• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | 07/04/07

americanarf

Established Member
Off topic but Man U just lost to Pompey 2-1, 3 points the gap and they still got to go the bridge, maybe the title is not in the bag after all.
If man u win the title they will brag about how they beating best Chelsea team to the title
If chelsea win they will brag about doing it 3 times in a row.
Initially i wanted Man U to win it to stop Chelsea's domination but now don't want to put up with the banter in the summer, at least Chelsa bought the title.

Smartly Dressed Morris

cubbz_th14 said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Green had a fantastic game today, not all goalkeepers we will face will perform just as well. We created many chances today that is the main thing. Also our accuracy was good, 15 shots on target? Very good imo. :)

Given, Foster, Howard, Hannehman, Schwarzer amongst others have all played blinders at the Emirates.

Friedel as well

A world class player will beat the keeper , that is just a convenient excuse I'm afraid.

thegame24

Established Member
we cant do this to the proper fans paying **** loads to watch us this season.

yes there are plenty of ****s at emirates but plenty of proper fans too

americanarf

Established Member
famous no 10 said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I can't believe the amount of mid-table teams we've failed to beat this season.

...or relegation candidates.

west ham X 2 (lost) :shock:
sheffield lost :shock:
fulham lost :shock:
villa drew
man city lost :shock:
everton X 2 (drew and lost) :shock:
middlesborough X 2 (drew)
pomepy (drew)
et cetera ...

phenn

It's easy for a keeper to have a world class game against you when you're putting it where they can get it. We're making keepers look good, not getting that unlucky.

Realistically we're going to have to sacrifice some of the linkup play to get players that can shoot the ball where the keeper can't get it if we want to win anything. You'd think the guys we have now could do it, but the goal returns tell a different story.

Mr Wolf

I'm not against foreign and particularly French players, but enough is enough. Baptista and Aliadiere have been (like always) crap whereas our former David Bentley is having a great season at Blackburn. But he's English, so he can't play for Arsenal. Andy Johnson is twice better than Baptista but he has the same problem, an original sin to expiate. We have come back to display our passing flowing football but without Thierry and RVP, with the sole Ade in the attacking line, we could play for two days without making a goal.

asajoseph

Established Member
otfgoon said:
asajoseph said:
The thing that makes it all the worse is that I just somehow think Wenger feels that all he has to do is wait, and the team will come good in the end - it's just so hard to envisage him shaking things up at the moment, and doesn't create much of an optimistic atmosphere.

Ok, you could argue that in the summer he can sign players to solve this problem, what can he do now? Thats what I find depressing more than anything, its the fact that there is no foreseeable solution.

I said it somewhere else, but I think Arsène played the right formation, the right players, and got the tactics about right today - I really don't see what else he could have done.

The problem is a bigger one, possibly down to mid-/long-term strategic errors, and, on a game to game basis, I just don't see what we can do to sort it out, beyond hoping for a little more luck.

otfgoon

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
I'm not against foreign and particularly French players, but enough is enough. Baptista and Aliadiere have been (like always) crap where as out former David Bentley is having agreat season at Blackburn. But he's English, so he can't play for Arsenal. Andy Johnson is twice better than Baptista but he has the same problem, an original sin to expiate. We have coem back to display our passing flowing football but without Thierry and RVP, with the sole Ade in the attacking line, we could play for two days without making a goal.

I've seen a lot of crap posted in this forum over the past year, but this is undoubtably the worst :)

otfgoon

Established Member
asajoseph said:
otfgoon said:
asajoseph said:
The thing that makes it all the worse is that I just somehow think Wenger feels that all he has to do is wait, and the team will come good in the end - it's just so hard to envisage him shaking things up at the moment, and doesn't create much of an optimistic atmosphere.

Ok, you could argue that in the summer he can sign players to solve this problem, what can he do now? Thats what I find depressing more than anything, its the fact that there is no foreseeable solution.

I said it somewhere else, but I think Arsène played the right formation, the right players, and got the tactics about right today - I really don't see what else he could have done.

The problem is a bigger one, possibly down to mid-/long-term strategic errors, and, on a game to game basis, I just don't see what we can do to sort it out, beyond hoping for a little more luck.

One thing I will say is we often let things become issues.

Losing to United after a phyisical battle and we let that become a problem. And we didnt take that defeat well in general either. There are loads of other things but I think not being able to convert chances is the latest.

You look at United and Chelsea and they generally take things in their stride.

naijagooner

It's bad enough that we lost despite the loads of chances, but must we all rub it in , nay, grind it in. Everybody feels bad right now, some have even lost their heads, but let's move on from here and see what else we can salvage from the season.

RC8

Established Member
Mr Wolf said:
I'm not against foreign and particularly French players, but enough is enough. Baptista and Aliadiere have been (like always) crap whereas our former David Bentley is having a great season at Blackburn. But he's English, so he can't play for Arsenal. Andy Johnson is twice better than Baptista but he has the same problem, an original sin to expiate. We have come back to display our passing flowing football but without Thierry and RVP, with the sole Ade in the attacking line, we could play for two days without making a goal.

You got it all wrong unless you are trying to be funny.

Bentley left because he wasn't in the first team, and Andy Johnson would cost about 15-10 million pounds. None of them would be here even if they were French, Spanish, etc. If an English player wants to be a back up then he is perfectly free to do so, as Hoyte and Cole have shown.

JazzG

Established Member
Nothing wrong with the performance today, we battered them senseless but like it has been pointed out many times this season we don't have a killer instinct infront of goal and a lack of genuine goalscorers as well makes things worse.

famous no 10

Established Member
JazzG said:
Nothing wrong with the performance today, we battered them senseless but like it has been pointed out many times this season we don't have a killer instinct infront of goal and a lack of genuine goalscorers as well makes things worse.

I wonder what it's really like, you know, to be a professional player in the pl, missing every ****ing chance you get?

I mean, sometimes, as **** as I am at football, I'm sure if I stood around near the box long enough even I would bang in as many as, say, Cesc.

JazzG

Established Member
The confidence in the team is rock bottom right now, despite that we grabbed this game by the bollocks and were all over West Ham. They will never get hammered (excuse the pun hehe) so hard and come out with a win, I guarantee you that but that said only a team like Arsenal can dish out such a thrashing and lose the fecking match!

There is a real goal scoring problem in this team, I'm just about to make a post in another thread about it as well but it is something that seriously needs to be addressed. IMO we need at minimum another proper goal scoring midfielder before we think about becoming title contenders. With goal scoring you either have the art or not. Look at Romario, the most laziest **** you will ever find but that guy would score even if you blind folded him. Then there are players like Hleb and Cesc who dont look like scoring even if you blindfold the goalkeeper!

IBL

Established Member
I was at the game today and I'm still in shock right now, how can one team dominate like that and NOT score?! Some of these guys can pass with unerring accuracy around the pitch but are somehow unable to pass it into the net when put clean through, I jokingly said to my mate that we need to put some players behind the goal so that our players have something to aim for!

After we missed a hat-ful of chances in the first half I pretty much knew what the story was going to be, I told my mate that West Ham would get one chance and they'll score....lo and behold, injury time in first half, a half chance falls to Zamora and and tucks it away with aplomb.

As the second half I wore on and we kept missing chances I reminded my friend that we'd gone many times behind at the emirates before equalising and that one day we wouldnt get the equaliser - and today proved to be that day.

We created chances for fun against a hapless West Ham team, but it all counts for nothing if we can convert any of the 15-20 chances we created - how can we be so collectively impotent in front of goal?!?! it baffles me completely.

Hleb was next to useless, he was responsible for presenting the opposition with ball the most of amount of times, trul awful performance by him. Rosicky was unfortunate because on any other day he would have had two assists, but still could have done more. Cesc has completely gone, he's a shadow of himself and opposition players know how to stifle his game. Gilberto was one of our better players yet again, unlucky not to score. Fredy and Ade were our best attacking players, both dug in deep and ran at the opposition, both unlucky not to score.

Wenger should have made the subs earlier, not sure why it took so long to get Diaby on, we could have done with his directness. When Gilberto hit the post late on you knew we werent going to score. Spanners fan taunting us by saying "we've only had one shot"....f'cking disgraceful

j'nuh

RC8 said:
Mr Wolf said:

You got it all wrong unless you are trying to be funny.

Bentley left because he wasn't in the first team, and Andy Johnson would cost about 15-10 million pounds. None of them would be here even if they were French, Spanish, etc. If an English player wants to be a back up then he is perfectly free to do so, as Hoyte and Cole have shown.

Bentley is also horrendusly overrated because he scores good goals every now and again.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I said before the game I couldnt see where our goals were going to come from, but I didnt think things were as bad in front of goal as today showed.

Pathetic and a disgrace.

It would be funny if there wasnt now a very serous chance that we wont finish in the top four.

thegame24

Established Member
what pisses me off is that finishing is not difficult at all, at football i always found it the easiest thing to do, as well as passing and crossing.

just dont understand what our players are playing at.

just play that damn oaf of a beast along with three other strikers.

our players are puney, its not that they are short, they are puney and weak and cannot handle 90 minutes of premier league.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom