• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Fulham vs Arsenal | 29/11/06

Captain

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
if diaby came and revealed the ability to make use of his large frame and the ability to tackle, he'd be the answer to all our prayers. i really hope he's used his time away productively. could be like a new signing in january.

diaby, song, flamini, denilson. somebody's got to step up from that group or we'r doomed. they are the reasons i reckon wenger wont sign another cm.

I think the best one (for this seaon anyway) is on loan at Birmingham.

patrick42uk

Established Member
muamba? could be right, because we depsrately lack a player of his ilk. i cant see how he will be any worse than flamini.

seriously, having technical players is good but there has surely got to be a balance. especially for this league. wenger more than anyone should know this because he started the trend of bringing athletic but technically gifted players to this league.

i remember something redknapp said a few seasons back, that you stand in the tunnel and you look at the arsenal team all big and imposing and you were already beaten. clearly not the case now.

Captain

Established Member
In terms of potential I feel Diaby is the best, but Muamba is a little different and is perhaps now a better player too.

I don't understand why we made Song's loan move permanent. Never have, but maybe I will in the future.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i havent seen much of muamba to be honest, but i understand the qualities he has.

french football has a lot of these young 'complete' midfielders i.e physically and technically competent. theres this guy called matuidi that plays for troyes that i'm liking the look of, all action and a decent passer.

Although he has no immediate plans to move to England, Matuidi did confess that Arsenal held a special place in his heart.

He said: "Arsenal are my favourite club. They build, thanks to youngsters.

"And to me, Arsène Wenger is the best coach in the world."

i really hope in diaby and song we have the two with the most potential. its too early to tell though because this league is difficult. for a long time i thought manuel fernandes was the answer but he hasnt had the best of times at portsmouth so far.

sparky44

Its not the fact we lost that hurts me, its the manner in which we lose that really winds me up. If everybody gave 100% in every game I couldn't care less if we win or lose because I know each and player gave their all. You cant ask for any more - thats the most important thing right? But all of a sudden these guys have just lost the ability to believe in themselves. Its almost like they just couldn't be bothered after that second goal went in. That really ****s me off man.

The worrying thing is that you cant teach that to players, so don't give me that 'learning' crap. You are even born with it or you don't have it - Hence the same style of defeat each and everytime. If they don't show it now, they never will. And that is just not on man. I would rather support a mediocre arsenal that gave their all each and every game then a arsenal team with unlimited potential who are just bone idol (the inability to defend set-pieces every bloody game) and just plain lazy.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i haven watched any of this match yesterday as my country have no live telecast of this week's epl. but i am very unhappy that we lost one of our easiest fixture. we have traditionally done well in london darbies, and this defeat led me to thinking: will this season be worst than the previous???

i cant think of any trophy we can win currently. and we must stop conceding goals, esp from corners

GlasGreenGunner

Really gutted at this scoreline and the way that Merson was describing it last night.
Sounded shocking.
Haven't seen anything of the game, so will leave any further comments until then.

But by god, they need to get a grip and start bloody winning starting against that shower of mince at weekend.

henry79

sparky44 said:
Its not the fact we lost that hurts me, its the manner in which we lose that really winds me up. If everybody gave 100% in every game I couldn't care less if we win or lose because I know each and player gave their all. You cant ask for any more - thats the most important thing right? But all of a sudden these guys have just lost the ability to believe in themselves. Its almost like they just couldn't be bothered after that second goal went in. That really ****s me off man.

The worrying thing is that you cant teach that to players, so don't give me that 'learning' crap. You are even born with it or you don't have it - Hence the same style of defeat each and everytime. If they don't show it now, they never will. And that is just not on man. I would rather support a mediocre arsenal that gave their all each and every game then a arsenal team with unlimited potential who are just bone idol (the inability to defend set-pieces every bloody game) and just plain lazy.

true,the players heads dropped when we conceded the first goal, this team can only play well if they score first, they dont have the strength to come back from a goal down and the captain is not much of help in those sorts of situation. there is no leader in the team who the young players can look up to when we're not at our best.

the main problem is, there is no fight in this team they are jumping out of tackeles and moaning all the time . we need a physical presence in the midfield and it would be also be excellent if he is ENGLISH, MUAMBA ANYONE !!!!!!!!!

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
So today we reverted back to 4-4-2 and I hope the those *****i* and whigni about 4-5-1 can sometimes see the vulnerability of a 4-4-2. We got overrun..its not justa bout physique its also about numbers. Toure/Senderos spent most of the time supporting our full backs...

Maybe you didn't who were playing in that 4-4-2. Your idea is to play 4-5-1 to compensate for the lack of presence in midfield yeah?

We have no midfield. Wenger has to buy a box to box tackling player and a proper left winger. Simple as that.
QFT.

Army of Me

Established Member
sabret00the said:
WTF? abuse of power? did you read the process of events? you're repromoting someone who basically feels if their right to post utter s***e just because we lost? guess what we're not always going to win and guess what? that's what this power was given to us for.

what the f**k ever anyway.
LIke I said, and he even admitted it, it was a knee jerk reaction in the heat of the moment, if we start demoting people because of things like that then neither of us would be allowed to post here.

Seriously mate, engage your brain on these matters, we should demote users who either constantly post **** or just simply offer nothing to the forum, YounGunner qualifies for neither category.

Army of Me

Established Member
Yea you can laugh mate but you carry on demoting people for dumb-ass reasons and you'll turn a lot of folk away, making this place worse.

Tony Montana

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Army of Me said:
sabret00the said:
>YounGunner< said:
...I dont care...
done, now STFU!
Sabre, stop abusing your power.

YounGunner's comments weren't the greatest but they were knee jerk, said in the heat of the moment.

A few comments out of thousands of good ones does not qualify a user to be demoted.

Use some common sense next time.

I've promoted him again.
WTF? abuse of power? did you read the process of events? you're repromoting someone who basically feels if their right to post utter s***e just because we lost? guess what we're not always going to win and guess what? that's what this power was given to us for.

what the f**k ever anyway.

WTF Sabre! :lol:

You post utter ****e all the time yet I don't ask for you to be demoted. The constant new threads on things that can be posted in other threads, the knee-jerk Rosicky is not good enough all of a sudden posts, the let's buy Ribery for no reason posts and the famous 'we need Cole more than we need Henry' post.

Everyone is allowed an opinion. If YounGunner thinks Wenger is a prick then so be it. Most people will not agree but it's up to us to challenge him. It's better to do that than to just demote him because someone has a big ego. A simple series of, 'calm down' would be great but of course you had to threaten him with the 'I'll demote you' business straight away. It's a free country and we're on the Internet. If he said something racist, sexist, ageist, something against the disabled or anti-gay then fine, by all means demote him or better still in SOME cases, ban him. But to demote him for saying something YOU don't like is pathetic and childish.

And I can see you are angry because your ego has been crushed by Army of Me. Hence all the 'what the ****!' sentences. Now grow the **** up.

Ginger_Reyes

Everyone bemoaning changing the squad and including Song need to think about Cesc here. His only 19 and playing so so many games, he probably needed a rest. At least we now know Song isn't good enough for the Arsenal first team and hopefully Wenger knows that now.

On last nights game, I missed the first 15 mintues so haven't seen the goal, but the overall Arsenal quality we've come to expect just wasn't there. We were playing the long ball to much upto Henry way to much.

Hoyte shouldn't be in this side if the truth be known. We can't rely on youngsters to fill the gaps if were going to challenge domestically, but cups are a different story.

Whats going on with our defence, we were getting ripped to shreds at will. When a opposition player has the ball 3 arsenal players seem to swoop on him leaving gaps everywhere.

I feel the way we play football, when it doesn't go well and the confidence is draining, things that the players could do all day don't come off or they try not to attempt things. The amount of long balls was a joke. Hell the amount of attempts on goal was a joke. We look a totally different side to the one that won at reading and manu, which I think is mainly down to the results lately. Our football thrives on confidence and swagger, which I'm afraid we lost weeks ago.

I just hope Wenger can pull a rabbit out of the hat and inspire his team, some way, anyway, that they can win if they stick to there guns, because the way we played last night we could be in for a low few weeks.

gunner_down_under

YounGunner isn't a bad poster at all.....and if a few bad posts are enough for Demotion, then I know this favoured member wo spews **** out on quite a regular basis! lol

sparky44

Really we need to decide which two out of hleb rosicky and fabregas we need to keep. Its better for the balance of the team if only one player plays first team football and one play stays as back-up. We cannot go on any longer playing all three in midfield, it just isn't going to work. Sure it looks pretty and everything but its not going to be as effective. Thats why you see us getting rolled over the way we do against the likes of bolton, blackburn and will against chelsea (when we play them) There is no steel in midfield and I hate to say this but we are just too weak for the premiership.

I wish we could just transfer to the spanish league (la liga) we would be so much better off.

the dawn raids

Established Member
why was song started alongside gilberto anyway? whose great idea was that? being paired together was poison for both of them; gilberto couldnt string two 5 foot passes together to save his life and song was by all accounts lost out there. song was extremely poor, but i do think there were mitigating factors that made him look worse than he is. he did have a few decent touches (that through ball for flamini was superb); more than gilberto anyway while they were paired together.

id think its obvious to even the most casual football fan that playing two defensive midfielders isnt going to exactly set the field alight. if youre going to play gilberto or song and rest fabregas you move rosicky in and play walcott on the wing, or you leave rosicky on the wing and put baptista in the center, period. its really not rocket science.

id also think its obvious to anyone that watches arsenal with any consistency that as soon as you saw the team sheet you were hoping for a point at best. which is why i thought it was stupid to bring cesc on for 45. you give baptista another full night off yet the player that needs a break more than anyone gets another half? if youre going rest him you rest him; he was nothing special when he was out there anyway, and a full nights rest is what he should have gotten considering the next 11 days we have.

Ginger_Reyes

Sparky your right. I've said this before but our midfield is basically all central midfield players and a striker. We've no width and speed on the wings, everyone is is coming into the centre and trying to poo through the eye of a needle. I believe Rosicky should be given the nod ahead of Hleb.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom