• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Wolves | November 11th | KO: 16:30 GMT|

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Just watched the highlights. Awful stuff from us, but it's really nothing new tbh. It was only a matter of time when we drop points at home with the way we've been playing, especially the first halves of the games. Watford, West Ham and Everton could've all snatched points from us had they taken their chances. His time we weren't so lucky, although we easily could've lost so perhaps even the point is a bit lucky. Sure, we did create a few chances on the second half ourselves but playing only half of each game is going to cost us big time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This thread. Don’t know what people are expecting. There are no easy games in the EPL. Emery hasn’t lost a match since the opening two games. 5th in the league ahead of United. Didn’t lose to Liverpool. All in his first season.

To me he looks to be Wengeresque in his tactics and treatment of the players. Well pleased with him. He’s meticulous to a fault and not afraid to make big decisions in the game.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United have spent a lot more than us ffs.

Preacher

Always Crying
Watched Adrian's breakdown:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/why-we-struggled-against-wolves-vice-grip

I didn't notice myself while watching the game, that Emery used 3 formations through the match.

We started with 4-2-3-1, then after half-time Guendouzi replaced Iwobi and formation became 4-3-1-2. After Kolasinac was subbed off and Xhaka became LB, formation was 4-2-2-2.

Looking at touches map Aubameyang was more involved when he was playing on the left. After the break, he was invisible bar that 100% chance.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
This thread. Don’t know what people are expecting. There are no easy games in the EPL. Emery hasn’t lost a match since the opening two games. 5th in the league ahead of United. Didn’t lose to Liverpool. All in his first season.

To me he looks to be Wengeresque in his tactics and treatment of the players. Well pleased with him. He’s meticulous to a fault and not afraid to make big decisions in the game.

City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United have spent a lot more than us ffs.
I'm sorry but he's taking the piss.

ptrcopp

Just watched the highlights. Awful stuff from us, but it's really nothing new tbh. It was only a matter of time when we drop points at home with the way we've been playing, especially the first halves of the games. Watford, West Ham and Everton could've all snatched points from us had they taken their chances. His time we weren't so lucky, although we easily could've lost so perhaps even the point is a bit lucky. Sure, we did create a few chances on the second half ourselves but playing only half of each game is going to cost us big time.

The difference was against those teams they could have taken stuff off from us ina both a 30 min period of the first half. It was the other was around against wolves.
And we were lucky. We got a draw from a goal from a cross

ptrcopp

We had a greater probability of winning certainly.

Correct me if I am wrong but your position seems to be:
Squad cost is one of the main factors of teams performance. It is a probability factor within games, so that the higher the squad cost the more likely that team will win.
Just like with any other probability, over a longer period of plays, it will even itself out. So after 38 games you expect the table to be roughly the same as the descending squad cost lot. Just like you can have 5 runs of heads on a coin toss, but each time is still 50-50 and the more tosses you have the more even it will be.
Therefore, one can see if teams have over or under achieved if they are significantly above or below their position in relation to their squad cost at the end of the season.

To characature that as many people on here do is a little immature

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Squad cost is one of the main factors of teams performance. It is a probability factor within games, so that the higher the squad cost the more likely that team will win.
Just like with any other probability, over a longer period of plays, it will even itself out. So after 38 games you expect the table to be roughly the same as the descending squad cost lot. Just like you can have 5 runs of heads on a coin toss, but each time is still 50-50 and the more tosses you have the more even it will be.
Therefore, one can see if teams have over or under achieved if they are significantly above or below their position in relation to their squad cost at the end of the season.

Cheers mate.

Jeez, you put that so well, I’m probably just really bad at explaining stuff.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

That is why it is so disappointing that Spuds, spending a lot less than us, have now finished above us for two years in succession - one might be a fluke - and are currently ahead of us again.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Watched Adrian's breakdown:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/why-we-struggled-against-wolves-vice-grip

I didn't notice myself while watching the game, that Emery used 3 formations through the match.

We started with 4-2-3-1, then after half-time Guendouzi replaced Iwobi and formation became 4-3-1-2. After Kolasinac was subbed off and Xhaka became LB, formation was 4-2-2-2.

Looking at touches map Aubameyang was more involved when he was playing on the left. After the break, he was invisible bar that 100% chance.

Spot on for Emery to change formations.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That is why it is so disappointing that Spuds, spending a lot less than us, have now finished above us for two years in succession - one might be a fluke - and are currently ahead of us again.
We all know they were very lucky to get a striker as prolific for so little money. The holy grail of football to find a 4 times loanee that could be the EPLs top scorer.

It enables Sp**s to compete above their squad cost for sure. Wenger was smashed over head with that fact, let’s not do the same to Emery.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We all know they were very lucky to get a striker as prolific for so little money. The holy grail of football to find a 4 times loanee that could be the EPLs top scorer.

It enables Sp**s to compete above their squad cost for sure. Wenger was smashed over head with that fact, let’s not do the same to Emery.
Emery will have more chances to buck the squad cost trend because our squad cost will go down now that Sauron has taken us into the darkness.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Emery will have more chances to buck the squad cost trend because our squad cost will go down now that Sauron has taken us into the darkness.
Would that be the hunting, shooting and Walmart owning Sauron?

You can only buck the squad cost trend temporarily, it draws you back like a magnet.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

They were not lucky, they've done the same with so many players. They had better coaching, better scouting, better academies, better first-team management and spent wisely, that's all there is to it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

They were not lucky, they've done the same with so many players. They had better coaching, better scouting, better academies, better first-team management and spent wisely, that's all there is to it.
They have a very good setup, I’ll agree.

But be honest here, Kane was EPL leading goal scorer for two years running 15/16 and 16/17 and in 14/15 and 17/18 he was 2nd . . . you won’t find another striker that featured so consistently for 4 years running like that in the history of the prem, let alone one that cost nothing. It’s what every club dreams of.

Let’s agree it’s part luck at least. ;)

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
They have a very good setup, I’ll agree.

But be honest here, Kane was EPL leading goal scorer for two years running 15/16 and 16/17 and in 14/15 and 17/18 he was 2nd . . . you won’t find another striker that featured so consistently for 4 years running like that in the history of the prem, let alone one that cost nothing. It’s what every club dreams of.

Let’s agree it’s part luck at least. ;)
Ever heard of a guy called Thierry Henry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom