• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Burnley v Arsenal | Sunday February, 2 | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZgunner

Burnley are coming off two wins and are the sort of physical side up front that will cause our defence problems

because he's an NZer we see a lot of Chris Wood down here and I'm worried by the thought of any ball being whipped into our 6 yard box - Leno is a decent keeper but not dominating when it comes to the close in stuff, Sokratis can't get more than five and a half feet off the ground when he challenges for headers, and Luiz is just as likely to put it in his own net or drag a player down as make a goal line clearance

if we lose we drop down to 13th, and the wildly optimistic talk of top 4 really needs to be replaced by the more likely proposition of staving off relegation

I'm not saying a relegation battle is likely, just that it's more likely than top 4, especially if we lose

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...last trip to their **** hole...Auba winning the golden boot, and Eddie's first league goal!

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we can squeeze win out here it’d be huge.

When City hopefully lay the smack down on Sp*rs all our rivals would have dropped points.

Peoples-Elbow.gif

goonerfamily

Would love to start winning games consistently. Have a feeling we'll draw though.

Leno; Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Saka; Torreira Xhaka; Pepe Özil Martinelli; Aubameyang

Wouldn't mind seeing Willock or AMN given a game

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

When the f*ck did Chelsea go 11 pts clear? :lol:

May as well well just grind out Europa at this stage.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
When the f*ck did Chelsea go 11 pts clear? :lol:

May as well well just grind out Europa at this stage.

Their next two games are against Man Utd and Sp**s. If they drop points in both and we win our next 3 we’re 4 points off 4th. Lots of ifs obviously but not unrealistic, especially considering how **** Chelsea are at home.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It's still an 8 point gap to 4th. Not that I'm against putting a run together, for positivity's sake alone (So, we go motivated into important Cup ties), but we still need plenty of luck for that to happen.

HOWEVER, I do absolutly want to finish in front of Sp**s and United. They're both terrible and we should be able to easily pass them if Arteta improvements continue.

It wont be easy but Chelsea's next 2 games are Utd home and Sp**s home. After today our next 2 are Newcastle home & Everton home. Things can change quickly but bottom line is, we have to win today to get that run going, especially as we go away to Dubai, a win will be a huge lift going into their warm weather training.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Their next two games are against Man Utd and Sp**s. If they drop points in both and we win our next 3 we’re 4 points off 4th. Lots of ifs obviously but not unrealistic, especially considering how **** Chelsea are at home.

I like the optimism. In fact if we won our next 7 league games all the other teams will drop a lot of points in that period. If we got confident then the run in would be interesting as ours would be absolutely brutal.

Liverpool (h)
City (a)
Leicester (h)
Sp**s (a)
Wolves (a)

No chance really. Too many possible draws.

I hope Arteta picks the team to face Burnely based on what we need and not reputation.

Laca and Özil are both poor away from home.
Bring in Martinelli and beef up the midfield with Guendouzi or AMN. This will be a second ball game. We need to be quick enough to get there.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I like the optimism. In fact if we won our next 7 league games all the other teams will drop a lot of points in that period. If we got confident then the run in would be interesting as ours would be absolutely brutal.

Liverpool (h)
City (a)
Leicester (h)
Sp**s (a)
Wolves (a)

No chance really. Too many possible draws.

I hope Arteta picks the team to face Burnely based on what we need and not reputation.

Laca and Özil are both poor away from home.
Bring in Martinelli and beef up the midfield with Guendouzi or AMN. This will be a second ball game. We need to be quick enough to get there.

Even if we miss out on 4th top 5 is still important. No Europa League football next season would cost us about £40m.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That was something else. Imagine United sending him off on loan ffs.

Especially looking at their current options. Now Ole is talking about him proving people wrong next year, why send him on loan then? He's not a youngster in need of experience. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom