• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 02/12/06

sabret00the

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
sabret00the said:
Gurgen said:
kel varnsen said:
a bit like the liverpool match. same result, but the actual performance wasn't anything more than solid really. far from brilliant, as we didn't really create many chances from open play.

We didn't need to. We won this game fighting and if that's what it takes then that's what we'll have to do from now on.

Ade was brilliant today.

Also disagree that RvP was poor. He played a real team game today, linked play superbly and won the second penalty with some cheeky play.
true his link up game was superb, but let's be honest, as a striker that's not what wins you games. granted in a team as inadequate as this one, someone has to be the one to try and paper over the cracks, but it's not enough. his job is to provide a goal threat first and foremost and not having a single shot at goal (from open play) for a striker, is just unacceptable.

are you saying he was poor or he wasn't played to his strengths?
i'm saying he was poor because he was some sort of bergkamp clone today and not the goal threat this club so desperately needs. i'm not judging him by what he done. but by what he failed to do given his role. of course there's always margin for error in this method of judgement down to the fact that we don't know what the manager told him to do.

Sol man

Well done to the boys today, we have not had any luck whatsoever in the past month and it is good to finally have some but then again we made our luck today by simply playing well.

Up the Arse!!!!!!

Alfonso

Established Member
How great does a victory against your rivals feel in a middle of a "criris" and on the night after our captain supposdely walked out on training.

You got to love Arsenal. Adversity always brings the best out of us!

siddharth

Never imagined such kind of a game. We played well today and got lucky. But let's not get carried away with this win. I'm still worried about our lack of ability to create chances from open play. Without the generous decisions in our favour i'm still not convinced that we would have been able to score from open play.

All of you people who are bashing kel will shut your mouths in the next 2 weeks when our problems appear again.In the final third we are just clueless and i don't remember seeing such a thing under wenger before.

Also had malbranque scored for spuds in the first half it was going to be the same story. Really disappointed with van persie who imo had a very poor game. Not once did he cause any problems for the spuds defence which is just criminal for a striker.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Army of Me said:
Well, there's a lesson to be learnt here: Never write off the Arsenal!

This is the result I wanted, out of all our games this season THIS is the result I wanted most. Come on you Gunners, let's turn this s**t season around!

And yet earlier in this thread you thought we'd get battered. You wanted this result yet you predicted 3-1 or something to Sp**s.

Why? :( :(

Army of Me

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
And yet earlier in this thread you thought we'd get battered. You wanted this result yet you predicted 3-1 or something to Sp**s.

Because I had just witnessed Fulham turn us over, that's why.

Make no mistake, just because I didn't expect us to trounce the **** doesn't mean I didn't want it!

Alfonso

Established Member
siddharth said:
Never imagined such kind of a game. We played well today and got lucky. But let's not get carried away with this win. I'm still worried about our lack of ability to create chances from open play. Without the generous decisions in our favour i'm still not convinced that we would have been able to score from open play.

All of you people who are bashing kel will shut your mouths in the next 2 weeks when our problems appear again.In the final third we are just clueless and i don't remember seeing such a thing under wenger before.

Also had malbranque scored for spuds in the first half it was going to be the same story. Really disappointed with van persie who imo had a very poor game. Not once did he cause any problems for the spuds defence which is just criminal for a striker.

Some people are never happy! :cry:

Meek

2 former/loanee arsenal players on the scoresheet for birmingham. upson and bendtner.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Army of Me said:
Tony Montana said:

Because I had just witnessed Fulham turn us over, that's why.

Make no mistake, just because I didn't expect us to trounce the **** doesn't mean I didn't want it!

I know man. I'm just playing. I thought we would draw but I didn't expect a 3-0 win.

Army of Me

Established Member
I'm still a little concerned about our defending, in the first 20 minutes the **** had 2 attacks and if it wasn't for poor finishing and a poor first touch they could've scored them both.

I'm not sure how we'll cope without Toure against the Chelscum :(

kel varnsen

Established Member
siddharth said:

that's the problem with mania, a lack of perspective. a couple of wins and we'll win the premiership without breaking a sweat. a couple of defeats and wenger is a fool, the players are ****e, too few brits etc. there are a lot of clowns on this board who change their mind almost on a weekly basis, depending on our previous result...

Alfonso

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
siddharth said:

that's the problem with mania, a lack of perspective. a couple of wins and we'll win the premiership without breaking a sweat. a couple of defeats and wenger is a fool, the players are s***e, too few brits etc. there are a lot of clowns on this board who change their mind almost on a weekly basis, depending on our previous result...

Are you talking about me? I know we still have problems etc. But im saying for once, why dont we just enjoy the result? There is a time and place for everything, but when we win why spoil the fun? At the end of the day weve had loads of heartaches this season, so when we do win, and win against a team we desmise, enjoy it. Leave the anaylsis for the next day at least! Especially since we have lost two in a row. Its not every day you beat your north london rivals.

Apperciate this victory, instead of finding faults.

Im sure you would have taken 3-0 before the game.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
bluenaz said:
Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Clichy
Hleb-Cesc-Gilberto-Rosicky/Freddie
--------Robin--------------
---------------Henry(if he is freaking fit)

3-0 for us.
Nic e one Naz :D

the dawn raids

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Well done Arsenal. Well done Wenger. Well done everyone. Moment of trurh was here today and we passed the test.

passed what test? taking 3 points out of 9 that will probably end up costing us even trying for the league? im glad we won today, but to say weve passed some sort of test after the last two "performances" weve put in before today is nothing short of ludicrous.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom