<

PL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | Sunday, 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Aug 25, 2019.

?

What result do you predict?

Poll closed Sep 1, 2019.
  1. Arsenal win

85.6%
  2. Draw

12.0%
  3. Tottenham win

2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Your flair is very outdated at this point :lol:, but I agree.

Mo Britain likes this.
  2. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

On the ground passes, yes...

3. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Really glad to see Ceballos put in another promising performance, felt like people were already suggesting he had a one off good game just because Liverpool steamrolled us.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Btw Kane is a massive ****, he always does it tries to initiate contact and then go down looking for a penalty. Genuinely wish bad things happen to him.

5. Symbia

Symbia Active Member

Don't know the match you watched but Douzi was clearly the best player on the pitch today.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

David doesn't have many fans :facepalm:. I wonder what those pundits watching

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  7. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

if any of our midfielders had even a half decent game, we would have won the game. Laca turned the game around through sheer effort and bloody mindedness, otherwise we were dead and buried. He was the only one who didnt give up.

8. rich 1990

rich 1990 Men's Rights Activist

Why is Alan Smith listening to talksport?

Sapient Hawk and yousif_arsenal like this.
  9. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

You're very special

10. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Think in hindsight, both Hale End boys on the bench can be disappointed that they didn't get one minute of football today v Sp**s.

11. silent_shadow

silent_shadow Well-Known Member

What an irritating game. Could and should've won with the right team selection.

Starting Xhaka. Not starting Cabellos. Not subbing Xhaka. subbing on Mkhi. Not giving Willock anything.

12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Considering how poor Ceballos was against Liverpool I get the decision not to start him. But as the game progressed I felt we really missed a Ramsey. Willock plays something close to what Ramsey gave us so it would've been wise to use him instead of Xhaka.

13. rich 1990

Man Utd vs Liverpool, City, Classico get more hype but pound for pound, over the last decade, this has to be the most entertaining derby in world football.

14. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

That’s the journalist Alan Smith (he’s actually a pretty good one), not the tosspot ex-player of ours who doesn’t understand the offside rule.

15. rich 1990

I didn't give him the permission to use the number 90 so i don't like him either.

16. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk The Reason We're Out of Europe

The hate between the clubs is quite palpable you feel it actually translates to the players on the pitch.

I've always felt some of our players got what it meant but for Sp**s, the only players of theirs who ever thought the NLD meant something are Kane & van der Vaart.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  17. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

I'll forgive you the quibble.....

18. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

Henrikh was dreadful when he came on

We played really well...but that's incidental when leno/xhaka are going to make these individual mistakes

bingobob likes this.
  19. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

What was the logic behind Mikitaryan coming on or even being on the bench?

bingobob likes this.
  20. RandomHero84

RandomHero84 Well-Known Member

Disappointed we didn't gamble with Özil on, but not sure who I'd have taken off. Thought guendouzi was excellent. Really drove forward, showed a great passing range. Very mature.

Torreira didn't look quite right to me. Not the best performance of his. Pepe I have complete confidence in. I really like how he comes out with the ball in such completely unfavourable situations.

Kolasinac kept leaving our centre backs totally unprotected. The space we leave at the back is so shocking sometimes. Watching in the stadium when we don't have the ball, our shape looks all wrong.

Lacazette really is a bit game player. I love seeing him fired up. He seems like he is absolutely intent on dragging us back in to the game, and the timing of the goal was really telling.

First goal conceded was poor from Leno. The second was brainless from xhaka and I'm sick of saying stuff like that.

I feel like overall we deserved to win, but i was constantly fearful of players like son and eriksen vs our haphazard defense. There are few teams that will be able to cause the damage that Liverpool and Sp**s can, so i think we will get top four as the best of the rest. We are a glass cannon. It's enough to fire us to the champions league.

Sapient Hawk, HollandGooner and Jury like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.