• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 21/02/04

lewdikris

Established Member
Absolutely awesome. Not a great performance, but good enough to beat those suckers - which is all that matters. Now it's time to keep up the pressure. Win, win, win. All credit to Sol, he marshalled that performance magnificently. Clichy is a massive talent, and Toure and Lauren were firmly in control. Excellent.

JazzG

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
I just noticed that Man United and Leeds are wearing black armbands because of Charles' death ... but why didn't Chelsea or Arsenal?

He was a former Leeds player that is why the Leeds players are wearing armbands

Allyboy

Established Member
Charles played for Leeds, so I assuming United wore them as a sign of mutal respect.

Arsenal and Chelsea have no affiliation with him, but im presuming had either of them played Leeds today they would have worn them too.

mood

Now we are looking more like the unbeaten side. 7 pts clear. Before we were unbeaten and were 3 pts behind the 1st placed Man Utd. That seemed too unrealistic.. being unbeaten and still not 1st ? now we're looking like the unbeaten side and we've got 4 more games to break the all time record so let's keep up the good work and the nice 6 game winning streak.

Clichy played BRILLIANT! it's too bad Ashley Cole is still young, otherwise I'd take Clichy as his successor. Clichy has been playing MUCH better than Cole did at the same age.

Andrew

On the official Chelsea website:

"A sadly familiar scoreline as Arsenal once again defeated the Blues 2-1. An also familiar pattern as Chelsea took the lead this time after just 27 seconds as Gudjohnson finished with a low drive but let that lead slip once more."

Aww... poor Chelski. :lol:

Thinking they can buy the title, shove that money elsewhere!

A

Anonymous

A fantastic away performance, just perfect. We did everything right today. Our defense and midfield were brilliant and the tactics were just spot on.
Henry and Pires were very quiet, but they contributed in their own way. Dennis was great yet again, he is finding his form at just the right time.
Gilberto did a great job on the right in the second half after looking a bit out of place in the first, and Edu and Vieira were all over their midfield. Was Lampard playing?

The sending off was definate imo. The second booking, look at his face, he deliberatly clips Clichys heels to stop him getting away.

Great result at OT. It is in our hands and if we keep playing like we did today we should win the league, but you never know.

Andrew

Sol said:
A fantastic away performance, just perfect. We did everything right today. Our defense and midfield were brilliant and the tactics were just spot on.
Henry and Pires were very quiet, but they contributed in their own way. Dennis was great yet again, he is finding his form at just the right time.
Gilberto did a great job on the right in the second half after looking a bit out of place in the first, and Edu and Vieira were all over their midfield. Was Lampard playing?

The sending off was definate imo. The second booking, look at his face, he deliberatly clips Clichys heels to stop him getting away.

Great result at OT. It is in our hands and if we keep playing like we did today we should win the league, but you never know.

Agree with everything you said. Lampard really wasn't in the game at all. Ominous for Euro 2004, he can do well against average midfields but when it comes to playing against the best he is out-classed. Vieira's shown that twice in a row.

ethanen

saxon, is silvestre injured???? he was substitud in the 25 min.
that would be great because neville and scholes will also miss some games.. and their defence is **** as it is!!

Andrew

ethanen said:
saxon, is silvestre injured???? he was substitud in the 25 min.
that would be great because neville and scholes will also miss some games.. and their defence is s**t as it is!!

Don't focus at how Manure are doing. If we want to win the title they shouldn't concern us anymore.

jc8gooner

Did you go to the match, Sol? What was the atmosphere like? I bet Chelski fans went a bit crazy. They must be really pissed off.

kajej

Lauren was impressive going up today but left the deffence exposed too many times, letting Geremi get all those crosses in. I even noticed Campbell getting frustrated with him at one stage. Henry had possibly the worst game this season, nothing was working out with him. Gilberto had a good came but perhaps could have scored a goal with those 2 chances. Clichy was absolutely brilliant although Gudjonsen did get the better of him a couple of times. Pires was rather quiet posing little attacking threat. Vieira had a good game, not as good as last weeks but still impressive.

Toure and Campbell were perhaps the best players out on the field speciually dealing with corsses. Edu had another good performance. In general the game's level dropped in the second half due to the sending off and that was probably the reason behind some of the below par performances.

I really hope Reyes starts against Celta Vigo as he will be very familiar to them and will keep his confidence high if he gives in a good performance. Hopefully, that is the reason Wenger didn't play him today. Another thing I noticed was that Lauren was suffering because of his pace as Chelsea players were outrunning him. Becuase of the slower pace in the Champions League, I believe we should put in Cygan in the centre, Toure on the right and give Lauren a rest.

If we stay in the form we're at in the moment and keep our consistency, the League is ours for the taking.

JGooner

The ultimate champions' performance: disciplined, measured, industrious, lethal. Edu was my man of the match - he always excels in the big games. Clichy comes a close second. Bergkamp's first half was virtuoso and even when he faded later he used his physical strength to retain possession and break Chelsea's rhythm. And the Manure result is equally wonderful news. The tension was killing me in the second half because I feared Chelsea would score and Leeds would capitulate at OT, but neither happened.

How much fun was it to see the Cheslea fans holler and whine?

jc8gooner

I really hope Reyes starts against Celta Vigo as he will be very familiar to them and will keep his confidence high if he gives in a good performance. Hopefully, that is the reason Wenger didn't play him today. Another thing I noticed was that Lauren was suffering because of his pace as Chelsea players were outrunning him. Becuase of the slower pace in the Champions League, I believe we should put in Cygan in the centre, Toure on the right and give Lauren a rest.

I reckon the team will be:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Campbell Clichy

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Reyes Henry

Bench- Kanu, Bentley, Gilberto, Stack, Cygan, Hoyte, Keown

Andrew

You would think Reyes would definitely start in the CL match. Playing in Spain, with no Bergkamp. Being rested for the whole of this match. Of course he'll start.

jc8gooner

I'm fed up of playing Chelsea. It's getting a bit boring. Lets hope we don't get them in the CL. I would prefer to play Real Madrid! That would be brilliant.

ethanen

kajej said:
Lauren was impressive going up today but left the deffence exposed too many times
it wasnt laurens fault, in the first half gilberto didnt help him at all so bridge and geremi got the better of lauren

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom