• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 02/12/06

dublingunner

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
that's the problem with mania, a lack of perspective. a couple of wins and we'll win the premiership without breaking a sweat. a couple of defeats and wenger is a fool, the players are s***e, too few brits etc. there are a lot of clowns on this board who change their mind almost on a weekly basis, depending on our previous result...

QFT

Alfonso

Established Member
Dawn Raids, considering we lost two in a row, our captain suppodesly walking out on us in traning, and the fact that Sp**s had their best chance to beat us for ages, plus they would have been the first team to do so in Emirates. I think we have done pretty well. Does this mean we will be champions? Probably not. But it does mean that Arsenal and Arsène still have some heart. And we can take a lot out of this game into the next two big ones.

Today was the moment of truth, and we passed.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Alfonso said:
kel varnsen said:
siddharth said:
Never imagined such kind of a game. We played well today and got lucky. But let's not get carried away with this win. I'm still worried about our lack of ability to create chances from open play. Without the generous decisions in our favour i'm still not convinced that we would have been able to score from open play.

All of you people who are bashing kel will shut your mouths in the next 2 weeks when our problems appear again.In the final third we are just clueless and i don't remember seeing such a thing under wenger before.

that's the problem with mania, a lack of perspective. a couple of wins and we'll win the premiership without breaking a sweat. a couple of defeats and wenger is a fool, the players are s***e, too few brits etc. there are a lot of clowns on this board who change their mind almost on a weekly basis, depending on our previous result...

Are you talking about me? I know we still have problems etc. But im saying for once, why dont we just enjoy the result? There is a time and place for everything, but when we win why spoil the fun? At the end of the day weve had loads of heartaches this season, so when we do win, and win against a team we desmise, enjoy it. Leave the anaylsis for the next day at least! Especially since we have lost two in a row. Its not every day you beat your north london rivals.

Apperciate this victory, instead of finding faults.

Im sure you would have taken 3-0 before the game.
Well said that man, enjoy the win FFS :D

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Alfonso said:
Dawn Raids, considering we lost two in a row, our captain suppodesly walking out on us in traning, and the fact that Sp**s had their best chance to beat us for ages, plus they would have been the first team to do so in Emirates. I think we have done pretty well. Does this mean we will be champions? Probably not. But it does mean that Arsenal and Arsène still have some heart. And we can take a lot out of this game into the next two big ones.

Today was the moment of truth, and we passed.
We passed the game without letting in any sloppy goals, the lads done us proud, lets enjoy the moment. :D

otfgoon

Established Member
Really pleased with the desire and effort they guys showed today. Looked like we knew we were playing in a london derby and they didnt. We just need to play at that tempo and directness in all our games.

Ade :****) was immence today, and not just because of his worked rate. Looked like a real quality player. Mention to Freddie as well, was better than thomas today, still looks rusty on the ball but worked his socks off.

Also well played to Arsène for realising the 4-5-1 doesnt work in most games.

dublingunner

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Alfonso said:
Well done Arsenal. Well done Wenger. Well done everyone. Moment of trurh was here today and we passed the test.

passed what test? taking 3 points out of 9 that will probably end up costing us even trying for the league? im glad we won today, but to say weve passed some sort of test after the last two "performances" weve put in before today is nothing short of ludicrous.

What I'm sure he meant was that this was a match where our backs were against the wall big-time, our players' ability was being doubted, our desire to fight and our team spirit was being questioned, our manager was being slated for his tactics and decisions. And just to spice it up we had to play the first derby at the Emirates against an in-form team who would fancy their chances.

That test.

11vanpersie

wonder what the Sp**s forums think...would love to know....im seeing alot of Sp**s fans tonight at some party and im just going to look at laugh cos to be honest thatwill hurt them more than words :)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

I am amazed at all the negative comments from people on this forum, for feck sake there ain't no pleasing some people, I wonder why they bother to support the team at all.

air

It was just like the Liverpool game: not many chances but we took the ones we had. I guess you could say we would have attacked more aggressively if we didn't have the lead, but I agree we didn't create that many scoring chances. We must get into more scoring positions from all the possession we have. Not just today but in general.

Gotta love the result though. I have no grudges against Sp**s but it's a really satisfying win.

Two players came up big and they were Adebayor and Freddie. Obviously there were other good performances but those two you didn't really see playing the game they did.

Fabregas was great, I really prefer him playing in a two-man central midfield. He gets much more of the ball and is not forced to make forward runs and receive the ball with his back to goal. When he's deep he can see everyone and pick the best pass. Also he's not that quick, so I think it serves him much better to be playing deep than trying to burst through. Today he was dominant.

awooga83

Established Member
I agree this result has refilled my optimism tank i was thinking its funny how one result can do that but i guess it comes with the territory when you support a club, i can't wait to play Chelsea and it would be great to get one over them and certain other individuals who will remain nameless.

sabret00the

Established Member
Defensively we showed a lot of improvement today, we weren't as naive and while there's still room for improvement. i'm happy with what we saw today. In midfield i thought we were really lax, we failed to hold shape, often gave up the ground we possessed, width wasn't something we had and all in all i felt we caved. In attack, Adebayor was a monster and van Persie was too busy papering over the cracks of midfield, playing either deep centrally or on the wings. My major gripe with todays game is that we allowed a personal feud (van Persie/Ljungberg) to effect link up play, to me that is unacceptible and the fact it was all one sided from our experiences third/fourth choice captain was really a shambles of disappointment.

On Ljungberg (i'm probably being harsh) i read a lot of people rating his performance and quite frankly, that's something i can't do, while i can rate his presence. he was tenacious (an overrated trait on this board) but really made too many runs he shouldn't have, popped up in spaces he shouldn't have been near, his vision and passing decisions were scat half the time and overall he had a poor personal game. As a team player however, he kept the passion up, inspired movement and as mentioned worked hard.

There's a lot of improvement to be had, but if we can keep doing the basics well, it'll happen naturally.

mood

Very good performance, great approach and attitude.

Although the decision for the 3rd goal, 2nd penalty, was wrong... we need that kindof fortune ! that's what we haven't been getting this season.. although the game was already at 2-0 and I felt we should've put more chances away.

Adebayor had his best game in an Arsenal shirt. So far he's done good in the bigger games vs Man Utd and Tottenham, but terrible vs the smaller teams. I hope he can only play like that more regularly and start finishing more often. Put good performance from the lad, put in plenty good runs and took his goal well, timed his run to perfection.

Good to see Cesc playing well as well. Ljungberg had a good performance in my opinion as well.

Gilberto was very good once again, he does a lot more for the team than most come to accept. Did his job in midfield as usual. He was the captain today, he led the team well and even shouted at times. took great captain's responsility in stepping up and scoring 2 good penalties.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom