• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | 07/04/07

M+D

Established Member
Rohit said:
Tevez has been brilliant again, the only reason West Ham would stay up, if they do, it will be Tevez.

With all the talk of English grit and determination, the only one i see giving 100% committment in a West Ham shirt week in an week out is Carlos Tevez and he is a c**t too.

I really hope Wenger goes for him.

Send Baptista back to where he came from (Madrid) and sell Reyes for whatever we can get, and buy this bloke. He's really starting to play exceptionally well, and he would be less expensive than the Beast probably if WHU are relegated. he's young, skillful and committed.Yes please Arsène!

KingReyes

Established Member
Looking forward to seeing Tevez play against us. He really has looked the business lately and very much an Arsenal type of player.

We SHOULD have enough to win this game.

kanooo

Thommybhoy said:
Can somebody please reasure me that there is no reason to worry about our 4th place! I'm not sure anymore in anything, disaster just keep on coming every single day.
Our schedule:
H West Ham United
A Newcastle United hard
H Bolton Wanderers hard
H Manchester City
A Tottenham Hotspur hard
H Fulham
H Chesea hard
A Portsmouth hard

Liverpool:
Reading A hard
Manchester City A
Middlesbrough H
Wigan Athletic H
Portsmouth A hard
Fulham A hard
Charlton Athletic H

Bolton:
Shieffield Utd. H
Wigan Ath A
Everton H hard
Arsenal A hard
Reading H hard
Chelsea A hard
West Ham A
Aston Villa H hard

Everton:
Aston Villa A hard
Fulham H
Bolton A hard
Charlton H
West Ham A
Man Utd H hard
Portsmouth H
Chelsea A hard

spuds:
H Reading hard
A Chelsea hard
A Wigan
H Arsenal hard
A Middlesbrough hard
A Charlton
H Blackburn
H Man City

I really hope that Reading and Pompey should not be considered opponents for 4th place. If so we are in HUGE trouble.

If we can find our form, there should be nothing to worry about. It's still in our hands. We're still 5 points above Bolton and it is still a healthy gap.

But we should bounce back soon. West Ham will try their best and they are certainly on form. They play some neat football and I wouldn't want them to get relegated but I do wish they find their survival points elsewhere and not from us.

kanooo

bluenaz said:
And there you go.
Next game vs Arsenal? Check
Have been playing s**t for a while? Check
Started playing like they are possessed by demons right before Arsenal play them? Check

An Arsenal loss.

This kind of thing seems to happen to us everytime. Not only this season but every once in a while, we've seen this scenerio, haven't we? :)

Mostly, it used to happen just before we play Bolton.

Nemesis

I think a 1-0 loss is on the cards with Tevez scoring. I think Cesc needs to be given a rest. This should be our line-up:

Eboue Toure Gallas Clichy

Hleb Diaby Gilberto Rosicky

-------Ade-----Ali

Smartly Dressed Morris

bluenaz said:
And there you go.
Next game vs Arsenal? Check
Have been playing s**t for a while? Check
Started playing like they are possessed by demons right before Arsenal play them? Check

An Arsenal loss.

excellent summary ! Sadly I agree with you.

hujja

Established Member
Let the kids out for a kickabout I say. It's not like the first teamers are doing anyone any favours.

AFCG7

Established Member
Hammers fighting for their Premiership lives..our players not looking like they give a toss. Easy to predict a West Ham win.. somehow i have the drag some optimism from out of the depths to raise hope that we may actually compete in this game and come away with.. a point?

Nutsy

Established Member
A draw would be the most decent result imo. At this rate, hopefully the boys pulls through, As West ham is fighting for everything now and they are on form.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
The circumstances have got a defeat written all over this one going on previous.

I will however be ****ing furious if Arsenal lose twice against these jokers.

And I don't think we will.

Reaction time from the boys hopefully.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
we've never beat them since last season...

3 games, all lost.

i'll even take half a goal at this point.

it doesn't make any sense but so does the whole team (henry and rvp injuries aside)

1-0 to us.

Alfonso

Established Member
bojed said:
we've never beat them since last season...

3 games, all lost.

eh?

We havent beaten them since they got promoted in 2005. Before that i think we drew both games in the 2002/2003. We definately drew the away game(2-2). And im pretty sure the home game was a draw, if im not mistaken.

So i think the last time we beat them was 2001/2002?

Anyway, none of this really matters. We just got to get on with it, and beat them. We have a week to prepare. The players should hopefully be out of holiday mode as we got hammered by Liverpool, and we should be fired up for this one. Bolton and Sp**s got tough games that day, so its a great chance to distance us from the "rivals for fourth spot" and cement our Champions League place.

Lukazan

Established Member
Nah, we killed them at home in 02-03. Henry got a hatrick, a perfect one if I remember correctly.

I hate perfect hatricks. :(

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the one thing that worries me is that now Tevez is getting on a "hot streaK' of sorts.... although, to be fair, he isnt the type of player that gives our defense fits.. its usually the big tall strong ones that give us problems (Crouch, Drogba, etc)... i think as long as TOure recovers from the mare he had against Pool, we will be ok.. but we still have the "notscoring" problem...

nazo

Established Member
The only boost we have before the game is that we're playing at home. Other than that everything is against us. The players need to wake up, and stop feeling sorry for themselves after getting knocked out of all three cups in whatever days.

As for the lineup. I don't want Baptista starting, he is a waste of space.
Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
Hleb-Cesc-Gilberto-Rosicky
-------------------Freddie--------
----------------Ade----------------

I don't care, any of Hleb/Rosicky/Freddie can play in the 2nd striker hole. I prefer Freddie because he actually makes some good runs into the box.

kooldawg

Established Member
bluenaz said:
The only boost we have before the game is that we're playing at home. Other than that everything is against us. The players need to wake up, and stop feeling sorry for themselves after getting knocked out of all three cups in whatever days.

As for the lineup. I don't want Baptista starting, he is a waste of space.
Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Gallas-Clichy
Hleb-Cesc-Gilberto-Rosicky
-------------------Freddie--------
----------------Ade----------------

I don't care, any of Hleb/Rosicky/Freddie can play in the 2nd striker hole. I prefer Freddie because he actually makes some good runs into the box.

Rosicky might be better used in the middle instead of Cesc, time to give him a rest.

I'd go for this midfield:

Hleb-Rosicky-Gilberto-Denilson

With Freddie and Ade up front.

hertyid

curtland said:
I'm not looking forward to Spuds and Magpies away. Those could be ugly.

But given our poor record against you over the past decade, even though we're playing well and you're playing ****, you'll no doubt come away with at least a point. Just the way it goes.

West Ham will be a tough game though. They're playing well at the moment, we were lucky to come back against them and Tevez is causing all kinds of problems. You should have enough to win though, you are at home after all. If it was at Upton Park, it'd be a lot more difficult.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom