• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 29/11/06

americanarf

Established Member
JazzG said:
hujja said:
JazzG said:
Henry's goal was world class and was on side

Nah mate. He was offside.

Nope it definitely was onside, I've seen a channel slow it down so it goes frame by frame and Henry was level with the last defender

it looked level i thought not being biased but then when Boa Monte scored his disallowed goal is also looked level.

Gurgen

Established Member
No mate, Boa Morte was 5 yards offside and Henry was level.

I wonder what those linesmen are thinking sometimes. There is no way, Henry, the best striker in the world, would have wandered offside in that position. Similar to Ade at Anfield last season, when some linesman thought that a 32-year-old Pires would make the wrong decision in that situation :roll:

Officials have no feeling for the game these days.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
So today we reverted back to 4-4-2 and I hope the those *****i* and whigni about 4-5-1 can sometimes see the vulnerability of a 4-4-2. We got overrun..its not justa bout physique its also about numbers. Toure/Senderos spent most of the time supporting our full backs...

Maybe you didn't who were playing in that 4-4-2. Your idea is to play 4-5-1 to compensate for the lack of presence in midfield yeah?

We have no midfield. Wenger has to buy a box to box tackling player and a proper left winger. Simple as that.

Then why the f* would you advocate for a formation that you KNOW we don't have the personnel for? Yes, formation depends on the players you have also..so obviously if you think we need a proper winger and box to box midfielder..first..then preach for that instead of yapping on the 4-4-2.

Gurgen

Established Member
Your beloved 4-5-1 suits our current players even less than 4-4-2 though. I'd rather stick to our principles and lose than play boring football and lose.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Your beloved 4-5-1 suits our current players even less than 4-4-2 though. I'd rather stick to our principles and lose than play boring football and lose.

Well we did stick to those principles/formation of yours yesterday and got outplayed(for the first time this season). But am sure at least you enjoyed our performance.

Viper

Established Member
No, we played 442 in the first half but as Cesc came on we switched to 451.

Flamini and Song were schooled on many occasions by the Fulham players. Although I'm aware the whole team played ****e, I thought those two were the worst of the bunch.

sabret00the

Established Member
You can't write off a 4-4-2 unless you've tested it with Cesc in the side for a sustained run. **** knows why it can't even get a run of 90 minutes atm.

sabret00the

Established Member
Captain said:
we've tested it with Cesc for a whole season.
Cesc was a different player then. He's matured a lot. don't get me wrong, i think we need to make at least one import before we can dominate with the formation but i do think Cesc, Gilberto, Hleb, Walcott could at least win against Fulham ffs.

Captain

Established Member
Maybe, but it is apparent that the experiences of last year have strengthened Wenger's resolve to play 4-5-1 (or whatever people call it).

I personally don't mind either formation; positives and negatives to both.

I think the display at Reading went some way towards further strengthening Wenger's resolve too.

Our most convincing display away from home in over a year?

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom