• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 29/11/06

henry79

Captain said:
hoyden said:
I don't know if this is off topic but are Senderos and Toure both out of the Chelsea game?

Yes, and cesc will be too if he gets a yellow against Sp**s.

If cesc gets a yellow card against Sp**s, he will miss the game after chelsea, i think its wigan but I am not sure

Captain

Established Member
henry79 said:
Captain said:
hoyden said:
I don't know if this is off topic but are Senderos and Toure both out of the Chelsea game?

If cesc gets a yellow card against Sp**s, he will miss the game after chelsea, i think its wigan but I am not sure

The ban comes into action seven days after the yellow card is given. Tottenham is saturday moring, while Chelsea is Sunday afternoon.

I'll double check this, but I am fairly sure it is correct.

RammiXP

Captain said:
hoyden said:

lol, we suck.

i just got in from a long day at work and found out the result (being in the US i can't listen to the radio for it). i was disappointed but not shocked or surprised which shows you how i feel about the team at the moment. i said the best we would do is a draw and that fulham where a much improved side and i hate to see that i was right.

Wenger needs to bring in some established players with expirence and stop with the youth for a bit. we have plenty of youth its now time for a few older heads to even the teams balance out.

I feel all our problems are due to naivety and lack of exiprience in certain situations and a few additions in that regard can go a long way to resolving this.

jc8gooner

Haven't posted on here for ages, but after watching the last few games, feel the need to get involved again so here goes.....

1) I don't think our squad itself is the problem. In defence, we now have 4 good central defenders and cover at full backs. Midfield, providing everyone is fit, we are suitably covere, though we are relying on Fabregas a lot. Up front, with Henry, Van Persie, Adebayor and others, we are not light either.

I don't think we particularly need to bring players in is what I'm trying to say. Though quite large, our squad has been put together over the last 18-24 months and is therefore quiet new. Players like Rosicky, Baptista, Walcott, Adebayor still need time to adapt to the Premiership.

2) I was a bit surprised by Wenger's team selection today.Firstly, Eboue and Clichy are both good full-backs. Hoyte is capable but not first-choice. Flamini at LB.......he hasn't played there for a while and has stated that he wants to play midfield. This is his natural position (see game against Liverpool). I understand the need to rest Fabregas for the next 3 games (all huge), and don't mind that Wenger did so today. Why not therefore play Gilberto and Flamini in the middle? Song has never really impressed and I struggle to remember him having a decent performance in the first team. Last year, I think it was against Doncaster in the CC, he barely came up to standard. Wenger must see something in the lad though, so booing him is hardly constructive.....

I do not mind him playing 4-4-2......in fact I often beg him to play that way, esp at home. However, perhaps with a rookie midfielder such as Song, 4-5-1 might have been better.

3) Its all very depressing losing to Fulham for the first time in 40 years. However, not many have noticed that Fulham actually played quite well tonight. It did not really seem like some of our other games this season when we have dominated massively but failed to take all 3 points. Fulham competed with us......and perhaps deserved to win.

4) Lets look on the bright side. We should have a good chance of beating Sp**s on Saturday. First, we'll have to in order to prove our doubters wrong. Secondly, we'll be back at near full-strenght I imagine. Thirdly, we are unbeaten at the Emirates, whereas Sp**s' away record is abysmal....

5) Though the title is beyond reach, 3rd spot, plus another good CL run, and hopefully one of the domestic cups would not represent a disastrous season. Of course, we want to win the league every year, but we might just have to accept that we are not as good as we were 2 or 3 years ago. A lot of our best players from then have moved on, and so must we.

6) At least those close to us in the league....villa, bolton, pompey, liverpool etc didn't win tonight......

On reflection, its looks like it'll be another season of ups and downs (already we have beaten liverpool and manure, but lost to 4 supposedly inferior sides). However, we as fans must stay behind the team and the manager, and hope the next 3 games bring more success.

(sorry, meant to post this in here....)

DC Gunner

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
in relation to your points - and trust me i am just as disappointed as you, but....

Over the last 2 seasons, when we went on runs without conceding it's usually when senderos plays with toure. I felt he was unlucky to get sent off against fulham.
Actually I don't blame him for the send off perse as I don't think he had much choice in having to make the tackle, but he was the one who let the attacker go by him in the first place.

I noticed that he has some clumsiness in his steps and passes, and that is not exactly what one expects from a CB, I personally was delighted when we got Gallas since I expected Gallas-Toure pairing would be more formidable.

Henry playing left wing, i don't kow if we played 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 but a lot of fans have been asking why he doesn't go on the left anymore. what do we really want?he can't be everywhere
He was totally going to the left, penetrating from the left and passing from the left, passes that got to no Arsenal Players since there did not seem to be anyone waiting for them

Flamini is not a worthy starter....thats why he doesn't usually start.
Yes and he never should be one

We need Ljungberg replaced.... but freddie never played today. His "replacement" is rosicky / Walcott / Van Persie. Even saying that Freddie is still a good player. last season wasn't one of his best but he was outstanding in the big games, like against real madrid and barcelona.
I think Walcott is the only one who can play Freddie's style since he seems to be the speediest one of the 3 you mentioned.

My points were a mix of my thoughts about this match in particular and the team in general.

PS: I am not sure what is going on with Lehman , but he is pulling an Almunia lately.

gunner_down_under

I see it like this :

After every game, we talk about how to make up ground and how Chelsea and Man Utd will drop points. But all I see now is a ruthless Man Utd crushing every team they play, and a Chelsea who're doing their usual undeserved 1-0's.

I just cant bring myself to care anymore really. **** CL, for me the league is more important! Well, with the current form, its not like we're going to be lifting the CL trophy anyway, and for ****s sakes, dont anyone start with the "oh it was the same last season and we went pretty close"....

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Artillero said:
Why the hell were the Arsenal supporters there tonight booing Song.

Its not his fault Wenger picks him. He may be rubish but I have / will never boo an Arsenal player not even Cole when he was with us.

Other points Hleb is half the player when Eboue is not their, they have a great partnership.

They didn't did they? it makes me sick when they do that to a teenager let alone a grown man . I wonder what the rest of the players think of that , why shoould they got to the supporters after the game when they do **** like that?

Hleb is not bad without Eboue as we have seen in the last few months but he is a lot more effective with him around . Makes you think that Reyes was doing a good job with no support behind him last year.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Is Eboue injured or was he just rested? And Clichy?
:shock: Both Senderos and Toure out of the Chelsea game?
Bloody hell, don't think I'm looking forward to that one much. Will Gallas be back?

Arsenal_FAN1983

Yes Gallas is back, so it will be a Djourou and Gallas partnership on that day. Not a bad one I must say I think Djourou is a good defender. :)

tbbosa

Very unhappy with the past few performances, but l believe we can get only better from here, we might have a better run in December.
Clearly 4-4-2 is no longer our formation while building a team around Cesc and those who have been crying out for that formation have to forget it, we just need to stick to 4-5-1 and work hard and will have a better chance at home and mostly in Europe, where it seems AW's focus has now moved, with the kind of players he is getting in, I trust he badly needs to win the Champion’s league.
Our biggest problem is lack of balance in the team, Henry and Van Parsie can always interchange during the game for the lone striker position, and these need to constantly play together to master this switch. Toure and Gallas need more games together so as to gel and communicate better with the keeper. Clichy needs more time and he will come good as potentially he is a better player to Ashley Cole, Eboue and Helb should build their partnership further, unless we have injuries these should always start. Otherwise there isn’t a lot of wrong with our team. Though Gilberto I believe is another problem, we might need a better option (a ball winner and a better passer of the ball other than an interceptor, a Reo Cocker kind of player) but most here when it comes to Gilberto might not agree, so I will not go there for now. For me its just lack of balance in the team, that is killing us. Once we have that we have a chance and the best manager to get us out of this slump is AW, as he has done it before.

phil15

Seriously you have to call in to question the mentality and the personalities of some of the players in this side, the defence of inexperience can only get you so far, putting it bluntly too many are are fragile pussies. What were they expecting from fulham, for them to fall over and die, they got steam-rolled into submission last night and alot of the players need to wake up quickly.

Song was poor although how much worser was he than Flamini, who gave a number of limp-wristed performancs in CM this season.

Why does wenger rest players for games ****, most teams don't, there ****ing men and should be able to handle multiple game ffs, its there job. Things weren't helped by having 2 makeshift full-backs, in a high-intesity game, they both had nightmares in the first half, esp Flamini who looked like he was in a parallel universe.

one absolute ****ty performance, the team is unbalanced and the players on the fringes are simply not good enough to cover.

LeRon

Ok, I didn't get to see the game but when we attacked down the channels were there guys running into the middle of the box or anywhere in the box? Or did they hit that invisible wall that surrounds the opponents penalty area like they did against Bolton? If the players are going to hang around on the edge of the area hadn't they better let the guy belting it down the wing know so he can pull it back instead of aimlessly flashing into the grateful keepers' arms!?!?

marco

I have no idea what wenger is talking about.

we were woeful last night, absolutely bollocks.,.
we deserved to lose by 3 or 4 i think i would have preferred to have lost 4 or 5-1 because then we wouldnt have got the bullshit.

only one person deserves not to be slated and thats van persie, mainly due to the fact he is the only player to create anything..
i.e the backflick to gilberto)
that is the worst we have played in a long time...

we will be the laughing stock of north london come 3.00 saturday...maybe then we might wake up and realise that players like flamini, song and senderos are not good enough for arsenal

marco

The biggest mugs though- were the 5,500 travelling arsenal fans who gave a good account of themselves, signing the whole game and had to pay 40 quid to watch that pile of ****.

they should be ashamed of themselves

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The post match talk,Arsène of cause does not go against his team but to say its the fixture list hmmmmm how about Man United ,Chelsea, ---.
Arsène must come up with something better then that ....

Gurgen

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
So today we reverted back to 4-4-2 and I hope the those *****i* and whigni about 4-5-1 can sometimes see the vulnerability of a 4-4-2. We got overrun..its not justa bout physique its also about numbers. Toure/Senderos spent most of the time supporting our full backs...

Maybe you didn't who were playing in that 4-4-2. Your idea is to play 4-5-1 to compensate for the lack of presence in midfield yeah?

We have no midfield. Wenger has to buy a box to box tackling player and a proper left winger. Simple as that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
if diaby came and revealed the ability to make use of his large frame and the ability to tackle, he'd be the answer to all our prayers. i really hope he's used his time away productively. could be like a new signing in january.

diaby, song, flamini, denilson. somebody's got to step up from that group or we'r doomed. they are the reasons i reckon wenger wont sign another cm.

Army of Me

Established Member
sabret00the said:
>YounGunner< said:
...I dont care...
done, now STFU!
Sabre, stop abusing your power.

YounGunner's comments weren't the greatest but they were knee jerk, said in the heat of the moment.

A few comments out of thousands of good ones does not qualify a user to be demoted.

Use some common sense next time.

I've promoted him again.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom