• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | 07/04/07

henry79

we were poor today I dont know what else to say about our performance just pretty crap to be honest. the 30 so called chances canot be called chances we only had 1-2 really good chances and green had to make great saves. the other were hopless shots/ poor finishing what do thses players do in training I know they can pass the ball why dont they stay behind in training and have a few shots at goal!!!!!

our corners are dreadfull next time when we have a corner why dont we just give it to the opposition for a goal kick cause to be honest we dont look like a threat when we take them. I had to laugh when wenger said just before the PSV game we practse corners what were we doing before that :shock:.

when opposition put 10 men behind the ball we canot open them up no matter what we do thats our main porblem, we have to find a way and I am afraid we havent we are still playing like the first game of the leaugue against aston villa. its the same old story.

why did wenger play with 451 they were defending anyway!!!! he playerd 442 at anfield when he should have played with 451 andtoday it was the opposite I really dont understand what wenger was thinking.

Two players in the team need a rest cause they were poor for the last couple of games toure and fabregas.I would play djourou and diaby instead.
hleb is poor but have we got anyone to replace him with the answer is no cause ljunberg is worse than him

I dont want to see baptista near our team why did wenger bring him on he is hopless is not like he was going to do something gilberto was better then him in an attacking sense and he was our defesive midfielder that tells you all the story.

In defence we lack the positional sense except for gallas he was good today.the rest were not up to the standard unless we start defending properly and dont lose concentration we will always concede silly goals.

really really gutted we lost our unbeaten run at the emirates,knew it would end one day but didnt think it was going to be to west ham who reading put 6 past them!!!!!! unbelievable

Viper

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
I said before the game I couldnt see where our goals were going to come from, but I didnt think things were as bad in front of goal as today showed.

Pathetic and a disgrace.

It would be funny if there wasnt now a very serous chance that we wont finish in the top four.
The positives: Someday we will finish those 100 chances we create.

Biggus

Established Member
asajoseph said:
otfgoon said:
asajoseph said:
The thing that makes it all the worse is that I just somehow think Wenger feels that all he has to do is wait, and the team will come good in the end - it's just so hard to envisage him shaking things up at the moment, and doesn't create much of an optimistic atmosphere.

Ok, you could argue that in the summer he can sign players to solve this problem, what can he do now? Thats what I find depressing more than anything, its the fact that there is no foreseeable solution.

I said it somewhere else, but I think Arsène played the right formation, the right players, and got the tactics about right today - I really don't see what else he could have done.

The problem is a bigger one, possibly down to mid-/long-term strategic errors, and, on a game to game basis, I just don't see what we can do to sort it out, beyond hoping for a little more luck.

I've been saying that for a while now Asa, but I'm sure everyone has seen it coming for a month.....Its not a given that everything will be alright in a year or two. Time moves on- things change- nothing is sure. You must always take what you can get now.
I know Arsenes hands are tied at the moment with injuries, but the balance is all wrong....too many over technical players- not enough (any?) heavy lifters. And lets face it- would Arsène change it if he could?
So now its clear.... whats it worth, all the fancy footwork, beautiful build up, all the wonderful stats........0

otfgoon

Established Member
thegame24 said:
our players are puney, its not that they are short, they are puney and weak and cannot handle 90 minutes of premier league.

How on earth is that relevant to missing chances?

thegame24

Established Member
didnt score today did we, havnt scored as much as the top two have we, havnt scored as much as other arsenal teams.

half those games goals were scored by strong players.

otfgoon

Established Member
thegame24 said:
didnt score today did we, havnt scored as much as the top two have we, havnt scored as much as other arsenal teams.

Oh I see, you're drunk.

No one talks this much bollox when sober.

wowwow.

toure is the problem if you ask me, he has been for too long long hiding behind his pace we need someone who positional play does not catch him out as it does toure, today being another prme example.

let the mudslinging begin!!!

thegame24

Established Member
otfgoon said:
thegame24 said:

Oh I see, you're drunk.

if you dont see a difference in our team then you are crazy.

this is one of the worst scoring seasons we have had, its no coincedence the players are a bunch of panzies

dos1986

Established Member
otfgoon said:
thegame24 said:

Oh I see, you're drunk.

Game is english your native language?

invisibleman18

Established Member
The most depressing thing for me is not so much the pathetic performances and the losses or the fact that in all likelihood it's UEFA Cup football next season now, but the fact that you just know Wenger is going to do **** all about it in the summer in terms of bringing anyone and seriously sorting out the problems in this squad. We are going to start next season with entirely the same squad, with perhaps Reyes back and Baptista gone, and a 1 or 2 or new 18 year old African midfielders.
Summer could be more of a disaster than the season IMO.
We still won't have a clue what to do when it comes to corners, and we still won't be able to hit the barn door from inside the barn.

*Note: Possibly over the top negative and pissed off post after waking up to find out the inevitable. May not be taken too seriously.

go49oner

Established Member
wowwow. said:
toure is the problem if you ask me, he has been for too long long hiding behind his pace we need someone who positional play does not catch him out as it does toure, today being another prme example.

let the mudslinging begin!!!

interesting point .Haven't seen today's game due to work commitment (2nd game I missed all season), but from the highlights he looked fault for the goal and the few chances West ham made. He also was fault for at least 2 of the goals Liverpool scored last weekend, and his form is starting to worry me wee bit.

thegame24

Established Member
the guy is burnt out and the whole team moral is down and out.

wenger needs to take them all out again to bond.

also hes lost the experience of campbell and cole.

Viper

Established Member
thegame24 said:
tired legs, as game goes on less likely to score

no balls
zzzzzz.

No. What the **** has tired legs got to do with the inability of missing clearcut chances?

We could've been 4-0 up by the first 30 mins.

marco

To be honest cant be arsed listening to the same old excuses time after time.
we are so far away from top teams its unreal!
no one can finish and thats the most important part.

only 2 players in that team care lehmann and gallas.. no one else..
toure can clap his hands and jump around but when push comes to shove he falls asleep and lets zamora through!

we arent good enough and cant see anything changing...

its not bad luck anymore its pure and utter bollocks and lack of preparation

Alfonso

Established Member
marco said:
lack of preparation

Spot on. How much attention to detail does Wenger give for each match? Does he and his coaching staff know the oppositions strengths and weaknesses inside out? Do they have portfolios on the opposition like Chelsea do? I doubt it.

Anyway, when a team does not know the basics of football, e.g. finishing, crossing, and defending from set pieces, it will always stuggle.Also have no signs of learning from their mistakes.

You can play all the fancy stuff you want, but you must not ignore the basics. This is neglence from the manager. Last week i said i was worried about Sp**s catching us up. Our next two games are massive now. We are in freefall, but i dont care, by hook or by crook, even if we have to kill ourselfs, we are going to get fourth place. 5th place is not an option.

2004-Undefeated, Champions of England.
2007-Bolton's main challengers.

You can only laugh.

Tony Montana

Established Member
1971- League title and FA cup double
1976- We finished 17th in the league, just above relegation

1991- League title
1995- 12th in the table

I don't think either of those facts were funny

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom