• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Bournemouth vs Arsenal | Thursday 26th December | KO: 15:00 | Amazon Prime

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Bournemouth Win

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People still believe that arteta will play Özil?

From what he's said and from some articles that I've read about him, it seems he favours the 433 formation.

No way Özil makes the line up if Arteta is to deploy the 433 formation.

It still baffles me that Özil fans think he'll prsoper in a midfield three

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All about masking weaknesses with strengths. KDB and Silva technique allows them to get away with the supposed physical disadvantage. I just don't think we have that qualities now to get away with ANYTHING. It could be confidence, tactics, coaching. We need to bring our strengths out as soon as possible.

And that means playing Özil in a shape for him to make his passes, the midfield that allows Torreira to press and circulate possession, for Guendozi to break forward and disrupt defensive lines, for Pepe to be isolated against a fullbacks, for Auba to be at the final phase of an attack, for Tierney to be whipping in crosses, for Kola to driving to the byline and cutback etc etc.

It's been eons since we've seen our players playing at their respective strengths.
I do agree with you partially.
But we should be imposing our game on teams.

A poster above who replied my post said that city have fernadinho. How many times does Fernadinho makes a tackle per game?

I think it is the shape and structure of the team and how the team set out to play rather than the muscularity of the midfielders

Wryer

I do agree with you partially.
But we should be imposing our game on teams.

A poster above who replied my post said that city have fernadinho. How many times does Fernadinho makes a tackle per game?

I think it is the shape and structure of the team and how the team set out to play rather than the muscularity of the midfielders

I think we are in agreement there. Play our own game based on the strengths of our players. That's how the team can impose themselves. And conditions, like you rightly mentioned - shape and structure has to be in place.

Arteta has a huge issue here - how do you bring the confidence back, at individual level? Players like Özil, Xhaka, Mustafi and even the likes of Laca, AMN, Sokratis, Luiz. Their form and belief has been wretched and shattered over the last 12 months.

And where do we even begin to find that right "shape and structure"? Chicken and egg problem - player or team issue? Probably both for Arsenal.

Nonetheless, all these problems need the same thing - time. And Arteta is not going to have a lot of that unfortunately.

pikey2000

Do t think we will see a 4231 hopefully 433 with Özil playing as a CM.

Martineli - Lacazette - Pepe
Özil - Ceballos
Torreira
Saka - Luis - Sokratis - Niles
Leno​
If the defence is crap, hopefully Mikel is as ruthless as he says he'll be and end them in January.

Would also like to see Luiz in midfield but predicting a win either way

I'd tweak this slightly, Ceballos is not long back from injury/not back from injury yet so I wouldn't chuck him straight back in.

I'd go with same formation but probably go with Douzi for his energy/ability to get about the pitch and one of Özil/Xhaka depending on where their heads are at, we need to have some experience in there despite the terrible options we have at CM in terms of "experienced" pro's.

For me, it continues to highlight how poor our CM options are, not one of our CM options make it into the current top 4, we badly need to let Xhaka go and get at least 1 top CM back into the club.

Look at the other clubs;

Man City - laughable options in CM compared to us. KBD. The Silva's. Gundogan is a sqauddie :)

Pool - Keita, Fabinho, Hendo, Milner, Wilnaudum. All better than our options.

Chelsea - Kovacic, Jorgihno, Kante all walk into our CM.

Wolves - Moutinho, Neves walk into our CM.

Leicester - Ndidi, Tielemens, Maddison, all walk into our lineup.

UTD midfield is poverty and surprise they are struggling just like us. Sp**s are in a similar boat, hanging on to the likes of Harry Winks as if he is the answer :)

Bournemouth are unpredictable, beat Chelsea and then lose to Burnley at home, hoping for a victory but not expecting it!

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Bellerin and Ceballos back in training. Being assessed ahead of Thursday.

Özil available.

Martinelli being assessed.

morpho

Established Member
What kind of cult bullshit is this? I’m Arteta out from the day we were in for him mods can’t stop that.
So am I, but hes here unfortenately... So how' bout give him a chance?
There is tons of people in here looking at him as some sort of a messias genius manager legend. They will get dissapointed really soon and i am seriously concerned about the future of this forum.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
So am I, but hes here unfortenately... So how' bout give him a chance?
There is tons of people in here looking at him as some sort of a messias genius manager legend. They will get dissapointed really soon and i am seriously concerned about the future of this forum.

You're seriously concerned about the future of this forum? I think the team is a far bigger concern! Lets get behind Arteta & the team, any players who don't work hard enough will be benched or sold. If they aren't then Arteta wont last long, I'm pretty sure he knows this so I'm expecting some firm no nonsense decisions from him and those that are prepared to work will reap the benefits!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos and bellerin back to the team for this game mesut available. Holding Martinelli being assessed.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd be surprised if we don't go with Torreira as the holding midfielder, with Xhaka and Douzy in front of him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Arteta fellow pep tactics he'll go with Xhaka Torreira and Özil or Torreira Ceballos Özil

Torreira, Ceballos and Özil seems to be the three little stooges. Can't see us going with that.

Interesting times. Just wish we had better options. I'm sure that is what Arteta is thinking too!

morpho

Established Member
You're seriously concerned about the future of this forum? I think the team is a far bigger concern! Lets get behind Arteta & the team, any players who don't work hard enough will be benched or sold. If they aren't then Arteta wont last long, I'm pretty sure he knows this so I'm expecting some firm no nonsense decisions from him and those that are prepared to work will reap the benefits!
Being concerned about the team, goes without saying. I have also huge concern about Arteta at the wheel, but yeah Im getting behind him and the lot, regardless. Hence my first post, BigPump was replying on.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Ceballos has so far proven to be a bum. Added to the fact that he's just coming back, he should be nowhere near the team.

Agree, don't see him taking a part in that game yet, but I feel there might still be a massive player in there for Arteta, given what he's shown on the international level and partly in Spain.

Haven't totally lost hope on him just yet.

Symbia

I hope he goes 4 3 3 but that midfield is terrible. I'd bench Özil again for his reaction to being subbed. Hopefully Torreira is at the base and he picks two runners to be in midfield.

Quick wins: 4 3 3
Torreira as a holder.
Pepe back in the side.
No Xhaka.
No Özil.
I think Xhaka did ok in the last match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom