• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Bromwich | 16/08/08

nazo

Established Member
Re: Arsenal v West Brom | 16-08-08 12:45GMT

Nasri should be back so that's added creativity. Anyone else confirmed to be back?

thegame24

Established Member

ffs drop eboue and put van persie in midfield with bentdner or vela partnering ade.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

bluenaz said:
Nasri should be back so that's added creativity. Anyone else confirmed to be back?
No one's been confirmed as such, but apart from Nasri, Kolo's expected back and Phil had to have a scan.

DOUBLE-YOU

I don't care how much potential Nasri has, his pre season has been non existent. i wouldn't play him in this game. it has to be eboue and walcott wide.

Cesc maybe injured, so Ramsey may partner Denilson. West Brom is Ramsey's level. so i would be happy starting with the same midfield that started against fc twente.

For the rest of the season i am worried. I have seen too many situation where our midfield players have not shown enough aggression. we look physically weak.

mindchnger

If Nasri is fit, he's definitely going to play. Since we're missing a creative spark in Cesc, I can see Wenger putting Nasri in the middle of the park in place of Ramsey. Other than that, it'll surely be Denilson, Eboue, and Walcott in midfield again.

banduan

Established Member

thegame24 said:
ffs drop eboue and put van persie in midfield with bentdner or vela partnering ade.

gotta agree with ya on that mate. ffs indeed.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Van Persie in midfield is not better than Eboue in midfield actually. Might as well put Vela on the wings

Smartly Dressed Morris

DOUBLE-YOU said:
. I have seen too many situation where our midfield players have not shown enough aggression. we look physically weak.

I agree - the amount of times our players get out muscled is truly shocking.

JazzG

Established Member

This is the type of match we should be using to rack up a healthy goal difference but seeing our current injury situation a win would do!

Lukazan

Established Member

Not sure why anyone thinks this is going to be a walk over, I can see it being a tough game. It's the first game of the season and West Brom will be up for it, they'll want to prove that they belong in the Premiership and that they aren't going to be the Derby/Watford of this season.

The early kick off doesn't help either. I'll take anything at this point aslong as we win.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

And not to mention, we lost the last time when we faced West Brom in the league. It was an away game though

True Gooner

Established Member

No, the last time we faced them we won 2-1, I remember that game because it was Dennis Bergkamp day at Highbury and the man himself came off the bench to score a typical Bergkamp goal.

qs

Established Member

Promoted team always play above themselves on opening day too. This one is going to be very tough. They'll definitely aim to close down our midfield as quickly as possible. van Persie is going to have to drop deep and come get the ball alot.

I'm very worried TBH.

stuart

Established Member

geez lads what the hell are we all over estimating them for? No matter what team we put out it will be better than West Broms!

Lukazan

Established Member

qs said:
van Persie is going to have to drop deep and come get the ball alot.

He does that all the flaming time these days anyway.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member

I'd be more comfortable with Nasri back. And perhaps a Toure return could push Djourou into central midfield. Not ideal, but I think he might be more suited to playing the defensive midfield role than either Ramsey or Denilson. Y'know, seeing as he's said himself it's his preferred position and all...

Jkreffer

Established Member

I would be a lot more comfortable with Djourou in midfield Saturday then I would Ramsey. Just gives the team a more solid look even if Djourou himself has never really played there for us.

algunner

Nasri should be back as Walcott was ineffective on the left flank. Since West Brom are usually an attacking team they will open up more and go at us especially if they fall behind early. If that happens depending on our efficiency, we might see galore of goals (Derby County day for Adebayor) or lost of missed chances with a 2-1 win. It should be an entertaining match since it is the offical PL opening match of the season.

Jkreffer

Established Member

It could happen, but West Brom are infinately more solid then Derby County. Their new attacking brand of football is very much a revolution of last season as in previous years they have been boring, orthodox work horses more likely to break your leg then your back line. I can see us winning by a comfortable scoreline in the end, but as with Twente, the performance may not reflect that.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

We come into this game on the back of what was a very good result despite putting in a dismal performance. Our midfield looked Jaded like yesterday' child and our wingers were quite frankly non existent. The team I would like to see Wenger field would be this one.

-------------Al---------------
Sagna---Toure--Gallas---Clichy
Walcott--Nasri-Denilson/Ramsey--Vela
--------van Persie------------
------------Adebayor----------

However, I expect to see Nasri replacing Eboue or Walcott with the rest of the side remaining unchanged. Whatever said and done, I think we will be too strong. I see a 3-1 or 2-1 win on the horizon.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom