• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

****ing hell Mesut.. what is going on with you :(
He’s either really unlucky with injuries (and we are, having just tied him down to a huge contract) or he doesn’t give a **** anymore with how Emery treats him. Either way its bad news for us.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Sorry bro, maybe that was OTT ;)

I’m tall and played CB for years (at an amateur level) but couldn’t help myself turning aside if the ball was driven hard at me from close range.

Maybe I’m defending myself here :rolleyes:
317C800C00000578-3460765-Barcelona_talisman_Lionel_Messi_arrows_a_shot_towards_goal_from_-m-30_1456261668558.jpg
How tall are we talking about here?

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
I'm glad the club has had a little talk with Emery, you don't tell everyone it's for some bullshït 'tactical reasons'. We'll just call up Orny and let it 'leak' that he's 'injured'.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He’s either really unlucky with injuries (and we are, having just tied him down to a huge contract) or he doesn’t give a **** anymore with how Emery treats him. Either way its bad news for us.

Yep. Even though he frustrates me sometimes there is no one in our squad with his vision and technical qualities. We created **** all at Brighton second half. Good luck at Anfield.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
We might as well give up the 3 points if that's what he's going to do

I hope to see Ramsey and Lacazette start. It will be hugely disappointing if they don't start, that too when Özil is not there as well. Torreira has been playing in an advanced role in the last 2 games which is not the best use of him.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Xhaka has fairly consistently raised his game in bigger games this season, I would be extremely disappointed should Emery pull a move like this.

He has to play in the midfield with Torreira for him to have an impact. Playing at CB removes the possibility of his screamers too.

TorontoGooner76

Seems like it is the latter to me. From where I sit, I feel that he is not happy with the fact that Emery really believes in the "team first" approach and now Özil is not guaranteed to be the "guy", who will be accommodated no matter what. If this is in fact the case, then we need to try to move forward without him. Problem is, moving him now is very difficult unless we eat part of the contract as I don't really see who would be willing to pay him the 350k a week.

And by the way, just for the record I chose Özil as my predicted Arsenal player of the year in that particular thread, so this is not just some Özil hate. I really had high expectations and high hope for him to be the leader of this team and new era going forward. Sad really, how it is all playing out now.

Reactions: Jae

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This is on my timeline because every muppett is retweeting it .

"

blaze_of_glory

Yeah, makes no sense to freeze out or even sell Özil in the middle of the season. Can't lose a guy like him without having the players/system already in place to compensate. We don't have that right now. Maybe we'll get there but it won't be until after the summer window imo.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Knee Injruy makes sense, he didn't come to the bench during the Brighton game after half time.

I do believe Emery is giving him some tough love, but I know he ain't daft enough to not have him in the sqaud. He start in our last game at the Emirates as Captain.

Attacking wise he's still better than mikhi, iwobi and Ramsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom