• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley FC vs Arsenal FC 17:30, 11th April

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Record is 14 set by us in 02/03.
Was wondering what the record was cheers! That's amazing!

And yeah it wasn't pretty yesterdays game, everyone thought it would be tough. Considering Burnley's record at home against the better teams this season they've done really well! So I'll gladly take the 1-0!

Well done Gunners!! Can enjoy today's football now...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

As I thought a difficult game but we came through it unscathed. Over to the Mancs and the Chavs to see how they do. Two draws would be brilliant.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There's a seven days gap between the FA Cup Semi and the Chelsea game, so I'm pretty certain we won't see that big a rotation. Would be good though to give some fringe players some minutes, just in case the usual injury plague hits us again.
I can see us perhaps resting Cazorla, putting Ramsey central and a natural wide man in place but that type of change wouldn't be detrimental or wholesale. I'd also hope to see Flamini off the bench and replaced with Arteta or Wilshere, and a spot for Debuchey on the bench in place of Chambers or Gibbs.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It was actually at the end of the 01/02 season on our charge to the double. It's the longest winning top flight streak.

Freddie was epic in the run in . Still remember the match against Sp**s at Highbury **** that was close and Lauren scored a penalty in the last 5 mins to get us the win .

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nobody is saying he's not effective. He's just not AS effective deep as he is more ahead. And Ramsey is just pretty meh out wide.

Effective at what though? His job when he plays deep is to help our transitions from defence to attack and he does it better than anyone else in our midfield because his close control and passing range is superior to anyone else. The team needs his ability there more than it needs him further forward. He also has an excellent understanding with Coquelin.

I agree on Ramsey.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Ramsey out wide is situationally successful. It was actually a very good tactical move against Liverpool.

It was unnecessary against Burnley though but its clear Wenger wanted him on the pitch.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nothing tugs on my Johnson more than when Wenger doens't seem to make subs, it was clear to see Santi was knackerd and not effective in the middle, a simple Welbeck sub with Ramsey going into the middle and Santi coming off, I believe would of helped us see the game off.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is where Wenger falls short in my opinion. He has a level of arrogance that is only humbled by facing big teams away from home currently. Anyone watching Burnely all season, know that they press you, they run more than any other team and they never sit deep. This is one of the reasons why it looks likely they will be relegated.

We went to United, who play a high line, who press and we played Welbeck to coutner that tactic. What is the difference between going to Burnley and doing the same? There are certain games where Welbeck will be more useful up front and others where Giroud will be more useful. The Burnley match is one that Welbeck should have started and we would have probably won it quite comfortably.

On a side note, did anyone catch the game on talksport? I was working so I had to resort to listening to it on the radio and I can't believe how pathetic the commentary is. They spend most of the time talking complete rubbish to each-other, with Collymore trying to sound intelligent, but obviously talking nonsense. They struggle to see which Arsenal player is in possession of the ball and give a ridiculous representation of the game. By listening to the game I felt that we never had the ball, didn't create any chances and that Arsenal were diving for every Burnley tackle. Not to mention Coquelin had a terrible performance. Then I watched the highlights and saw Coquelin dominate the midfield, had 68% possession and created more chances. They made out like every Burnley chance was clear cut. I can never listen to a talksport game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom