• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Charlton Athletic vs Arsenal | 26/12/05

James

Established Member
I really don't know what to expect from this game. Two teams which are going through the poorest runs of form, and to add to our problems, Henry and Van Persie are major doubts. I guess if there's one positive, is that i can't make this one, so it's likely we'll get a result away from home for once.

I predict the side will be:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Cygan

Pires Fabregas Gilberto Ljungberg

Bergkamp Reyes

I've got a feeling Arsène may shuffle the defence around again, and we'll see Pascal grace our defence yet again. I don't think Arsène will be too positive about our run of form, and see Phillipe as our weakness at the moment. Just the feeling i have.

I think we'll get the three points though, Charlton's home form this season is as bad as our away form.

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

This is a must win if we want to finish in the top 3 of the league!!!
no room for messing about , just get the job done!!
No fancy football , just stick that ball in the back of the net....
we dont need to walk the ball in the goal or score the perfect goal at the momment , we just need a win away and it dont matter how it comes really , i wouldnt care if cygan hit a volley and it hit curbishley at the dugout on the head and cannoned into the top corner of the charlton net!!! wins a win!!!!....
But i have a feeling this will be a massive backlash with a Vintage Arsenal performance back to their best!!!!
im predicting ....
Charlton 0 Arsenal 5
reyes (2)
bergkamp (1)
Ljungberg & Pires finally!
After all we are due a vintage performance soon!!!!Someone has to pay for our bad form and it looks like it's charlton!
I have a feelin :D , whos with me on this one:d?

Neo_McKane

I agree with jaguars4ever. And, i like the Ljungberg - Pires swap, i mean, Freddie isn't doing well on right side, also pires showed nothing on left, but the man from who i expect very much is reyes, this is his chance.

I with ya, Dj_F_swift_the_gooner, let's kick some...
...balls!?

invisibleman18

Established Member
i was just coming online to start this thread, found it strange that the chelsea one was still in full flight and this one hadnt been started yet, with the game just a couple of days away.

anyway, pretty much agree the team will be the one James has predicted unless of course Henry manages to make it.
Dont really know what to expect in terms of a result, its an away game so i guess first and foremost we must not lose, but in terms of european ambition and moving up the table and getting on form etc, a win here is absolutely vital. we have to start winning away now.
having said that, i dont think we will win this one, certainly not if the team that has played the last few games turns up, but i also cant see us losing. 1-1 draw it is then.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Re: Charlton v Arsenal

James said:
Lehmann

Bergkamp Reyes
Agreed on the line up above. Wenger will bring Cygan back into the team and put Toure back in the centre of defence. If Thierry makes it then which I hope he does due to his record against Charlton, he'll probably replace Reyes in that lineup. To state the obvious, we really need a win here, its an away match but we are playing a Charlton side who are not in the best of form. I think we can do it on Monday, get on the scoresheet and record our first victory of the month.

A

Anonymous

--------------------Lehmann

Toure-----Campbell(c)-----Senderos-------Lauren

Hleb--------Silva-----------Flamini---------Pires

------------Bergkamp------Reyes

subs: Alumina, Eboue, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Quincy

Aussie

Established Member

thierrys_girl said:
James said:
Lehmann

Bergkamp Reyes
Agreed on the line up above. Wenger will bring Cygan back into the team and put Toure back in the centre of defence. If Thierry makes it then which I hope he does due to his record against Charlton, he'll probably replace Reyes in that lineup. To state the obvious, we really need a win here, its an away match but we are playing a Charlton side who are not in the best of form. I think we can do it on Monday, get on the scoresheet and record our first victory of the month.

:shock:

Cuprum

James said:
I predict the side will be:

Lehmann

Bergkamp Reyes
Gilberto played all 120 minutes against Doncaster, do you think he is fit enough?

Lukazan

Established Member
I think it'll be a very uncomfortable 1-0 to us... Freddie the scorer.

I fear you're right about Cygan, he will feature in the team even though the backline we've used in the past couple of games have done well.

ccc

based on the last update, henry is ready for monday game while robin has a little chance also. I think one of them will start for chalton game.

Wenger14

Established Member
Team:

Lehman
Toure Senderos Cambell Lauren
Ljunberg Gilberto Fabregas Pires
Bergkamp Reyes

Prediction:

1-0 win for us, 2nd away win of the season, 1st win of the month.
Reyes to score the winning goal early on in the game.

Thoughts:

I really can't see us losing this one even if Charlton's home record is slightly better than our away record with 2 wins compared to our 1.

I can see this game as a turning point to our fortunes and the start of a good run. As for the defence, can't see a shuffle of it just as yet. Lauren and Toure have been alright at the fullback positions.

Attack looks blunt on paper on current form. And to win we'll need Bergkamp, Reyes, Pires and Ljunberg to actually show up and show us why they are in this team.

Let's hope Henry's fit, if not, we'll get a hard fought victory.

Mark

Established Member
Charlton are about as poor at home as we are away. Tough game to predict, but I expect we have the quality to find a win. Then again it will be tough with Bergkamp and Reyes upfront as there's, like, zero goal threat there. :?

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Campbell Lauren

Freddie Flamini Fabregas Pires

Bergkamp Reyes

Senderos has been unconvincing, so I'd drop him and bring in Eboue, although I imagine Cygan will be brought back in somehow. I'd also leave out Gilberto as he hasn't been too good lately and played 120 minutes the other night. Flamini was good against Chelsea so he'd do a good job.

I think we'll sneak a 1-0 win. Freddie with the goal.

mood

Reyes played better as a striker this season because he was given more freedom to move around the pitch, that's why I expect him to be great vs Charlton and find his scoring touch.

>YounGunner<

Established Member

Lauren-----Campbell(c)-----Toure-------Wenger

------------Cygan------Reyes

Cygan for target man?

mood

>YounGunner< said:

Lauren-----Campbell(c)-----Toure-------Wenger

------------Cygan------Reyes

Cygan for target man?

I seriously do not give a crap as long as he's no where near our back line.

IBL

Established Member
I've had enough of us helping out struggling teams at their home grounds, we've already given Boro, WBA and Newcastle early christmas presents. Charlton are struggling badly at the moment, Curbishly is under immense pressure and it seems Charlton's usual collapse in form has arrived half a season early. We really need to put in a strong strong performance to get some much needed confidence back.

Its time for the players to stand up and be counted. If we want to progress further in the cup comps we need to sort out our game asap.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom