PL: Leicester vs Arsenal | KO:17:30 | Saturday 9th November | Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Nov 6, 2019.

?

Which of these will happen first?

1. Emery loses his job

52.9%
  2. OnlyOne becomes a mod

17.1%
  3. Hydro receives an *actual* death threat

11.4%
  4. Makingtrax gives up on squad cost theory

2.9%
  5. GDeep finally gets nicked

7.1%
  6. Rich posts something positive

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

No they won't. Their manager has a system that let's the players play to their strengths while hiding their weaknesses. Like for Ndidi, technically average(hence why he missed the chance) but paired with guys like maddison who's technically good but physically weak. They mask each other's weaknesses.
    While we play Guendouzi with Xhaka who're basically the same player. Or with torreira while telling him to be more advanced when he can't pass to save his life.

It's the management that is the problem

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Did you see us when went 433 Leicester just controlled everything there a reason why we went 3412 we absolutely could have done better offensively but apart from Özil we had nobody that can make effort to make forward pass

3. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Fiesta's are actually good agree.

4. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

disagree with the idea that our squad is bad. structurally we are a disaster, the degree of difficulty in everything we do is too high. emery has needed the sack for a while now.

Red London and iamdaguy like this.
  5. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

At that moment, it is too late to play 433 because Leicester were 2-0 up and the home fans had us. State of the game is very important when you are implementing something. No matter what formation or tactic we played after 2-0, it would have made zero difference considering the form of the two teams.

Divided_Pie likes this.
  6. Martin Harvey

Martin Harvey Member

If Emery is still in charge after the international break the club need seriously looking at!

iamdaguy likes this.
  7. iamdaguy

iamdaguy Well-Known Member

For me that Watford performance should have done it. We made them look like prime Barcelona. In addition, the number of shots we face each game...

skience3, Fallout and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  8. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

2-0 defeats are just awful. They score, you can't respond and then they say 'have that, you mugs', and goodnight. Says you had nothing on the day.

9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Just as a comparison, Newcastle with one of the worst attacks in the league had 20 attempts on target today against Bournemouth. 9 shots on target.
    We had 8 attempts all game. 1 shot on target with Lacazette, Aubameyang, Özil.

Don't tell me it is even remotely a personnel issue. It's the outcome of the worst system/lack of system ever deployed by any team ever, considering the talent at his disposal.

skience3, krackpot, MLK79 and 3 others like this.
  10. yousif_arsenal

comunicado oficial tomorrow morning i predict

Jury likes this.
  11. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Emery interview omg

12. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Unless it's us with the 2-0 lead

Jury likes this.
  13. yousif_arsenal

The sad thing with us you just seeing it coming specially away from we can't respond

Jury likes this.
  14. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

As soon as we concede first these days you know we are done, have no faith we can comeback, especially away.

iamdaguy likes this.
  15. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

I expected a loss. I expected us to look a tiny bit more potent though.

Anyone else as bored as me watching this team? It is absurd.

skience3 and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
  16. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Anybody know what Emery said?

Imagine the players trying to listen to that all day. No wonder they're switched off.

17. Hooplehead

Hooplehead Active Member

I'm not sure where you're getting your opinion that i'm ignoring this and not acknowledging that?

I haven't implied I think Rodgers would be a bad choice at Arsenal, in fact I think he'd be a great choice, he did a fantastic job of developing our players, my only real criticism of Rodgers was his lack of adaptability, he was unwilling time and time again at Celtic to change our tactics against teams that played the same style as us but with much better players, Barcelona and PSG couldn't believe their luck when we lined up against them under Rodgers, don't get me wrong I do think that lesson has hit home with him to an extent now.

Complimenting Lennon on how well he's doing doesn't mean i'm underestimating how good a job Rodgers did, we have a team full of young, high potential players and I credit Rodgers man management as the main reason for that, but I don't think many Celtic fans would disagree that we had become pretty stale entertainment wise by the time Brendan moved on.

18. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

That interviewer stuck it all over Bumnai :lol:

19. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

“Good ebening” must be ringing through their ears.

Makingtrax likes this.
  20. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It's just been a ridiculous fast forward t the end of Wengers reign. Dreading the games and no confidence, even if the football was easier on the eye and we had a few individuals you could pin your hopes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.