• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 04/03/06

JazzG

Established Member
Good win for us but don't get carried away, we need to keep this form going. We are much better than the teams around us but me saying that doesn't mean we will finish above them, we have to put the hard work on the pitch

Good to hear Hleb had a good match, his form has really picked up and I'm pleased for him. People were calling him a flop a couple weeks ago but after seeing him at the start of the season for us I felt he had what it takes to do well for us and after his injury he lost form but good to see him back in the grove. Good to hear Freddie doing well but he still hasn't got a PL goal this season, shocking considering he is a goal scoring midfielder! But as long as he puts in good performances I don't care if he scores or not.

Asterix

Established Member
Very happy. Thumping win, no injuries, rest for Cesc, and even Thierry came off a bit early.

Well done lads - bring on Madrid.

XWA

You guys I've just seen the highlights of the match and I have to say I'm pleased with outcome and this is a result we REALLY needed, but after seeing this match it confirms the fact that we need players that can create space and open up the defence. This match was great, but Fulham played very bad. There were some nice passes from the team, not sublime, but good. At blackburn we lost, because aparently they played a british style. I have no idea what that means, but that is what Wenger said a few days after the match. Arsenal is having difficulties playing against clubs playing a british style. Anywhy fact is that we play good when we've got a lot of space, look at the matches we've won and lost then you'll notice it. I hope we get a new player in the summer, a defensive midfielder like diarra would be really nice. Also players are losing a bit of cutting edge, there were many chances to make this a 7-0, but Adebayor didn't finish and also Ljungberg is a bit hessitating or is it me? Still the team played great. Hleb looked lively, Henry looked super, Fab netted a goal. Diaby is indeed a bit of an attacking player, still looked strong, but far from being a Vieira, but still got time to develop he looks like a great player.

P.S. This is a caution post not to b*tch about the team, even though there might be a lot of b*tching, LOL. Future looks good and would be even better if we added an extra star player. Hope we trash Madrid, be 4th at least and finally win a Champions League tropy for Hightbury and Dennis. No matter what happens I'm still proud of the team even though this isn't the best of seasons

James

Established Member
Very encouraging performance today. Play like we did today, and we'll carve Madrid apart i feel.

Our support today was brilliant. Did anyone on their way back see the car floating in the thames? Provided a few laughs.

KingReyes

Established Member
James said:
Very encouraging performance today. Play like we did today, and we'll carve Madrid apart i feel.

Mate, the support was brilliant. You were well heard on the TV, did our supporters have the whole stand behind the goal or just a section of it?

P.S I found the Adebayor chant to the tune of 'Pompey Chimes' rather funny. Any other good songs that were heard today?

Viper

Established Member
KingReyes said:
James said:

Mate, the support was brilliant. You were well heard on the TV, did our supporters have the whole stand behind the goal or just a section of it?

P.S I found the Adebayor chant to the tune of 'Pompey Chimes' rather funny. Any other good songs that were heard today?
Whats the Adebayor chant?

nazo

Established Member
There was this Arsène Wenger chant too. The supporters were actually heard loud and clear.

Liberace

yeh saw the whole 90 minutes today and i can tell you Hleb is very tough guy! Fulham players were finding it tough to outmuscle him off the ball.

but what i really like about him is that he's starting to make his driving runs forward again and actually having an end product.

well played!

Kenyonhater

theodore said:
yeh saw the whole 90 minutes today and i can tell you Hleb is very tough guy! Fulham players were finding it tough to outmuscle him off the ball.
!

Maybe all his gym work during his injury lay-off is beginning to pay off. If the guy can hold off strong challenges he's got the skill to become a fantastic player for us.

Meek

I didnt get to watch the match so can somebody please PM me the highlights. thanks a lot.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Good performance, although not unexpected considering how Fulham played. They let us play our game as Real Madrid did, and consequently we won both those games. Perhaps it may have been a different story if the likes of Diop had been available.

But great to get an away win, and a big one at that. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say we could have hit double figures in this game, it was great to see us create so many chances yet frustrating to see so many squandered again. But all in all, a good game to have ahead of the Real 2nd leg, where I think we will need to take every chance we get.

Man of the match - definitely Henry for me, he was top class and good to see him go off early to avoid injury. We really need him to be at his best again in midweek.

chandraraj

a great result. a classic arsenal performance when opponents want to play football with us. fulham let us control the middle-of-the park and paid a heavy price.

siddharth

Superb performance. Once we figure out how to play against extremely physical teams we will have a worldclass team.I was pissed with the commentator Tony Gale who was *****ing about fulham letting Arsenal play their original game .On one occassion Martin Tyler said that this is Arsenal at their best and then that muppet Gale says , "yeah , arsenal at their best only coz they were allowed to". :roll:

FFS give our team some credit. The obssession of pundits about Arsenal' so called susceptibilty to physical sides is so intense that they keep looking for it in every match we play.

choi12911

siddharth said:
Superb performance. Once we figure out how to play against extremely physical teams we will have a worldclass team.I was pissed with the commentator Tony Gale who was *****ing about fulham letting Arsenal play their original game .On one occassion Martin Tyler said that this is Arsenal at their best and then that muppet Gale says , "yeah , arsenal at their best only coz they were allowed to". :roll:

FFS give our team some credit. The obssession of pundits about Arsenal' so called susceptibilty to physical sides is so intense that they keep looking for it in every match we play.

Yeah I heard it too. What a punk. We are winning just because we are allowed to? So teams now should just get all physical, break a few bones here and there to beat Arsenal? Is that what football is about? What a muppet.

Except for Flamini and Freddie, nobody in our starting line-up were vulnerable to physical play. We had Diaby and Gilberto in the middle, Henry and Ade in the forward positions, Kolo and Senderos in the CB positions. Other than those two, I'd say our team was as physical as a team can get. So why not give Arsenal some credit for a decisive away win?

Fulham couldn't get physical because we had bigger better players FFS!!

zerofeel

Great win for us but Fulham made it easier for us by allowing us to play...was suprised to see so much space given to us after weeks of enduring long negative tactics from our opponents.Good result going into the madrid game...Well done lads.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom