the game, hes ****ing ****e.

west ham i expected to win so not really suprised, reo is comin arsenal.

qs

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
qs said:
Holy s**t pour next midfielder just scored against united.

Anyway on Rosicky, when was the last time Wenger played him on the left? it looks to me like he's given up on Rosicky being the Pires replacement and he's just the man to make the 4-5-1 work.

rosicky played on the left side the last time he was not injured and we played 4-4-2. it's obvious that wenger sees rosicky as a left winger in a 4-4-2, but as a central midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. if wenger decides to really settle with 4-5-1 permanently, our biggest concern is really left midfield. i'd like to see hleb on the left side:

henry
hleb-rosicky-gilberto-cesc-walcott

Right you are, maybe if he'd stayed fit he'd have gotten a few more runs there. Still he's played alot more games in the 5 man midfield in recent months.

That was also one of Robins best games when he played in the hole behind Ade, he created loads in there. if he was let settle there i think he'd be great.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Aliadere could easily play as a left winger, the postion we are clearly weak on according to some on here. Aliadere would do as good of a job as Reyes last season as Aliadere doesnt suffer from winter depression syndrome or whatever it is called.

Not a hope.

sesquioxide

sabret00the said:
just a couple more weeks and we'll get one of the two R's here.

Sabret00the, I know this is not the transfer forum, but would you mind posting up some links or some evidence to back these assertions up? Have there been Arsenal scouts at these games watching these folks? Has Wenger even mentioned the possibility of signing them? Or are you just hoping?

lagos

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Now your turn with the insults Lagoshypocrite

????????

there's a difference between insulting someone 'cos they have a different view to you (usually what an unintelligent person does when they can't argue a point) and calling someone a slimy bastard 'cos his actions were that of one.

But you wouldn't know

Alfonso

Established Member
qs said:
Alfonso said:

Not a hope.

You forget how crap Reyes was at times last season. Think Wigan away.

thegame24

Established Member
the thing about arsenal, we are ****ing quality, its not like last season where we needed improvements.

we are quality, whats costing us this year is tactics against these teams we usually steam roll over.

we gotta start of games as if we just done a line of coke.

sabret00the

Established Member
sesquioxide said:
sabret00the said:

Sabret00the, I know this is not the transfer forum, but would you mind posting up some links or some evidence to back these assertions up? Have there been Arsenal scouts at these games watching these folks? Has Wenger even mentioned the possibility of signing them? Or are you just hoping?
There's no evidence, i'm either right or wrong. it's one of those things you or two; that you follow or you don't. Nigel himself mentioned out big in his one of his interviews and rumours are varying as to the extent of a deal bringing him here in January, some are saying he's already signed a pre-contract with us. As for Ribery, that's just been going on for so long but the smart money is on him coming here in the summer. i'm hopeful yes, but there's more evidence to support it than not.

Alfonso

Established Member
thegame24 said:
the thing about arsenal, we are f****g quality, its not like last season where we needed improvements.

we are quality, whats costing us this year is tactics against these teams we usually steam roll over.

we gotta start of games as if we just done a line of coke.

Exactly. We should be ****ing 12 points behind sides that we can batter on our day! That is what makes it so much more frustrating. If we were an average side, i would take finishing 3rd/4th, but the fact that we are a ****ing good team, it pisses me off that we keep underacheiving this season.

We got to be the most frustrating side to support these days.

qs

Established Member
Alfonso said:
qs said:
Alfonso said:

Not a hope.

i dont. i just dont think Ali would ever match up to Reyes good moments.

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
sesquioxide said:
sabret00the said:

There's no evidence, i'm either right or wrong. it's one of those things you or two; that you follow or you don't. Nigel himself mentioned out big in his one of his interviews and rumours are varying as to the extent of a deal bringing him here in January, some are saying he's already signed a pre-contract with us. As for Ribery, that's just been going on for so long but the smart money is on him coming here in the summer. i'm hopeful yes, but there's more evidence to support it than not.

all the same signals as Rosicky IMO

xxxxxx

qs said:
Alfonso said:
qs said:
Alfonso said:

Not a hope.

i dont. i just dont think Ali would ever match up to Reyes good moments.

You don't know the future and neither do we. We'll wait and see. I think he will get much better, which he has done since last year in my opinion.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom