• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley FC vs Arsenal FC 17:30, 11th April

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Had it not been for the bloody spuds this would be our 11th win on the trot.

That turned out to be a blessing in disguise for us. It's completely ruined their season while it's given us that little kick in the backside that we needed in order to get our house in order.

Get your costume ready for St. Totteringham's day is coming.

say yes

forum master baiter
That turned out to be a blessing in disguise for us. It's completely ruined their season while it's given us that little kick in the backside that we needed in order to get out house in order.

Get your costume ready for St. Totteringham's day is coming.

Erm no.

onetowatch

Sanchez had a good game but thought his passing was poor, too heavy mostly.

Cazorla does look knackered, it must be said. With everyone back we should rotate a bit now. Hopefully we can get a comfortable lead against Reading and give Jack, Debuchy, Arteta etc a run out

Iceman10

Established Member
Sanchez had a good game but thought his passing was poor, too heavy mostly.

Cazorla does look knackered, it must be said. With everyone back we should rotate a bit now. Hopefully we can get a comfortable lead against Reading and give Jack, Debuchy, Arteta etc a run out
Rotation to keep the squad happy is not a problem I would like to oversee at this point, it's a challenge in of itself and not forced on the manager with matches a week apart except for the final three PL fixtures. These players brought back in have to perform and Arteta was good at times earlier in the season but he always makes me a little nervous with his slight loss of pace. Every match including the FA Cup semi-final feels like a must-win, with the FA Cup draw as it has panned out it would be a disappointment not to win and we must secure third place at minimum in the PL to avoid the CL qualifying round this time.

elber82

Not the best of performances but results are all that matter at this stage of the season.

Such a friggin shame the chavs were gifted an extra 4 points from their last two games. Rather undeservedly too. :mad:

Anzac

Established Member
Not the best of performances but results are all that matter at this stage of the season.

Such a friggin shame the chavs were gifted an extra 4 points from their last two games. Rather undeservedly too. :mad:

Agreed re points at this stage of the season,
however our start to the season was that pathetic that we don't deserve to win the league, and probably deserve to finish frustratingly in 2nd place as a 'what if' moment.
Hopefully it will serve to spur on both the players and manager, as regardless of injuries we were too often the masters of our own downfall re team shape etc and conceding on the counter.

onetowatch

Rotation to keep the squad happy is not a problem I would like to oversee at this point, it's a challenge in of itself and not forced on the manager with matches a week apart except for the final three PL fixtures. These players brought back in have to perform and Arteta was good at times earlier in the season but he always makes me a little nervous with his slight loss of pace. Every match including the FA Cup semi-final feels like a must-win, with the FA Cup draw as it has panned out it would be a disappointment not to win and we must secure third place at minimum in the PL to avoid the CL qualifying round this time.

But some of the players are fatiguing imo so we must make use of the squad. Some, if not most, of the players that are coming back have been out for a while so are probably not match fit enough to start but do need minutes. Today's game was not ideal for that though.

Iceman10

Established Member
But some of the players are fatiguing imo so we must make use of the squad. Some, if not most, of the players that are coming back have been out for a while so are probably not match fit enough to start but do need minutes. Today's game was not ideal for that though.
On second look of your comment above I see I originally missed the point about hopefully getting a comfortable lead in some matches, e.g. against Reading, to allow players to come on and get decent minutes. Was just saying I'd find it difficult as manager to work those players back in while ensuring results are not affected but that was more with a view to starts. It's a shame we couldn't bring Jack on for a decent period against Burnley, but can't complain, other top sides haven't found them to be straightforward opponents either.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

On second look of your comment above I see I originally missed the point about hopefully getting a comfortable lead in some matches, e.g. against Reading, to allow players to come on and get decent minutes. Was just saying I'd find it difficult as manager to work those players back in while ensuring results are not affected but that was more with a view to starts. It's a shame we couldn't bring Jack on for a decent period against Burnley, but can't complain, other top sides haven't found them to be straightforward opponents either.

Jack and Arteta didn't even make the bench today.

onetowatch

You're right, we're at the stage of the season where results are all that matters and that in itself makes rotation difficult. But if we were to pick up an injury, I'd like the player coming in to at least have been involved in recent weeks and not completely rusty.

We can't complain because we're on a great run but I do feel that for e.g. someone like Theo and Rosicky could've had a few more minutes in recent games over, say, Cazorla and Welbeck.

VancouverCanuck

Btw, thought we did well today. Got an early goal and had the match in control. Didn't get many scoring chances after the goal because we didn't have to. Compare to the matches against QPR, Leicester, Palace, we were never really in trouble.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Think we will rotate a couple of players at least for the fa cup match.

Why do we need to rotate mate? We are playing the most important games of our season and we are playing once a week.

I expect to see the working formula presented again at Wembley. We are actually playing a far more important game.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
There's a seven days gap between the FA Cup Semi and the Chelsea game, so I'm pretty certain we won't see that big a rotation. Would be good though to give some fringe players some minutes, just in case the usual injury plague hits us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom