• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/01/07

Meek

YuenBiaoFan said:
Cesc taking the piss for the last 5 minutes after sticking his tongue out at one of the c**nts :lol:

that was awesome. that little tussle with emerton as well was pretty funny. i hope he is ok for the manutd match.

sparky44

RockyRocastle said:
Great to watch yesterday, great spirit and still played our game with 10 men. Rosicky, Hleb and Cesc are really starting to hit form now. I love Cesc in a very unhealthy way, his arrogance at the end was fantastic. If I was able I really would have his kids.

Not if I can help it! The babies are mine!

Captain

Established Member
Meek said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
Cesc taking the piss for the last 5 minutes after sticking his tongue out at one of the c**nts :lol:

that was awesome. that little tussle with emerton as well was pretty funny. i hope he is ok for the manutd match.

Someone's gonna break his jaw soon.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Meek said:
i cannot believe savage didnt get a red either. he clearly hacked gilberto from behind, went in swinging with his arm and did a little kick on gilberto. surely that equates to a red as well. not to mention that idiot neill who should have walked as well.

the referee was clearly influenced by the ewood park crowd last night. Much like the ref against sheff utd. He acted as if he was the star of the show and both savage and neill should have seen red as well as gilberto.

It wasnt the fact that savage fouled him that bothered me. There was two parts to it. First he fouled him then attacked him after the ball had gone. The only problem was he atacked him with his legs so he could simply say he didnt hear the whistle. EVERY single team we play foul us constantly away from home. We should bring an extra pair of shin pads for the back of the players legs for ****s sake.

The referee's arent tough enough. You get a red for retalliating yet if you go into someone from behind at times you get away with it. Wheres the consistency there?

The referee's association need to take a look at themselves because at times last night and in a few other games this season the referees have been poor.

number_0

Established Member
i am glad todays wake up call wasnt an early goal, it took a red card to wake up the players rom their arses and start playing seriously

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the thing is, Savage's foul was by no means a red card.. the little knee to the back on his way down is what brought on his yellow.. Gilberto's response, while understandable, was wrong as well... you retaliate with a kick at someone's legs, it is a red card... I completely understand the whole decision...

however, what i cannot fathom is Styles' double standards on "letter of the law"... if that was the case, Neill would have been sent off for bringing down van Persie as he was going by him... the other defenders weren't within 10+ yards of RvP and he would have been in alone on goal... that's called "last man"... which is an automatic red card...

we all think Styles is a plonker, but my belief is that he is a plonker for not calling it even, not for his decision about Bert...

jester

Established Member
US; i think the ref has more to answer to about the challenge on cesc, it was very late and we all knew what Tugay was trying to do.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think you are correct as well.. that was also a fairly bad foul.. we are lucky Cesc wasnt seriously injured on the play...

jester

Established Member
the F.A have their priorities all wrong. A red for gilberto when he was being kicked and a yellow for an unprovoked dangerous lunge on cesc.
Ban vicious tackles, vicious players, dont ban players that respond to the vicious tackles. You stop the first one, you prevent the second.
I'm really quite angry about the whole thing, i thought with the banning of Ben Thatcher maybe this year the f.a is going to clamp down on tackles that aim to injure. Maybe not.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
I said after the Sheff Utd game that the players needed to have a good look at themselves and it looks they have.

Great to watch yesterday, great spirit and still played our game with 10 men. Rosicky, Hleb and Cesc are really starting to hit form now. I love Cesc in a very unhealthy way, his arrogance at the end was fantastic. If I was able I really would have his kids.

Going to miss Gilberto, effectively missing four games for a nothing little flick is a joke. Savage needs a good kicking, the c**t.

Any of the Irish on here go yesterday? The Fernhurst was full of them, all bladdered. Loads of northern monkeys in our end aswell, I had a typical one behind me, flat cap and beard etc and a stupid thick accent. Grassed me to a stweard for standing but thankfully nothing happened. He didnt come back for the second half.

:shock:

marco

Absolutely brilliant result.
ten men for that long against a team like that who kicked fouled etc etc is unreal.

i have slated big phil and hleb in the past so credit where credit is due they both were excellent and clichy looks better and better every game...

just dont start me on fabregas he is fantastic what a player what a man shame that dirt bag tugay wasnt sent off for trying to kick him to ****...
hope he is fit for next week!

Rob styles is a joke how emerton can hand ball, tugay kick, neill foul, bodychecks elbows everything but we took it and beat them
what resilience...
over 3000 gooners up there as well loads of northern gooners behind me in the upper tier...
bring on united!!!!

nazo

Established Member
Rosicky was our mini-Gattuso yesterday (someone said it before in the thread i think).

He was running around, challenging players everywhere and even providing some great passes to Henry/Robin. It was a great performance from him.

Gurgen

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
jester said:
I prefere him dancing to his 'walking slowly without showing emotion on my face'. It used to drive me crazy. Although give me a 'run the length of the pitch alla Sp**s' anyday.

He did that walk yesterday. I love it. My liverpool mate always goes on about it. He thinks it's funny. Although you're right, the running the length of the pitch celebration is better.

I love that walk too. Call it arrogance if you will, it's still ace, though I prefer the sliding on the knees celebration.

Like Rocky loves Cesc in an unhealthy way, I love Thierry in an unhealthy way. Nothing makes my day like a Henry goal and celebration like that. The man is a demi-god and anyone who can't appreciate the beauty of those celebrations is a hater.

Alfonso

Established Member
Henry's top 5 celebrations imo:

1) v Sp**s at home 2006. Pure emotion. Unbelviable.
2)v Sp**s at home in 2002, running all the way across the pitch to the Sp**s fans, and just looking at them. http://www.arsenal.com/images/h/henry16112002.jpg
3)v Man City at home when he taunted Danny Mills.
4)v Inter Milan away. 'Who's the daddy' celebration. Class.
5)v Juventus at home in 2006. 'Yes, yes, yes'. Pure chest pumping adrenaline.

It is such a shame Henry didnt score against Barca when we we were 1-0 up(the one on one against Valdes), because then i think we would have seen the best Thierry Henry celebration of them all. Hopefully he can save it for Athens..:wink:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Alfonso said:
Henry's top 5 celebrations imo:

1) v Sp**s at home 2006. Pure emotion. Unbelviable.
2)v Sp**s at home in 2002, running all the way across the pitch to the Sp**s fans, and just looking at them. http://www.arsenal.com/images/h/henry16112002.jpg
3)v Man City at home when he taunted Danny Mills.
4)v Inter Milan away. 'Who's the daddy' celebration. Class.
5)v Juventus at home in 2006. 'Yes, yes, yes'. Pure chest pumping adrenaline.

It is such a shame Henry didnt score against Barca when we we were 1-0 up(the one on one against Valdes), because then i think we would have seen the best Thierry Henry celebration of them all. Hopefully he can save it for Athens..:wink:
He is he told me :D

Alfonso

Established Member
btw, Adebayor and Henry is the best male bonding partnership ive seen since John Belusi and Dan Aykroyd in The Blues Brothers.

It's funny, because 6 months ago Henry didnt seem that freindly with Ade. Maybe Henry rates him cos of the Akon video. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom