• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Blackburn Rovers Vs Arsenal | Sat 17th Sept | 12:45pm |

CandysRoom

Established Member
You make a good point Outlaw and as our 4-3-3 lacks a dominant midfield, the whole system is often going to fall short.

When we're forced to go 4-5-1, having the likes of Arshavin and Walcott playing LM/RM roles is a complete waste of time. We'd be better served playing the likes of Santos and Ramsey respectively.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

ebouenolike said:
@THunter: Putting a laughing smiley before every sentence doesn't make your point more valid, it makes you look a smug *****.
ebouenolike, replying to something that has nothing to do with you doesn't make you look good, it makes you look idiotic - see, two can play at that game.

I watched Arshavin close on Saturday and he's no where near good enough to be a starter for us, just another example of how bad we are that he's starting for us.

alboots101

Established Member
I enjoyed Arshavin performance, I thought we were a little unlucky. It`s no consolation but we were a better team.

It`s not really fair picking out the new boys, for one reason, they just have not had enough time to adjust. We cant expect Cheeeeesney to save our ars*s every game and having to play the disaster that is Djourou at right back was asking for trouble. I saw tons of effort, dissapointed, definately but overall we created better chances and I`m taking some cold comfort from that.

Vela

Established Member
Even when he first joined us he didn't play there either on the wing or had to play alone up front. When he first came to us we should of played him behind the main striker, kept Fabregas in the deeper role not as the number 10.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Vela said:
If we played him in his best position it might have helped?

He's playing close enough to his best position, anyway, what with him constantly moving inside with the ball. In fact, he's receiving more time and space in the middle when he drifts from outside the zone, than he would do if he were to have started there. Think back to when Fabregas was playing there, and how he'd constantly receive the ball with his back to goal, and in tight situations where his control needed to be spot on. Now place Arshavin in those very same positions, and you're most likely going to think that he's doomed to fail. Starting wide, but moving inside gives him the freedom to pick his movements into the centre when he feels, thus better protecting himself from the more difficult aspects of the position. Starting centrally from the off may get more out of him, but it is a wonder. I'd like to think that it were true, but I'm not convinced. Especially, if the back six aren't good enough to advance play allowing Arshavin to wait around in dangerous areas. If we are going to constantly see him pick the ball off Arteta at the half way line, then it's not going to work.

Vela

Established Member
Fabregas even said last season he preferred playing deeper. But if Arshavin was playing in the AM/Number 10 role I'm sure he would have done better for us through out his time here.

eye4goal

Established Member
Arshavin's decline is physical more than anything. Maybe he should have played more centrally when he came but he was a more rounded player then. He's useless on the outside now most of the time but with Gervinho/Walcott on the other side rather than Nasri, he can come inside and be creative which he can still do. The problem is he can't do it for 90 mins

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
alboots101 said:
I enjoyed Arshavin performance, I thought we were a little unlucky. It`s no consolation but we were a better team.

Me too Boots, I thought at first half he really shown how he should not be labeled “Lazy” again. Constantly going up and down and making runs inside the box. And that pass to Gervinho ….. should’ve been 3-1.

Well, a few second before the FK, I got a flash, “this game proof how well AA track back and work hard, but if he made a wrong tackle, he will still get the blame for the goal” and it happened exactly just as I expected… Funny, how a miscontrol by Song is blamed on AA.

qs

Established Member
Was just looking at the passing stats. With the amount of times we gave the ball away in our own half its no wonder we conceded 4 goals. Truly shocking. I'd put that down to nerves more than anything else, this team is completely devoid of confidence at the moment and the manager is not helping.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Yeah, our ability in the first and middle third has gone down the drain, and the thing about that is, Fabregas seldom played in the first third since moving higher up the pitch, and his movements into the middle third were infrequent. We obviously miss Wilshere, but I dare say, players like Denilson and Diaby were pretty decent in the first and middle third. We just hated on their inability to be creative in the final third, but they weren't totally incapable of keeping the ball moving successfully.

alboots101

Established Member
I thought the hate directed at Denilson was the fact that he could'nt defend.

My fav Denilson thing...he never gave the ball away cheaply.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom