• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Charlton Athletic vs Arsenal | 26/12/05

Viper

Established Member
If Cygan starts, we've lost the match. I'm ****ing sick of seeing him play when we have much better options avaliable. Does Wenger love Cygan or what?!!?! I also have a bad feeling that Pires and Bergkamp will start. I'd prefer them not to since age has catched up with them. Since it looks like Van Persie will be out of the game, I'd prefer a line-up of

Lehmann

Eboue Toure Campbell Lauren

Ljungberg Fabregas Flamini Hleb

Reyes Henry

awooga83

Established Member
Will be a tough game to predict, would normally expect us to be able to raise our game but every game this season where we play a team in equally as bad form as us the other team seems to be able to get more up fot it then us and use are game to turn around their form.

Charlton have been quite a tough team for us in the past i think we will win but as others said narrowly 1-0 or 2-1.

kel varnsen

Established Member
we'll lose 2-1 and it'll be another sh*te performance and wenger will once again blame the refs, weather and alan shearer... :roll:

invisibleman18

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
we'll lose 2-1 and it'll be another sh*te performance and wenger will once again blame the refs, weather and alan shearer... :roll:

heh :D
well it would be quite funny if it wasnt true.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I'm predicting a loss for once.
Henry out, Cygan in and Bergkamp upfront in an away match just stacks up to a loss.
We lack any bite in the middle of the park to win away matches. We can normally win our home games without that added muscle in the middle....but in our away matches, we start too slow and get beaten to the punch.

wer

We must win this one and i believe our team can do it. 3-0 to us with JAR, Bobby and Cesc scoring.

asajoseph

Established Member
Despite my pessimism about our recent crap form, I think we'll still have too much for Charlton, who, as many have pointed out, are on a worse run of form than we are. We'll have to watch out for Darren Bent (a player Wenger should be thinking about, in my oppinion), but other than that we should be ok...

gun4glory

against_all_odds said:
Lehmann

Toure Sanderos Campbell Lauren
Ljungberg Gilberto Flamini Pires
Bergkamp Reyes

That's what i think !

Interesting resting Fabregas, we need him for the Man Utd game (Jan. 3) so i don't want him playing all 4 'holiday' games... I'd rest him against Portsmouth(h) for sure, and then decide between Charlton(a) and Aston Villa(a) to rest him... Giving him a start every other agme would be good...

sabret00the

Established Member
i say put out a weaker squad for this game

almunia

eboue toure senderos gilbert

ljungberg gilberto flamini pires

bergkamp reyes

depending on how well the weak squad does we put out stronger squads in the proceeding games.

A

Anonymous

---------------------Lehmann

Toure-----Campbell--------Senderos-----Eboue

Pires--------Silva-------------Hleb---------Reyes

-----------Bergkamp--------Lupoli

Subs: Almunia, Lauren, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Boythord

A

Anonymous

kel varnsen said:

agree

i see another loss here, MAYBE 2-0

We are defensivly very poor with no quality in Midfield. Personally i do not feel Wenger has not learnt anything yet and i doubt he will. All this hype and predictions on new players comming is killing me as i do see Wenger buying quality. Did anyone here what he said yesterday. "We have the quality", and now we hear Macro Ne might come. Absolutey CRAP!!!!!!!!!

If Cygan returns , that will make my case against him going even stronger

Jinn

Established Member
damenholmes said:

WTF!

And Henry will most likely play. Fabregas should play too.

gun4glory

Given RvP and Henry are both injured:
Lehmenn
Kolo-Senderos-Campbell(c)-Lauren
Ljungberg-Flamini-Fabregas-Pires
Bergkamp-Reyes

-That defense it the best we got right now
-Gilberto and Hleb need rest after their CC game, and we can rest fabregas for Porstmouth(h)
-Reyes will most definately start upfront unless bot Hnery and RvP are fir, may even start before a fit RvP due to CC...

If both RvP and Henry are fit, id put them upfront and move reyes to LM

gun4glory

Jinn said:
damenholmes said:

WTF!

No offense Jinn, but there is so much wrong with that line-up... You'll drop one of our most consistent and strongest player and replace him with an inexperienced young kid OUT of his position, and you will also move a spanish international and put in a completely inexperienced 17/18 year old who had a good game against a League 1 side... On top of that, you will put to players in CM (most important position) who had a rough long CC game midweek... And WTF is right about you bench...

Jinn

Established Member
gun4glory said:
Jinn said:
damenholmes said:

WTF!

No offense Jinn, but there is so much wrong with that line-up... You'll drop one of our most consistent and strongest player and replace him with an inexperienced young kid OUT of his position, and you will also move a spanish international and put in a completely inexperienced 17/18 year old who had a good game against a League 1 side... On top of that, you will put to players in CM (most important position) who had a rough long CC game midweek... And WTF is right about you bench...

I'm sorry, that wasn't actually my post. As you'll see, it was posted by damenholmes.

:lol:

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom