• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Bromwich | 16/08/08

RC8

Established Member
westbrom1hi4.gif

Credit to Swish (and Arsenal.com) for the pictures.

Once I get photoshop I'll start making some of these myself, again.

emirates.jpg

James

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v West Brom | 16-08-08 12:45GMT

That is a brilliant image (even if some is taken straight from the OS). Be good to start getting some Form and Stats in there once the season gets under way.

I'm going to this. Very excited, although on the back of tonight's performance, i could very well end up falling asleep in my chair.

Difficult to predict a lineup at this moment, as to not knowing who will return. I expect Nasri will come in if he's fit, although i'm not sure if he would replace Walcott or Ramsey.

I wouldn't be too upset if he remains with the defence, although i can also see Senderos coming back in, despite Djourou's performance today.

James

Established Member

There was something about Emirates also wanting their name in the lettering if we were to do it, and with it not being a Uefa sponsor, they'd have to be covered each CL game. It also looks better that way.

thegame24

Established Member

There should be a cannon logo or the old skool arenal logo that was in the highbury.

It looks to generic.

nidza7

Established Member

someone correct me if I`m wrong,

did Djourou start last year Emirates opener?

Alfonso

Established Member

Dont underestimate WBA. They play good football and are clearly the strongest side to get promoted. Also, 12.45 kick offs we are traditionally lethargic until after the 60th min. We need to start aggressive from kick off, no bs. Wenger better not play the same midfield as tonight. Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea all play after us so we need to win to put them under pressure even though its so early on in the season, but every point counts as we found out last season.

James

Established Member

I'm fairly certain Kolo and Gallas started against Fulham last season.

Taken from a post i made a week ago in the lobby premier league analysis thread: I did go to see West Brom a few times last season as my friend had a spare season ticket on a few occasions. They have strengthened in defense which is always where they needed to. They've also signed Carson which is a fantastic buy for them. In midfield they've got alot of talent. Bednar i can see scoring a few, and if Miller steps up then they could form a very good partnership. They also have Moore of course who has scored goals in the Premiership. If they were to sign Meite (which they have now) and another centre half then i think they have a chance of staying up, and establishing themselves as a Premier League side.

This shouldn't be an easy game. If we start as slowly as we did tonight, then we could find ourselves behind at home yet again. However, i'm still uncertain about their defence. Brunt could cause some problems if he plays, and Bednar isn't bad in the air. We should win though of course, and i imagine by a two goal margin.

dutchMasta

Don't think we have a choice. Song, Diaby, Fabregas and Rosicky will still definitely be out. Nasri's the only chance we have of a better midfield.

Hopefully RVP/Ade can get some form, god knows we need it.

nidza7

Established Member

you`re correct James,I`ve checked it was Toure and Gallas.

other point,

we have to be very careful at opener,2 yrs ago we only get draw vs Villa,and last year RvP scored penalty only after 84min and Hleb 90min after Jens howler put Fulham up.

nazo

Established Member

Is there any reason why this isn't in the match days section? Just curious.

As long as we don't have the midfield we had today i think we should win this.

beck

Established Member

nidza7 said:
someone correct me if I`m wrong,

did Djourou start last year Emirates opener?
no mate he was at birmigham on loan

James

Established Member

bluenaz said:
The match day section is now used to archive the match threads, apparently.

Kain

Established Member

Would also like to reiterate like some of the above posts having watched WBA a fair bit over the past few seasons they are by no means a walk over, they've done a fantastic job under Tony Mowbray and it was no surprise to most that they stormed back upto the Premiership, a crucial part of their attacking efforts came from Kevin Phillips who has since moved on to Brum but they are more then capable of getting goals from elsewhere though the mental toughness will have to be strong in the squad as goals will come nowhere near as easy at this level.

Arsenal have under Wenger generaly started the opening games off well, its always good to get a Home game to start the season with and the attacking style of WBA will most probably be their downfall against Arsenal who can keep possesion for such long periods and create chances at will.

There has been a big shout for Djourou who was among the only players to walk off the pitch after the CL first leg with his head held high, he done the job and has most of the attributes that we seem to lack defensivly ie dealing with areial balls and height so maybe he will get the nod.

Bring on 2008/09, Let it be a good one. :clap

xcdude24

Established Member

Gonna be a tough game, and wouldn't be a surprised if we saw a 2006 villa-esque opener. We're going to need as many fit bodies as possible and it definitely wouldn't hurt if we brought in a midfielder between now and saturday(pipe dream, i know).

number_0

Established Member

A hope we have signed someone by then and will be watching us put a sorry display from the stands by the time of the game, and i hope i do ok in my A-levels.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

Yes! Big time football is back and lets enjoy another season full of great football and an amotional rollercoaster that is Arsenal.
There is no better side to watch but lets win the league now as we were so close

That scrappy win over Twente should give us all some renewed hope but the prem is different ball game but will WBA allow us to play ours?

Season openers especially curtain raisers are always nervy and full of unexpected suprises so lets put up a victory and get the 1st 3 points on board

Have a week off on the Internationals to get more players in and were laughing. I think well get one before next week(INLER) :D

ARSENAL!!!

nazo

Established Member

James said:
bluenaz said:
The match day section is now used to archive the match threads, apparently.

Ah didn't know that. Thanks

lee1001

Established Member

If it going to be the same midfield as today which looks likely i can't see us getting anything more than a draw.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom