• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | February 9th | KO: 15:00 |

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
We should put another ball carrier in mf instead one of the defenders and that would be enough. Not enough players that can keep the ball in this team.
I would honestly try Willock.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Thought it was a really poor half. 74% pass success rate kinda tells the story. Huddersfield apart from pressing high, don't really defend in numbers at the back. Should have made more of our opportunities count.

Huddersfield won't score unless someone of our defense do some f,*k ups

mustafiaguero0103abcd.jpg

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
If Mkhi could find some confidence boost and form we'd be massively helped. He has for the most part nailed some aspects but screws it up.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Midfield has seen a huge drop in technical ability since the loss of Santi and the ousting of Özil. Players brought in, for all their qualities, are not at the level required to deal with ball retention under pressure and tight play.

Torreira cannot do it, Guendouzi doesn’t have it but here’s hoping he can get more agile with body & ball, and let’s not talk about Xhaka.

That's not it. We've been getting overrun in midfield for years.

That has more to do with how we set up our midfield and the tactics we play rather than who plays.

Nearly none of our midfielders actually sit in midfield for 90 minutes and when they do go forward they pick the worst times to do so. Therefore when the opposition break it looks like they have acres of space in midfield to play through, which they do because we usually only have 1 midfield player actually in midfield at any given time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
24 league goals for Laca in half as many games as Giroud. Lovely stuff.

No one ever calls this guy out for bad performances. You lot actually think he was good at City? All he did anytime he got the ball was pass it straight to City player. Not to mention he's as slow as Giroud with the strength and physicality.

We basically paid 50+ million for a Giroud level striker.

If this guy had pace he'd be such a good player, I think the Premier league is too fast for him. Every game he looks like he's trying way too hard to keep up with the game and is exhausted by the 60th minute. It's why he always gets benched.

I don't think he's a step up on Giroud.

say yes

forum master baiter
Is RWB still AMN's best position or should he be moving centrally? I think I like him here but he won't displace Bellerin. What do we do with him? He should be playing a lot more, imo.

RWB has never been his best position, he’s a CM. Only playing out wide because Hector is out and he’s got the skill-set to make it work.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Özil wasn't ill today is the game for him too much spaces in thier defense but emery fault

.Furious

That's not it. We've been getting overrun in midfield for years.

That has more to do with how we set up our midfield and the tactics we play rather than who plays.

Nearly none of our midfielders actually sit in midfield for 90 minutes and when they do go forward they pick the worst times to do so. Therefore when the opposition break it looks like they have acres of space in midfield to play through, which they do because we usually only have 1 midfield player actually in midfield at any given time.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I am talking about possession football & play when freedom is given to the MF and forwards. For this set of players, tactics and set up needs to change to factor in how poor they are on the ball.

ptrcopp

Is RWB still AMN's best position or should he be moving centrally? I think I like him here but he won't displace Bellerin. What do we do with him? He should be playing a lot more, imo.

He has played a couple of games as RW and has looked good there too.
He has a good understanding of the game. I think he’ll be central eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom