• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Might lose the game because my friends are gonna have dinner with wild animals they hunted this year like reindeer, goose, rock ptarmigan and lobster.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I remember the last two times we visited Anfield, Özil was really outstanding in both of those games, really grabbed the name by the scruff of the neck and was creating chances for fun. :rolleyes:

Guys like Özil are complete liabilities in these type of games, he's just incapable of doing defensive work (and believe me we'll be doing A LOT of it tomorrow) and when he's out of games it's very hard for him to have a real impact on them. You're kidding yourself if you believe Özil would have a serious impact away to top of the table unbeaten Liverpool.

I remember the last two times we visited Anfield, Özil was really outstanding in both of those games, really grabbed the name by the scruff of the neck and was creating chances for fun. :rolleyes:

Guys like Özil are complete liabilities in these type of games, he's just incapable of doing defensive work (and believe me we'll be doing A LOT of it tomorrow) and when he's out of games it's very hard for him to have a real impact on them. You're kidding yourself if you believe Özil would have a serious impact away to top of the table unbeaten Liverpool.

Going to Anfield with our current team and pretend we are somehow gonna defend better without Özil is just like taking a knife and stab your self into the face.

Our only chance is that we create enough chances and are clinical enough to score 3 goals and hope that they don't score more than two with their 10-20 chances they will have because they will cut us open at will, Özil or not.

Tir Na Nog

Going to Anfield with our current team and pretend we are somehow gonna defend better without Özil is just like taking a knife and stab your self into the face.

Our only chance is that we create enough chances and are clinical enough to score 3 goals and hope that they don't score more than two with their 10-20 chances they will have because they will cut us open at will, Özil or not.

We need players with energy, with physicality, aggression and the ability to win the ball back. The ability to organise themselves in defensive situations as well as being able to spring attacks. Özil doesn't help with any of this apart from his ability to pick a pass. Özil wouldn't get the opportunity to play his game tomorrow with the way we're gonna have to play the game. Outplaying them isn't an option, we've tried that for the past 2 seasons under Wenger and we got embarrassed so many times. This season we had a real war with them at the Emirates and we arguably were the better team but even then Liverpool have gone up a gear since while we've suffered a bit of an injury crisis so have to adapt accordingly.

For example if it's AMN or Lichsteiner, it doesn't matter they're gonna need help defensively, the last thing we need is someone like Özil having to do that role or god forbid giving him a "free role" where he doesn't have to mark or press anybody.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Xhaka Torreira
Ramsey
Lacazette Aubameyang

Could be good.
Lichtsteiner needs a big performance. Would be legendary if Big Jenkz comes on and totally bosses it out of the blue.

Tir Na Nog

Xhaka Torreira
Ramsey
Lacazette Aubameyang

Could be good.
Lichtsteiner needs a big performance. Would be legendary if Big Jenkz comes on and totally bosses it out of the blue.

Not even lying here, would honestly prefer Jenko getting a go ahead of old man Steph and AMN.

He's played well at Anfield before, heck our last win there came with him in the team. Clean sheet and everything.

HBL

Established Member
Not even 100% confirmed that he isn't with the squad, they've already got one thing wrong today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom