• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 04/05/06

marco

Yeah your right, i sat 2 away from him at yids away cos managed to get to him a ticket and
He came into the arsenal section wearing a motorcycle helmet and we were about 5 seats from Sp**s fans!

Quality, though think at times he might not be able to give abuse etc in the way i can cos of who he is.

i pity anyone who has to sit near me at football, as im an absolute nightmare langauge wise, rationality wise and abuse wise.

kel varnsen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
James said:
marco said:
Yeah it annoys me because he has shpwn zero commitment to the club and will be off in the summer.
Flamini has done an admirable job at left back and obviously cole is a lot better just dont like the guy,
he plays under ten games for us in a season yet plays champ league final and world cup before going to chelsea in the summer.
Exactly how i feel Marco. Wouldn't say i dislike the guy, it just annoys me to see him playing at the moment.

Just watching SSN, berret man makes yet another appearance. He was hopping around to every empty seat with his sombrero. Nutta.
You know what, if i thought it'd shut you lot up, i'd put money down on Cole staying. as for wanting Flamini to start against Messi you're having a f****g laugh. Cole will stay and if you still don't like him, then you can say we're in the same boat as that's how i feel about Henry and how i felt about Vieira.

As for people saying van Persie had a s**t game, get your f****g blinkers off, a goal is not the difference betwen a 3 and a 7 in terms of rating performances, you lot need to get real.

Oh yeha, i thought Ljungberg and Pires were s***e overall, despite one assist and one goal.

i agree. at least in some of what you say. the amount of bullshit in this thread is really mind boggling. to say that van persie was crap, or even poor, last night is just plain wrong and it clearly shows that some here have, a poorly disguised i might ass, agenda. van persie had a decent game. linked up well with others a few times, had a couple of decent shots on goal, but held on to the ball a bit too long at times. all in all, a decent game. he just needs match practice and a good run in the team up front with henry...

jgunner84

sabret00the said:
You know what, if i thought it'd shut you lot up, i'd put money down on Cole staying. as for wanting Flamini to start against Messi you're having a f****g laugh. Cole will stay and if you still don't like him, then you can say we're in the same boat as that's how i feel about Henry and how i felt about Vieira.

As for people saying van Persie had a s**t game, get your f****g blinkers off, a goal is not the difference betwen a 3 and a 7 in terms of rating performances, you lot need to get real.

Oh yeha, i thought Ljungberg and Pires were s***e overall, despite one assist and one goal.

Weren't you the guy who said strikers are good only if they score goals? I would say the same thing now. Players have bad games. There was a period in the middle of the season when Henry wasn't able to score in so many away games. There was a time when Senderos made a mistake every game. Toure wasn't invincible a few years ago either. Deal with it. Unlike you guys I believe Van persie can make a comeback and play well in the future.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
sabret00the said:

:lol:

You make me laugh mate, all your posts are virtually the same.

Cole and Van Persie = Good.
Freddie and Pires = Bad.

Rocky cracks the code! :lol:

marco

I am saying that to me Van Persie has disappointed in recent weeks.
Maybe he needs a couple of goals confidence wise, but last night didnt think he was great and i cant get over his miss against Sp**s.
i know adebayor missed 2 sitters v pompey but we know he isnt top notch,

Van persie is supposed to be and i just dont see him play well from start of games.
He is more effective from the bench,- his best 20 mins this season was away at white hart lane -murdered king to pieces.

So i wouldnt start the guy.

kel varnsen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
RockyRocastle said:
sabret00the said:

:lol:

You make me laugh mate, all your posts are virtually the same.

Cole and Van Persie = Good.
Freddie and Pires = Bad.

for there to be a code, there would have to be some sort of logical and consistant rule behind his posts. no offence to sabre, but logical isn't the the word i'd use to describe some of his posts... :D

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
RocktheCasbah said:

for there to be a code, there would have to be some sort of logical and consistant rule behind his posts. no offence to sabre, but logical isn't the the word i'd use to describe some of his posts... :D

Hark! Is that the sound of a pot clattering into a kettle I hear?

Just kidding mate. :wink:

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
James said:
marco said:
Yeah it annoys me because he has shpwn zero commitment to the club and will be off in the summer.
Flamini has done an admirable job at left back and obviously cole is a lot better just dont like the guy,
he plays under ten games for us in a season yet plays champ league final and world cup before going to chelsea in the summer.
Exactly how i feel Marco. Wouldn't say i dislike the guy, it just annoys me to see him playing at the moment.

Just watching SSN, berret man makes yet another appearance. He was hopping around to every empty seat with his sombrero. Nutta.

For the 57th time: Messi. is. out. of. the. CL. final.

Ljungberg was quality and Pires made our second goal. Get your blinkers off mate.

sabret00the

Established Member
jgunner84 said:
sabret00the said:

Weren't you the guy who said strikers are good only if they score goals? I would say the same thing now. Players have bad games. There was a period in the middle of the season when Henry wasn't able to score in so many away games. There was a time when Senderos made a mistake every game. Toure wasn't invincible a few years ago either. Deal with it. Unlike you guys I believe Van persie can make a comeback and play well in the future.
I agree, and i'm not that blinkered to state otherwise anywhere, and yes i do like my strikers to be scoring strikers, but it's rare to have a striker that scores every game and van Persie isn't upto scratch right now.

he's playing within himself and he's not playing his own game so i know we won't see the best of him this season. i'm not saying he has a fantastic game against City, but i am categorically stating that his game wasn't no where near dire.

he had a decent game, and linked the play well, you only need to observe his pass to Eboue that lead to the goal in order to realise the quality of his game. and yes he has disappointed but that's due to the fact that he set the bar for himself so high.

i'm not totally sure we can see the best of van Persie consistantly in Henry's Arsenal. however i hope i'm wrong on this one.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

RVP only problem is mental . Some players play better when they are angry but RVP self destructs.

James

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Anyone who went last night think the atmosphere was really s**t, at least until Reyes scored?

Everyone should have been really up for this but there was nothing.

More northern accents than cockney aswell.
Exactly what i said.

Going south, the M6 was empty. More gooners going northbound i reckon.

I was in the lower tier, and although you said it looked more lively down there, was pretty **** too.

Tony Montana

Established Member
James said:
RockyRocastle said:
Anyone who went last night think the atmosphere was really s**t, at least until Reyes scored?

Exactly what i said.

As I say, general sale, mate, general sale and not enough london gooners travelling up, probably becaue of the time and date.

KingReyes

Established Member
For the lads that went I saw Henry's interview on Sky after the game and he said he was 'dissapointed' about some banner that the City fans had put up.

Does anyone know what he's talking about? Curiosity has gotten the better of me I'm afraid.

IBL

Established Member
Reyes and Freddy finally hitting some form.....watch out Barca :p

Main thing is we got the three points. I think people are making a fuss over nothing about the celebrations. Henry can look flippin' amazing when he feels like playing just like yesterday, lets hope he shows that kind of passion for the last two games.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
James said:
RockyRocastle said:

Exactly what i said.

As I say, general sale, mate, general sale and not enough london gooners travelling up, probably becaue of the time and date.

As someone who lives 'oop north' but is not only not a northerner but has managed to live up here for eight years without having the slightest loss of accent (I can get away with telling birds in pubs that I'm just up for the weekend still - handy) I think you're being a bit harsh on (actual) northern Gooners.

To be honest a lot of games up here it's the northern Gooners who make the atmosphere because they have the enthusiasm of the novelty.

Personally I didn't think the atmosphere was all that bad last night but I was in the lower tier by their fans. Not good, but not half as bad as Sunderland was. I also think it's because most of us are in Paris already!

Also - if the guy in the suit who sat down next to my daughter and asked her if the team had been announced yet reads this you kinda made her day. It's only about the 7th or 8th game she's been to and she said afterwards that despite knowing a lot of my mates at matches having a stranger assume she could answer really made her feel part of it for the first time rather than a 'newbie'. Funny how much tiny things mean sometimes.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
By the way - did anyone else think that Cole just wasn't at all bothered. To me he seemed to spend most of the game ambling around and not making too much of an effort. Certainly didn't seem the 'perpetual motion' player he used to be. Or was it just me?

regele

Established Member
I think RVP has developed a bit of a confidence issue lately, but nothing that a summer's break won't solve, though I hope he shakes it in time for the World Cup. His performance wasn't awfull, but I was expecting more of him.

Song isn't ready for first team play, he's just too slow and clumsy on the ball and considering he's a DCM the amount of balls he's lost in our half is a bit worying.

Campbell had a good game, but( if you'd have told me I'd say this at the beginning of the season I would have definantley called you names) I have a feeling that Phil offers a bit more, because besides doing his job well in the centre, he covers the left flank when the LB is caught up the field better, but with Cole at the back, there's less covering to do than with Flamini(btw, how much does he have untill he'll be fit?).

Reyes's performance confuses me a bit(in a good way), hope Wenger will keep the Henry Reyes couple upfront for Wigan, cause I'm just curious to see if last night's performance was only smoke and no fire, or there's something more to it than that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
to be honest i really dont think you can say, based on yesterday's game at least, that reyes will be consistently better as a forward. he could have come on on the left wing and scored twice just as easily IMO because it wont have been impossible for him to find himself in cetral areas. i think though that wenger should give hiim a run there once and for all because the left clearly aint letting us see the 'world class' player he's supposed to be.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom