• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | 21/01/06

dougk

JazzG said:
Hleb was running the show at a pretty good Stuttgart team and he has so far made not made the impact expected, albeit injuries haven't helped but he has looked pretty poor since he has come back from his knee operation, did look very good before it though.

I think a moajor thing to do with that was it was his first major injury. It may take him a whille to get back on track, he has been really good for us before the injury and i think it will take him another week or 2 to get back into his form.

What anoyes me about that match was it should have been 2-0. Freddie hade an easy tap in, you can say he was on his wrong foot but that was our best chance of the game. I was really happy with gilbert, he was the best player for us.

A

Anonymous

Tom Jackson said:
It was such a poor performance today, I can't really think of anyone who stood out. For me the midfield is too weak, I just dont see where all the hype around Fabregas comes from, what does he actually do? He also seems to lack any kind of pace and his pasing has been extremely poor. Same for Gilberto really, the number of times he gave the ball away was frightening. Was Pires playing....?

I don't want to be too negative but the same applies for Senderos, everytime I watch him he seems very nervous and gets outmuscled all the time. I'm not convinced by him at all.

I'm a big fan of Hleb and he was great before he got injured but lately his passing has been erratic. Such a good player but not showing his true potential. He does need players to make runs infront of him though or he just holds the ball too long.

We did have a few players out but I doubt whether the result would have been much different otherwise. Sam allardyce said he knows how to play against us and other teams are doing the same, Everton didn't give us any time on the ball and played long balls over the top which we couldn't deal with.

It's hard to draw too many positives from the game, apart from Gilbert of course who had a solid game after settling down. To be honest I have no idea what the answer is, but I would at least like to see us compete with the opposing team in terms of determination and courage.

"To be honest I have no idea what the answer is"- Sack the bastard who has taken the team to this. Get rid of Gilberto , Senderos and Lundjberg. Bench Henry & SOL

In essence, buy quality players. Until then, continue seeing these shoite displays and keep listening to Wengers excuses. What was it again today- THE F$%%%%G SUN!!!!!!

ozgooner

i think thats the last home game i view for a while, due to the extreme frustration i endured that night from that very ordinary performance of the arse last night i let a few loud profanities goat about 12:30am which offended my neighbours who in turn called the police so this morning i had a visit from the local cops telling me if it ever happens again i will be charged with disturbing the peace or something like that. they said yelling sentances out loudly along the lines of, Shoot the ball you f**king c**t, How the f**k was that red and the other c**t only got a yellow and numerous What the f**k was that, comments really upset my neighbours(cant understand why :roll: ) so no more watching away games me think, now im off to apologise to the neighbours.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i'm not denying that sometimes nature's factor can really have a go at us ie: sun in the eyes etc. but in the second half the sun was in everton's eyes but still we didn' take the chance from there.

so it's a pure crap performance i would like to say.

Tegh

Established Member
JazzG said:
Tegh said:
How, JazzG can you say we've only strengthened for the future when you've not even seen our new signings in an Arsenal shirt yet? Don't mention the age, because these guys are expected to make an impact soon. I see where you're coming from, but it's not fair to say that until we've seen them play a few games for us.

I admire your optimism towards our new signings. But if you think 2 players who couldn't get into the first team (for whatever reason) for their club in France will make a big immediate impact then I'm not quite sure what to think, you might be disappointed is all I will say. Also Walcott has never played a PL game so is unproven at this level as well. These players were bought for next season and the seasons after. Nobody more than me wants them to make a huge impact this season, I'm praying for it to happen but I've had my hopes dashed too many times in the past expecting too much from players so I'm a lot more realistic these days.

Hleb was running the show at a pretty good Stuttgart team and he has so far made not made the impact expected, albeit injuries haven't helped but he has looked pretty poor since he has come back from his knee operation, did look very good before it though.
I think Wenger will get the best out of our new signings soon, they're for the future but I believe they can make an immediate impact. They can't be worse than Gilberto and Freddie this season, they've ****ed our season up big time. Walcott was good in the Championship for what little he played, and it will be interesting to see how he copes in the Premiership so early.

Hleb seemed to have started off well, but as you say, injuries put an end to that. He doesn't seem to want to take people on or take shots like he did at Stuttgart, and I can only think that's because Henry and Wenger have said something about it to him. That's really ****ing disappointing.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
reyes123 said:
http://www.football-forever.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18382#post18382

Everton vs Arsenal Highlights

Gutted we lost yesterday, we just dont have the physical prescence we need for games like Everton without the likes of Campbell or Viera

believe me, sol looked like a small child compared to senderos and gilbert yesterday. i personally think it's the midfield area that needs reconstruction the most.

agree on vieira though. even if he didnt play at his best, his presence seemed to motivate everyone around him. when will we see a player like that :cry: (cesc has that quality but he's too young yet to make the seniors feel motivated enough).

mrsvanpersie

bojed said:
believe me, sol looked like a small child compared to senderos and gilbert yesterday. i personally think it's the midfield area that needs reconstruction the most.

You mean: "I personally think it's the midfield area that needs URGENT reconstruction the most."

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
mrsvanpersie said:
bojed said:

You mean: "I personally think it's the midfield area that needs URGENT reconstruction the most."

you know it's hard for me to disagree with you right :p

Tegh

Established Member
bojed officially has the coolest avatar ever. I've seen it for over a week now, and I still love the little guy.

Gilberto needs out, Pires and Freddie need to go, or pull their finger out.

The_Prince007

Tegh said:

Let's sack them then!! :) Man these 3 are pathetic!! :x
I was so enraged that i almost broke my toe for kicking the ****in door!!! :cry:
Has anyone seen a worst performance than this?? :(

IBL

Established Member
I'm sure Bojed stole that avi from the Blur Video to their song "Coffee and TV" :)

PolishGooner

"The first half was difficult for our defenders because we had the sunshine to contend with and a lot of long balls from Everton. The sun was in our eyes and many times it looked as if our defenders not to have seen the ball or seen it late."

hahaha.gif

hahaha.gif

hahaha.gif

hahaha.gif

hahaha.gif

Gurgen

Established Member
The sun. Jesus.

I'm getting sick and tired of these excuses. Everton are ****e and we should have beaten them. Very simple.

jaguars4ever

dougk said:
What anoyes me about that match was it should have been 2-0. Freddie hade an easy tap in, you can say he was on his wrong foot but that was our best chance of the game. I was really happy with gilbert, he was the best player for us.
Freddy's lost all his confidence in front of goal, I'm afraid. He's missed two gorgeous chances against Boro last week as well.

---

The_Prince007 said:
Tegh said:

Let's sack them then!! :) Man these 3 are pathetic!! :x
I was so enraged that i almost broke my toe for kicking the f*n door!!! :cry:
Has anyone seen a worst performance than this?? :(
That's a little extreme, but they definately all need to be dropped....for a good long time - allowing them to pause for reflection and get their act together.

Dennis, Robin, Jose, Hleb, Walcott, Ade and Diaby should be be rotated in place of these "Three Stooges."

jeromelee

Somehow I expected a tough match form Everton. Just didn't expect us to lose. Our midfield is really disorganized lately it's scary. Gilberto really needs to be given some time off. And Sol looked like a kid being pushed around. I thought Djourou did a great job before. Why not give him some time on the field. And really, enough of Freddie, he's totally lost his confidence in front of goal. And Pires was back to his usual useless self.

Cesc was again great. Gilbert did well. Henry again didn't show he's captain material.

I would like to see this line-up one day.

Lehmann,
Lauren, Toure, Senderos, Cole,
Wilcott, Cesc, Diaby, Reyes,
RvP, Henry

Subs: Almunia, Hleb, Flamini, Djourou, Lupoli

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom