• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
You know things are bleak when we're starting to romanticise this era. I've even seen praise for Theo Walcott of all people on social media about what a great player he was for us.

Theo Walcott!

Note: Özil was amazing that day and for that season. I miss him too, just goes to show. But I hope the day doesn't come when we're pining for Willian on the wing and Xhaka in midfield. That's when you know we've sunk low.
"Nostalgia is truly one of the great human weaknesses. Second only to the neck.” - Dwight Schrute - Heskey

Truth be told, Walcott had his moments where he was looking like he'd take the world by storm. He was looking really good prior to his Cruciate Ligament Rupture in 13/14, but never quite looked the same after that. He was 5g/5a in 11games that season before it and we were sitting in first...

Gotta love Wrighty and Keane here. :lol:
But sadly Walcott just never really recovered from it, and when he was finally looking good again in one of the later seasons another injury completely stopped him in his tracks and that was truly it. But honestly, he was a great player, and he could've been much more for us. Hadn't we lost him that season...
0c2acffc76e457a285c24169d239c477.png

7e804de12da00e7aa04de0c329a904e9.png

Those figures are damning...

"But I hope the day doesn't come when we're pining for Willian on the wing and Xhaka in midfield. That's when you know we've sunk low."
Agreed...

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Neither do Elneny and Ceballos. Would still rather see Willock, I at least like him more than the other 2.
And you have a chance to develop Willock, and he can improve with chances, confidence and faith from the manager. Elneny and Ceballos not the same case - Ceballos is not even our player and wants to give it a second shot at Real by his own comments!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

"Nostalgia is truly one of the great human weaknesses. Second only to the neck.” - Dwight Schrute - Heskey

Truth be told, Walcott had his moments where he was looking like he'd take the world by storm. He was looking really good prior to his Cruciate Ligament Rupture in 13/14, but never quite looked the same after that. He was 5g/5a in 11games that season before it and we were sitting in first...

But sadly Walcott just never really recovered from it, and when he was finally looking good again in one of the later seasons another injury completely stopped him in his tracks and that was truly it. But honestly, he was a great player, and he could've been much more for us. Hadn't we lost him that season...

"But I hope the day doesn't come when we're pining for Willian on the wing and Xhaka in midfield. That's when you know we've sunk low."
Agreed...

Haven’t read that because I can’t really read but before that injury to Walcott I thought we were going to win the league :(

roz

Fake News Merchant
Neither do Elneny and Ceballos. Would still rather see Willock, I at least like him more than the other 2.
I don’t mind not playing either of them in favour of a player that deserves a chance. Willock for me has never shown anything when given a chance against any half decent side. Just dont rate him, the step up looks too big for him. Would gladly see ESR or AMN given a go there.

You’ve got me hyped for Azeez though, probably too soon for him though no?

With El Nen you know what you’ll get, uninspiring averageness. But he does keep things ticking (sometimes).

Generally hate having on loan players, Ceballos is no exception but we’ve at least seen him step up in the past when needed and we’re in a situation where we need 3 points. Ceballos is the best of a bad bunch but needs to play if we want to win games.

Willock aint it man. If you see him be sure to let him know What I said so he can prove me wrong. :lol:

pikey2000

I Predict this starting 11 Leno; Holding, Luiz, Tierney; Maitland-Niles, Elneny, Ceballos, Saka; Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang

I'd predict similar, except he will put Bellerin back in at RB, Saka will get a rest, Auba goes wide left, Laca through the middle and the return of Willian unfortunately .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You know things are bleak when we're starting to romanticise this era. I've even seen praise for Theo Walcott of all people on social media about what a great player he was for us.

Theo Walcott!

Note: Özil was amazing that day and for that season. I miss him too, just goes to show. But I hope the day doesn't come when we're pining for Willian on the wing and Xhaka in midfield. That's when you know we've sunk low.
:lol: That’s when we’re 92nd out of 92.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Agreed...
I really despair at many of the posts I read on here. But you always back up your opinions with hard facts. I love it. Maybe we can form a breakaway forum called Arsenal Truths. Anybody who posts stuff like, ‘Anybody could see we were in decline’, without showing a metric, or worse, ‘Even if the fans hadn’t shat all over the manager and team, we still would have dropped out of the top 4’, gets banned immediately. I’m sure @albakos can set it up. :lol:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Agreed...
Cheers for that vid :lol:

Good post. Yeah, I am not going to pretend Walcott was underrated but he was under appreciated for sure. His injuries we're a shame as they robbed us, I think people forget that bit. Ditto Ramsey.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Cheers for that vid :lol:

Good post. Yeah, I am not going to pretend Walcott was underrated but he was under appreciated for sure. His injuries we're a shame as they robbed us, I think people forget that bit. Ditto Ramsey.
Never understood the Arsenal injury situation. How did we have so many serious injuries? Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Welbeck, Walcott, etc, the list is endless. Eduardo’ s and Ramsey’s leg breaks :eek: Don’t remember other clubs like United, Chelsea having all those.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Never understood the Arsenal injury situation. How did we have so many serious injuries? Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Welbeck, Walcott, etc, the list is endless. Eduardo’ s and Ramsey’s leg breaks :eek: Don’t remember other clubs like United, Chelsea having all those.
Exactly.

Pretty sure "get in em" and "it's all part of the game" and other stupid barbs pundits and others threw around had something to do with it.

Heard nothing but tears when it came to VVD interestingly enough.

DubbedTheNewWenger

Could've been how we train or the type of players we bought.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If there is ever a period where anyone looks back fondly at Willian's Arsenal time, then yes, nostalgia will have run amok at that point :lol:

The 2012-2015 period was a very enjoyable time to be an Arsenal fan imo...no rose tinted glasses, some great players and great people at the club then...was it as good as our Highbury time, no...does that make it a bad period, hell no!

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If there is ever a period where anyone looks back fondly at Willian's Arsenal time, then yes, nostalgia will have run amok at that point :lol:

The 2012-2015 period was a very enjoyable time to be an Arsenal fan imo...no rose tinted glasses, some great players and great people at the club then...was it as good as our Highbury time, no...does that make it a bad period, hell no!
tenor.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

You are right though, it's not as good as the first few years at The Emirates when we were playing the best football on the planet with absolute ballers like Hleb...man, those were the days :drool:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You are right though, it's not as good as the first few years at The Emirates when we were playing the best football on the planet with absolute ballers like Hleb...man, those were the days :drool:
:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'd take that manager and those days now but I had just come from invincibles. I felt the decline from then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom