• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Tottenham | 29/10/08

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Re: EPL: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur |NLD | 29 Oct. 2008 20:00

Don't need pundits to confirm it. But it didn't amaze me they didn't blame Cesc non-performances just on Cesc. Yes I played football before at a reasonble high level (highest Dutch U12 regional youth league in those days. Was a right winger & indeed I had cases when others made me play crap. For example when we got a new right mid, who always passed to me in the wrong way. too late, too slow, wrong foot, etc had a good coach who understood it so he made us train a lot together). I'm a footy addict for 35 years. Keen reader of 'Voetaltrainer', the Dutch magazine for football managers. They have long feature stories on subjects as how to make a not-top performing team win again. Then you have top managers like Hiddink, Van Gaal, etc. explaining how they turned things around. Then they specifically discuss things like it's more difficult for players to get in top form if a team is changed, if players around them are crap, etc.

Of course an inidividual bad pass can't be blamed on Denilson (or Wenger starting him). But if you fail to see that major changes & our team not being as good as last season haven't affected Cesc's wellbeing/shape...

these things have had a major impact on cesc performances/form & our team not being stable makes it harder for him to get to top form again.

giuliob

The great players find a way to do something when things are not going their way....In yesterday's game, it was hard to find nuggets of leadership, of fire, etc. from Cesc during the crucial moments of the game....Something...Anything.....Although he is considered a young player, he has plenty of experiences to draw on...I hope this loss brings him down from the heights of winning Euro Cup to the realities of life at Arsenal...It's time to show what you can do for your team.....

ricky1985

Established Member

j'nuh said:
sabret00the said:
I watched the game in a bar, and as soon as everyone saw Eboue coming on, the Spuds supporters started cheering. Say it all really.

Yeah, Arsène should listen to Sp**s fans more often. I think thats where hes going wrong.

Honestly though, you cant just say 'Eboue cost us the game' without explaining how. You can explain how because the goals had nothing to do with Eboue.

What cost us the game was combination of:

1. Bad luck. Clichy should have got rid of the ball earlier, however falling over is not bad football, its bad luck. Modric's shot could have gone anywhere other than to lennon and weve won the game. We're unlucky that Bentley scored the goal of his life against us.

2. In my opinion, we opened ourselves up to being unlucky with long shots by playing Denilson alongside Cesc. We didnt cover the defense enough. All of the goals came from players getting inbetween midfield and defense and being able to shoot. Someone like Gilberto stops that happening so much. The thing is, if you put someone like Gilberto back in then we lose the dynamic, aggressive style that has brought us success in the past two years.

3. The sheer idiocy of Cesc and Diaby in the final few minutes. In particular when Cesc tried to play Adebayor through when he had the ball on the 93rd minute. Do anything else other than lose it and we've won the game.

j'nuh that is pretty much word for word what I have been saying since last night. Glad to see I'm not a lone voice, because no one else seems to agree with that train of thought.

giuliob

This blaming it on bad luck in #1 and #2 is being in denial.......Clichy has had this tendency to hold onto the ball too long down in the opponent's corner...We've seen it time and time again....And #2 is not about luck, it's about players........

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Thommybhoy said:
Why do You even watch what their pathetic fans have to say. Who gives a f**k, it's like careing what single cell organism thinks :D
They celebrated a draw against us like it was God knows what, Hull didn't celebrate that much.
I guess DVD will come out:
"We draw at Emirates, greatest undeserved draw ever! Arsenal didn't beat us in competitive game! COME ON! GET IN!"

I was joking about this but guess what??!!
link

IBL

Established Member

:lol: you gotta be f***king kidding me!

I suppose it was their cup final, despite being battered they converted their only 4 chances aided by some generous defending and plenty of luck

Thommybhoy

Established Member

I couldn't believe my own eyes, somebody posted this on local forum with title: "Who is insane here?!"
My title would suit that DVD much better LOL
What pathetic group they are.

James

Established Member

I joked about them releasing the Villa game as a DVD last season. I never once thought they'd do it. Oh dear lord, that club is ****ing pathetic.

IBL

Established Member

hahaha!!!!

"Grab a piece of Derby history!" you drew you ******!

they really are a pathetic odious bunch. That's cheered me up a bit

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

"Match Worn, Signed Darren Bent Boots"

One of the very last things I ever thought I was going to see on an auction starting at 250 GBP. :lol:

James

Established Member

They'll always be in our shadow. I'm almost embarrassed for them.

Anzac

Established Member

While I pity The Spuds, in some ways I actually envy their reaction to their 2 results against us. Think about it - they hadn't won in the derby matches for 8 years, and then spank us in the semi of a Cup. Similarly they're bottom of the table, playing sh*t football, just sacked their manager, and they come from 2 goals down to draw Away in the last 3 minutes.

No wonder their players & supporters react as if they'd won the Final - I wish our players cared as much.

Gurgen

Established Member

Sp**s website said:
there was a great sense of unity and pride as Sp**s ushered in a new era with a memorable and explosive evening of football

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cruisio

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://static.oleolecdn.com/media/main/images/blogs/images/group1/subgrp31/large_35419.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://static.oleolecdn.com/media/main/ ... _35419.jpg</a>

We needed some of that. He would never of allowed that comeback to happen. He understand what beating them mugs meant

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom