• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Must win against Brexit FC.
Let's play with same conviction as against Bournemouth, not afraid of the opposition, impose our style of play and get the 3 points.

United are playing Wolves
Sp**s playing City
Chelsea playing Leciester.
If we dont win this then forget even being in touching distance of the top4 come May.

Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Saka
Torreira Xhaka
Pepe Willock Martinelli
Aubameyang

Thats a direct team suited to away games.

That is probably the lineup Arteta will go with, maybe Özil instead of Willock.
If Martinelli is left on bench to make place for Laca while Auba is shifted wide, it doesn't spell for a good afternoon.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Kola could be back for this too Arsenal say he progressed well after his last injury and will be assessed Auba and luiz are back and no new injuries. Good news.

roz

Fake News Merchant
We should be beating the cloggers, surely a welcome away win, spirits are high and we have players coming into form. Reckon we’re due a decision from the ref/VAR. Burnley red card after 10mins of them kicking lumps out of us, 0-4.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We should be beating the cloggers, surely a welcome away win, spirits are high and we have players coming into form. Reckon we’re due a decision from the ref/VAR. Burnley red card after 10mins of them kicking lumps out of us, 0-4.
Burnley are in good form they'll be tough i hope we win but I'm expecting Close game

zilfy

Kola could be back for this too Arsenal say he progressed well after his last injury and will be assessed Auba and luiz are back and no new injuries. Good news.
Maybe I'm being naive but I think I'd prefer Saka over Kola at the moment. He's playing brilliantly at the moment

Bosniak Gooner

Lacazette must be dropped for this game, I would even consider dropping Pepe in order to accommodate Aubameyang and MArtinelli.

If Pepe and Laca take up Martinellis position, to hell with that selection.

Özil has been so useless lately but I dont fancy WIllock over him. A quality number 10 in the summer is a must!

Is this Arsenal 7-red-cards-in-two-and-a-half-years talking here? Burnley under Dyche have one red card in the same period and have consistently had fewer men sent off than any other team.

Finesse

This is a tougher fixture on paper than we may be letting our optimism perceive. Burnley is a tricky fixture. I wouldn’t want to be Arteta. Gaby looks unstoppable considering the partnership and rapport with Saka. The 3 games both have played occupying that left side has been electric , pacy , decisive and our most potent weapon. The assists and goals speak for themselves. Auba at LW with Saka behind did not create such an outlet for us. Even compared to the right side combo with Hector and Pepe. The LW has been the most dangerous and won us games. Changing things here would be a big decision for Arteta.

Auba has to start and need a game after 3 games on the sidelines. I would start him and leave Laca out. We would miss Laca’s ability to hold it and bring the midfield to play. Add his work rate to that.

Özil should start and needs to add presence into the final third. More risks and less of the save passes to keep possession. Willock showed some fantastic thrust from midfield and he impressed Arteta. Özil should take note.

Pepe and Hector must start showing more creativity from the right side to match Saka and Gaby. Pepe especially!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Yep even his passing has gone to ****, why do so many of our players get injured when they are finally finding form :(

Because we buy players who are "technical" "Good on the ball" etc ad naseum ffs.

An athletic strong body can handle more abuse, Quick turns and twist

Look at Zlatan coming back from severe injuries, well developed musculary (albeit he is technical to)

Pools and Citys "small" technical players are levels above ours when it comes to everything, technical ability, athletic ability and fitness. Heck Pool has played nonstop since the start of last season, Still going strong

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Maybe I'm being naive but I think I'd prefer Saka over Kola at the moment. He's playing brilliantly at the moment

Perfect time to rest him
So next time he plays he comes with great performances in His backpack
One bad game for a talent like him it is back to square One.

Dont burn out the youngsters!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Must win against Brexit FC.
Let's play with same conviction as against Bournemouth, not afraid of the opposition, impose our style of play and get the 3 points.

That is probably the lineup Arteta will go with, maybe Özil instead of Willock.
If Martinelli is left on bench to make place for Laca while Auba is shifted wide, it doesn't spell for a good afternoon.
Don't mention Brexit. This is a very sad day. I hope that after a century of devastating wars, despite the fact we're leaving, the project to bring countries together to work in peace, harmony and cooperation continues.

Leave the light on Donald, we'll find our way back.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If we play Auba up front that’ll require our midfield to keep the ball and bring it into the final third. Big test for Özil if that’s the case. I’d like us to try it but I have this feeling Laca is Arteta’s first name on the sheet. I’m not quite convinced Martinelli is a starter for Mikel yet..

I’m expecting something like this:

Leno

Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Saka

Torreira Xhaka

Pepe Özil Auba

Laca

Bench: Martinez; Holding, AMN; Guendouzi, Willock; Martinelli, N’Ketiah​

roz

Fake News Merchant
Is this Arsenal 7-red-cards-in-two-and-a-half-years talking here? Burnley under Dyche have one red card in the same period and have consistently had fewer men sent off than any other team.
Yeah arsenal are a dirtier team than Burnley, lets see on sunday who kicks who all game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom