• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Bromwich | 16/08/08

marco

Re: Arsenal v West Brom | 16-08-08 12:45GMT

after all the summer bullshit we have heard from the club about how great our youngsters are... i was seething when walcott got replaced by a centre back wehn we had 4 wingers on the bench!
what a load of nonsense!
so annoying..

loved it when ade got booed for not passing!
i was booing him pre kick off but it didnt catch on..

thegame24

Established Member

Wenger doesnt want to play youngsters, hes scared to do that which is why i still think this bullshit squad is not his choice directly.

Yes he may want youngsters, but not at the expense of so many of the unbeatable team.

atmosphere

Anzac said:
Having said all that - I'd have liked to have seen AW swap players around on the pitch earlier in an attempt to keep our shape & game = Walcott LM, Eboue RM & Nasri in the middle with Denilson.

For me Nasri was the creative influence & intelligent / experienced enough to do the job, but was somewhat wasted on the left when we needed someone to run our game plan.

I was going to post something like this myself. There was 2 occassions that I can think of where Nasri had dropped deep quite centrally and picked out 2 killer passes that cut open the defence. I think had he been playing in a more central and higher up the pitch towards the end of the game then he would've been the difference for us like Cesc so often is. It's clear that the lad has good passing vision.

In this set up, Wenger could've taken Eboue off and replaced him with Vela who would've taken Nasri's place on the left wing. Nasri has said before that he prefers to play just behind the strikers so I'd like to see him given a chance there when Cesc is unavailable.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom