• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/01/07

Captain

Established Member
It's apparently a celebration that Adebayor has persuaded all of the players to do when they score.

ronitc

the celebration is a bit silly, and henry's look right after he scored showed no humility what so ever, but then again he had just scored a fantastic goal.

i'd rather he just have congratulated and hugged cesc for running 80 yards, finding space twice, then giving him the perfectly weighted ball than go dance with ade.

Gurgen

Established Member
Oh balls.

When you score a goal like that you enjoy the moment, because you won't score many like it. No time for humility.

Rocafella

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Oh balls.

When you score a goal like that you enjoy the moment, because you won't score many like it. No time for humility.

Unless you're in the class of Thierry Henry, who's scored a Premiership top scorer's worth of fantastic goals and then some.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Henry looked like he was trying as hard as hell to keep looking 'composed' as he ran over to the Gooners.

You could see he wanted to scream his head off after that, y'know like trying to supress a laugh.

The dancing IS getting tired though :eek:ops:

Rocafella

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Henry looked like he was trying as hard as hell to keep looking 'composed' as he ran over to the Gooners.

You could see he wanted to scream his head off after that, y'know like trying to supress a laugh.

The dancing IS getting tired though :eek:ops:

Not as tiring as the Peter Crouch robot during the WC. Jesus christ it's even his goal celebration on Fifa 07 on Xbox.

Kenyonhater

Found this on glory-glory.net:-

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:11 am Post subject: The Sp**s Way - a proud tradition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not often I start a thread but watching our beloved Sp**s unluckily lose today triggered off a few thoughts ive had previously watching us.
Now, we are a club with a glorious tradition, and we have simply relished watching the likes of Glenn Hoddle, Chris Waddle, Osvaldo Ardiles, Ricky Villa, Gazza, Lineker, Micky Hazard (!) , David Ginola, Jurgen Klinsmann and many many more fantastically gifted footballers of their era (never came close to a title with that lot, though, did you?). So we are well within our rights when we claim to be one of the finest British clubs (ha,ha,ha!) who expect a certain flair and panache whenever our glory boys step out on to the hallowed turf at the Lane. (1961 was FORTY-SIX years ago, my friend!)
Today I think we witnessed several glimpses, particularly going forward of this fantastic tradition our club is enriched with, with dummies, first time passes, flicks around the corner, great understanding with one another (**** defending, complacency when in the lead, laughable arrogance and expectancy amongst the supporters...). But a painful defeat followed (surely you're used to that by now) and im sure as with the rest of you i felt a terrible pain at a defeat I could barely believe (believe it, mate). As much as this great club has and continues to give us, I cannot help but feel we continue to tirelessly drown in a sea of mediocrity (halle-f**king-lulah!!).
I think the one factor that now hits me more than any other is the success of our "much loved" north london neighbours. Over the past decade the man at the helm over there has introduced a certain sense of gallic flair which has to much the neutral been a sheer joy to watch. I never remembered an Arse*** team reknowned for a better style of attacking play than us. This hurts terribly to admit (but admit to it you must, you f**ker!).
You have to ask yourself just how far off them are we? today sure we looked good going forward at times and our boys showed sum flair and a comfort on the ball. But matched with the Arse*** performance yesterday away to blackburn I see a huge gap between the quality of the 2 sides (er, yes- that's why we've won seven major trophies, gone an entire season unbeaten in the league and reached a Champions League final in the last nine years and you've done F**K ALL!). In particular I feel the tone and tempo of the team is set right at the very back.

Now this was touched on during a game of ours in europe and how the european teams tend to back off and give us so much room to calmly bring the ball out from the bak and pick a pass so easily. almost subutteo football id call it. However we all know this luxury is ill afforded in the prem where we are hussled and harried at every given opportunity. My point is especially without the brilliant Ledley King, Sp**s continue in a spiral whereby we are lumping the ball upfield giving the ball away so cheaply every time. Our centre backs today daws and davenport distinctly lacked the confidence to bring the ball out any what comfortably instead opting to send it back to robbo who in true robbo style gave the ball a huge wallopping downfield into the much appreciated possession of the barcodes. this pattern continued for much of the first half once they got their goal and it only gave them the confidence to feel they can grow and get something from their game.

I never see toure, senderos, gallas, or djorou lauch it long this way and as a result we see them dominate huge spells of possession. If we want to step up we must stop this amateurish approach. This is also a critiscm of our midfielders too as theshud be dropping off to recieve the ball and distribute it out. Its all about confidence in each others ability. we've shown we have players who do love the ball and can play with it, surely Jol now has the responsibility of coaching the lads to believe in this a little more. This is the way we as a real passing team should play. And i am truly sorry to say we have so much to learn from our stupid north london neighbours ( if you have to learn from someone who's stupid then you've really got problems...).

COYS... we still have so much to play for... beat Cardiff, then beat southend or barnsley and thats 5th round in the FA Cup, wallop those scumbags in the semi's in the carling cup and then bring home the uefa cup. We can always look at seuring champs league footy next year now

Oh, f**ck me! Classic delusional Sp**s nonsense. Still living in the not-so-glorious past, desperately hoping that they can outclass us but shocked to find that we've been streets ahead of them for TEN F**KING YEARS.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
'beat Cardiff, then beat southend or barnsley'

****s have had the jamiiest run of cup draws I've seen for a long time.

air

I was surprised as well to see three midfielders and two strikers stay on, but it was the right decision as the game proved. Those five guys have great skill and movement and that's why we controlled the game. They also defended well as a unit.

And two goals from pretty harmless-looking situations is well done too.

You're all spot on with the referee I think, it's too bad when you push someone with your little finger you won't injure him but you get sent off. Then you lunge any way you want as long as the ball is close, and you might get a yellow if you injure the player.

vin de guerre

I finally saw the goals from Blackburn and have to say that Cesc handed the ball to Titi on a silver platter for his super goal. This was a "no-brainer" goal for Titi, where everything was set up so perfectly with the right weight, the right timing that Titi did not need to change stride at all and just swung the leg. I take my hat off to a true midfielding genius!

Christofaux

vin de guerre said:
I finally saw the goals from Blackburn and have to say that Cesc handed the ball to Titi on a silver platter for his super goal. This was a "no-brainer" goal for Titi, where everything was set up so perfectly with the right weight, the right timing that Titi did not need to change stride at all and just swung the leg. I take my hat off to a true midfielding genius!

Too much credit to cesc there i reckon. He just followed thierry's intelligent run and made the pass that a premier league midfielder should make.

vin de guerre

Christofaux said:
vin de guerre said:

Too much credit to cesc there i reckon. He just followed thierry's intelligent run and made the pass that a premier league midfielder should make.

Give credit where credit is due!
In this case there is not enough credit to go around :!:

asajoseph

Established Member
Hard not to be delighted with how the team pulled that out of the fire - Blackburn are a mediocre team, but on good form, and also 'on paper', the sort of team we should struggle against even with XI men, let alone without our midfield enforcer. It was a great all-round team performance too, and adventurously managed by Wenger - 4 months ago, Arsène would probably have played 4-5-1 in this fixture from the start, but on Saturday we played most of the match as a 4-3-2, even with a man sent off - that's the sort of bravado I like to see.

A lot of what was positive about the match has already been said by others, so no need for me to repeat it. But one thing I think has gone un-noticed was that RVP and Henry showed some really positive signs of linking up well, despite the fact our midfield was under-manned. They played some nice passes between each other, and had they had slightly better touches on occasions, could have set each other up for two or three more goals.

Jameel46

Established Member
considering we only had 10-men for most of the match i have to say that it was a very good performance from the players, but i feel sorry for both Baptista and Aliadiere for not being involved in this match after being magnificent against Liverpool

Timleaf

Established Member
Kenyonhater said:
Found this on glory-glory.net:-

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:11 am Post subject: The Sp**s Way - a proud tradition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not often I start a thread but watching our beloved Sp**s unluckily lose today triggered off a few thoughts ive had previously watching us.
Now, we are a club with a glorious tradition, and we have simply relished watching the likes of Glenn Hoddle, Chris Waddle, Osvaldo Ardiles, Ricky Villa, Gazza, Lineker, Micky Hazard (!) , David Ginola, Jurgen Klinsmann and many many more fantastically gifted footballers of their era (never came close to a title with that lot, though, did you?). So we are well within our rights when we claim to be one of the finest British clubs (ha,ha,ha!) who expect a certain flair and panache whenever our glory boys step out on to the hallowed turf at the Lane. (1961 was FORTY-SIX years ago, my friend!)
Today I think we witnessed several glimpses, particularly going forward of this fantastic tradition our club is enriched with, with dummies, first time passes, flicks around the corner, great understanding with one another (s**t defending, complacency when in the lead, laughable arrogance and expectancy amongst the supporters...). But a painful defeat followed (surely you're used to that by now) and im sure as with the rest of you i felt a terrible pain at a defeat I could barely believe (believe it, mate). As much as this great club has and continues to give us, I cannot help but feel we continue to tirelessly drown in a sea of mediocrity (halle-f**king-lulah!!).
I think the one factor that now hits me more than any other is the success of our "much loved" north london neighbours. Over the past decade the man at the helm over there has introduced a certain sense of gallic flair which has to much the neutral been a sheer joy to watch. I never remembered an Arse*** team reknowned for a better style of attacking play than us. This hurts terribly to admit (but admit to it you must, you f**ker!).
You have to ask yourself just how far off them are we? today sure we looked good going forward at times and our boys showed sum flair and a comfort on the ball. But matched with the Arse*** performance yesterday away to blackburn I see a huge gap between the quality of the 2 sides (er, yes- that's why we've won seven major trophies, gone an entire season unbeaten in the league and reached a Champions League final in the last nine years and you've done F**K ALL!). In particular I feel the tone and tempo of the team is set right at the very back.

Now this was touched on during a game of ours in europe and how the european teams tend to back off and give us so much room to calmly bring the ball out from the bak and pick a pass so easily. almost subutteo football id call it. However we all know this luxury is ill afforded in the prem where we are hussled and harried at every given opportunity. My point is especially without the brilliant Ledley King, Sp**s continue in a spiral whereby we are lumping the ball upfield giving the ball away so cheaply every time. Our centre backs today daws and davenport distinctly lacked the confidence to bring the ball out any what comfortably instead opting to send it back to robbo who in true robbo style gave the ball a huge wallopping downfield into the much appreciated possession of the barcodes. this pattern continued for much of the first half once they got their goal and it only gave them the confidence to feel they can grow and get something from their game.

I never see toure, senderos, gallas, or djorou lauch it long this way and as a result we see them dominate huge spells of possession. If we want to step up we must stop this amateurish approach. This is also a critiscm of our midfielders too as theshud be dropping off to recieve the ball and distribute it out. Its all about confidence in each others ability. we've shown we have players who do love the ball and can play with it, surely Jol now has the responsibility of coaching the lads to believe in this a little more. This is the way we as a real passing team should play. And i am truly sorry to say we have so much to learn from our stupid north london neighbours ( if you have to learn from someone who's stupid then you've really got problems...).

COYS... we still have so much to play for... beat Cardiff, then beat southend or barnsley and thats 5th round in the FA Cup, wallop those scumbags in the semi's in the carling cup and then bring home the uefa cup. We can always look at seuring champs league footy next year now

Oh, f**ck me! Classic delusional Sp**s nonsense. Still living in the not-so-glorious past, desperately hoping that they can outclass us but shocked to find that we've been streets ahead of them for TEN F**KING YEARS.

Classic. We can always rely on The **** for a good laugh.

Btw, I think you've underdone it. We've been streets ahead of them for nearly 20 years. :D

Gooner T

We've been streets ahead of them fol longer than ten ****ing years. We won as many titles under 8 years of George Graham as those Scumbags have in their entire history!!! losers!

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom