• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 21/01/06

jester

Established Member
well it took all day, but i think i have some positives (dont crucify me):
1. gilbert looks solid
2. diaby played and got stuck in
3. no.2 ^ means that players that are **** (not to name any names GILBERTO) now have competition for places. the purchase of theo, no matter how young, will mean freddie and bobby also have to pull their fingers out their arses. they should know theo is versatile and any more weak games and theo may be given a run out. And he has a point to prove.
4. surely now wenger must see 4-5-1 doesnt work, and if he doesnt, someone should tell him

pat rice: erm..... Arsène.... about that formation.... its ****.
Wenger: oh ok... thought it was ok myself.
pat rice: no... its ****.

but then again, i've been hoping he'd realise for a while.

jameske

What's point of f*kin watching away games anymore!? As soon as we let in a goal, you know we've lost!

4-5-f*CKING 1: BURN IT IN HELL!!! :evil: Should be against the law to use use that f*cking peice of SH*T f*cked up Formation!

jester

Established Member
we've scored less away than sunderland. nice little fact.
wenger's reasoning for 4-5-1 is too steady the defence, but in the past our defence was aided by a strong firing offence which is non existant away from home.
the way i see it - when theo is ready for a debut, adebayor is back and v.persie is fit, wenger cant help but play 2 up front.
when all fit we have 5 strikers. 5 into 1 doesnt go.

Tegh

Established Member
****ing Ljungberg, he shoots it straight at the goalie from 6 yards out. That is a ****ing travesty.

What **** defending for their goal. Two on one ffs.

Tegh

Established Member
Watching MOTD right now, haven't been in to watch it on TV until now.

Fabregas shot straight at the keeper was piss poor too.
Oh my God, the pass back he did went straight to Beattie, lmfao.. Good job Beattie missed. How the hell did Henry get called offside when he was 3 yards on? What crap linesmanship. Just watched Pires do the most * of all flicks inside his own half when he could have just ran forward with the pitch. He flicks it BEHIND him and straight to an Everton player.

TOP ****ING BOY FABREGAS!
Cahill was bang out of order going for Henry like that and I now have even more respect for Cesc after what he did. Top ****ing boy!!!!

A

Anonymous

ljungberg at right back was classic , and diaby up front

ohhh and dont let me start on pires's game today , ill be here all week

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Yep, looks like the away bug strikes again. This Jeckyll and Hyde season is really disappointing this **** out of me, as I'm sure it is for every other member here. I just can't get my head around it.

Everything I am about to say has surely been repeated before.

Gilberto was dreadful again. ****e passes, ****e control and ****e awareness. It seems everytime he touched the ball it ended up with Everton on way or the other. But our passing in general was absolute crap which is the basis of our game.

Henry had a shocker too. He couldn't make a pass either and I don't recall him making any useful runs or anything. He was incorrectly whistled for offside in the first half where he was almost a mile onside which astounded me. Somrthing could've, and should've, come from that.

Pires and Ljungberg lacked influence in the game as did Reyes. In the end, just a game where we had no one to grab the team from the scruff of the neck and lift us up a few levels that Vieira used to. Fabregas can not do it........yet.

And just on Fabregas, as I have read in a few of the posts I have seen already, is the only player with the exception of Gilbert who can hold their heads high with their performance. He played a good game in the midfield and practically carried Gilberto. Let's hope this Diaby fella can make a mark in the future because I can see these two forming a formidable partnership.

BUT I WANT A FORMIDABLE PARTNERSHIP NOW GOD DAMNIT!

jaguars4ever

Re: almost not quite

Football Ninja said:
Theo is Theo and thats not to insult overmars but he will be bett...
Overmars was World Class. So you can't be better than that...just different. Hopefully, Theo will aspire to reach that level.

Tom Jackson

It was such a poor performance today, I can't really think of anyone who stood out. For me the midfield is too weak, I just dont see where all the hype around Fabregas comes from, what does he actually do? He also seems to lack any kind of pace and his pasing has been extremely poor. Same for Gilberto really, the number of times he gave the ball away was frightening. Was Pires playing....?

I don't want to be too negative but the same applies for Senderos, everytime I watch him he seems very nervous and gets outmuscled all the time. I'm not convinced by him at all.

I'm a big fan of Hleb and he was great before he got injured but lately his passing has been erratic. Such a good player but not showing his true potential. He does need players to make runs infront of him though or he just holds the ball too long.

We did have a few players out but I doubt whether the result would have been much different otherwise. Sam allardyce said he knows how to play against us and other teams are doing the same, Everton didn't give us any time on the ball and played long balls over the top which we couldn't deal with.

It's hard to draw too many positives from the game, apart from Gilbert of course who had a solid game after settling down. To be honest I have no idea what the answer is, but I would at least like to see us compete with the opposing team in terms of determination and courage.

karan kansal

OneProudGooner said:
We have the most frustrating fans on this board EVER.
I think I'll stay away from this rattle bearing board whenever we lose from now on.

That will be a good idea sir. Now off you go.

karan kansal

MK5 said:
http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,1766_965476,00.html

I love our manager but can he really not hear how pathetic this make our club sound? Does he really think our opponents are gonna care HOW they win against us?

Pure Wenger whining. BUt he got one thing right. All games agsint weak teams will be the same. And he wants our players to be more muscular. Well he can tell that to his daisies Pires and Gilberto.

kel varnsen

Established Member
wenger is becoming a joke. ffs, the main reason we were so fekkin useless was this nonsical 4-5-1 crap. i still say, if we don't finish in the top 4, sack wenger. these three recent signings don't make any difference whatsoever....

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Arsène needs to review his policy in choosing starting XI for aways games, especially with CMs. Fabregas should not start in away games, as opponent teams try to beat us in the air in the middle of the park. Hopefully Diaby can be ready for the next away game and team up with Gilberto. Note that I am not blaming Cesc, I am just giving the point. Picking the duo also indicates opponent sides that Arsenal are expecting physical away game. An indication "the due will beat you in the middle of the park, while the players on the front will beat you in the final third with Arsenal's typical dazzling movements.

JazzG

Established Member
Tegh said:
How, JazzG can you say we've only strengthened for the future when you've not even seen our new signings in an Arsenal shirt yet? Don't mention the age, because these guys are expected to make an impact soon. I see where you're coming from, but it's not fair to say that until we've seen them play a few games for us.

I admire your optimism towards our new signings. But if you think 2 players who couldn't get into the first team (for whatever reason) for their club in France will make a big immediate impact then I'm not quite sure what to think, you might be disappointed is all I will say. Also Walcott has never played a PL game so is unproven at this level as well. These players were bought for next season and the seasons after. Nobody more than me wants them to make a huge impact this season, I'm praying for it to happen but I've had my hopes dashed too many times in the past expecting too much from players so I'm a lot more realistic these days.

Hleb was running the show at a pretty good Stuttgart team and he has so far made not made the impact expected, albeit injuries haven't helped but he has looked pretty poor since he has come back from his knee operation, did look very good before it though.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom