• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 15/08/04

JazzG

Established Member
The sun's ratings for our players

Lehmann 7, Lauren 8, Toure 7, Cygan 7, Cole 7, Ljungberg 7 (Pennant 6), Silva 6 (Flamini 6), Fabregas 7, Reyes 9 (Pires 7), Bergkamp 8, Henry 8.

Last week they rated Jose too low and now they have rated him too high! Henry and Lauren didn't deserve that high ratings either. Star man Dennis for me.

job

Will Wenger play the same lineup vBoro or will he make some changes like Edu, if hes back in time ?

Mark

Established Member
I reckon we might see Flamini get a start against Boro, although to be honest, based on what I have seen so far, I would stick with a similar lineup to the one today. Pires to start this time perhaps.

job

If pires was brought in Wenger would have to take out either Reyes,Bergkamp,Henry or Ljungberg. Thats a tough choice i wouldn't want to make. Although its nice that we can rotate a little (not like chelsea last season) but enough to rest players when needed.

AdamT

if only we could play with three strikers, thats what hjappens when you have so many good players, how do you fit them all on the field?

Aussie

Established Member
How good is Dennis Bergkamp?

Ill tell you. He is is just amazing. He has continued his good form from last season. Some of his passes make my jaw hit the ground. Top game from him today. If he can play 20 games for us this season it would sensational.

Cesc looks like he has been playing in the premier league for 5 years now. He already looks a class act and is definatly capable of playing a part in our title defense this season. He just looks so settled and controlled out there.

Reyes continues to impress and lets hope he continue this good form. Henry and Reyes are just going to be too quick for a lot of sides. Even though Henry had a fairly poor game by his standards he still made 2 assists.

Fred was the Freddie of old today. Made some great runs and a very nice cross for Reyes for our second goal. Now please can he stay injury free.

Lauren looked quite good going forward and really the whole back four did a very solid job. Cygan wa fairly good exept he probably gave away a pen early on. Cygan almost scored without even trying to. :lol: Kolo made a few nice tackles and was just his usual self. Cole was also very good and managed to get forward and hit the bar on one one occasion.

Jens i thought had a fairly good game as well. Wasnt heaps for him to do. Made a few nice saves inculding one from a dificult freekick which he handled nicley. He seems to have relaxed a bit. I think some of the pressue has fallen of his shoulders a bit as well. It was always going to be very hard for him in his first season replacing the great David Seaman.

On TV all i could hear was the Arsenal fans. They really did sound great and i heared the Vieira song sung twice. Those who were at the game are to be congratulated.

Was good to get four different goal scorers as well.

Well done lads a fairly solid performance to start of the season.

My man of the match is

Dennis Bergkamp. Just how good is he mainly in the first half.

AdamT

Flamini looked a bit underdone though, especially compared to cesc. probably take him a while, hopefully he gets a lot of cup games and develops into the next vieira

KingReyes

Established Member
Good all round performance yesterday, really pleased for Freddy who played very well and I'm confident if he can remain match fit he can put in more performances like that and give us more options. Dennis was class all over, he really is something special and will be so hard to replace.

Cesc looked awesome, he has what it takes to become World Class and I'm really looking forward to see how he does in an EPL match with Vieira alongside him. Henry looked good considering his lack of match fitness and the understanding between him and Reyes seems alot better than last season.

Ridge

lewdikris said:
And some muppet thinks Henry was getting annoyed with him? Again: jesus. Get a grip.
Not sure bout that though. I saw Henry shaking his head, muttering when he was leaving the pitch. Maybe a little bit disappointed that he didnt join the score sheet huh?

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom