• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 04/05/06

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
marco said:
RockyRocastle said:
Anyone who went last night think the atmosphere was really s**t, at least until Reyes scored?

Everyone should have been really up for this but there was nothing.

More northern accents than cockney aswell.

Didnt go last night but went to sunderland on Monday and first half up there we were poor....
You d think there would be a party like atmosphere cos we are going to paris etc...

Exactly. I was really shocked looking around last night at how everyone didnt seem bothered.

Loads of women and kids around and real sad bastard looking blokes.

Looked more lively in the lower tier though.

I went and I knew it was going to be a fairly poor atmosphere as soon as the game kicked of. Why? Because the tickets went on general sale which means people who don't usually go to games and people who don't even support Arsenal can go. That's why there were so many northerners. You're right, people seemed to lack real enthusiasm. How come this happens every time I got to an Arsenal match. :( I swear down there were city fans right at the back. I noticed that you said you went awol at RVP when he went walked as slowly as possible off the pitch. There was a guy to my right on the upper tier right near the right-sided stand (where the city fans were) who was going mental at that point. Was that you? Again, upper tier, on the far right next to the right-sided city stand (west stand most probably).

The city fans were crap too until they scored but to be fair their blue moon rendition is quality. If they sang it with more heart and they filled their flippin' stadium it would be as good as 'you'll never walk alone'. Their stadium is quality, just lacks a bit of character. They might want to put some writing on their seats. For the record, i thought it was huge and it got me excited when I realised ours will be bigger. :D :D :D I reckon our fans were alright after Ljunberg scored but went back into depression once city equalised. After Reyes scored then everyone decided to go wild at Paul merson in the box. Talk about sing when you're winning. :roll:

Oh and Rocky, what did the real sad bastard looking blokes look like? :wink:

Tony Montana

Established Member
Fabregas had a good game as soon as he came on. My mates were shocked that his first touch was so good, I wasn't.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I couldn't believe how badly RVP started self destructing on the pitch , after his impression of a tortoise , he snatched his jacket from the trainer - I thought that was uncalled for. Wenger will have a chat with him . The guy has a bag load of ability the only thing stopping RVP is RVP.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
JoseReyes29 said:
....reyes is crap isnt he?

Well probably :p ..

He did well when he came on, but because he scores only his 4th and 5th league goals this season doesn't make up for all the other s**t performances he's put in this season.

Look at the Assist rankings in both EPL and the CL then put in your post ..

That's because he's had Henry mainly on the end of them.

OMG so ? :?: ..

What do you mean so, Henry is one of the best finishers in the world. You swop him with an average striker such as Vassell and he wouldn't put away half the chances Henry does. Henry makes a difference to Reyes' assist tally.

Seeing as Reyes had about nine assists by the end of October, when Henry was out for 6 weeks or whatever it was, I can only conclude Rocafella, that you are talking out of your arse.. I suppose he only scored that goal last night because Henry laid it on a plate for him eh? Some people just can't win.

lutaayam

RvP passed that ball back to Henry because it was the right thing to do. Not only was he in a tight angle but he had a defender on him as well. He made the right decision and Henry made an unusually poor finish.

Song is way too sluggish both physically and mentally to be playing in the premiership right now. I'm with everybody on thinking that wenger has a soft spot for him for whatever reason. If this dude hadn't played agaist portsmouth we would have won that game. We are a different side when he's involved.

Henry snubbed reyes even on the 2nd goal one could see that. However this is no shocking revelation. We've known about the bad vibes between the 2 for so long. I would be more worried if Henry had been unwilling to make the assist for Reyes to score.

Is it just me or could reyes be more effective playing as a striker. Both goals were great finishes.

I personally think RvP is too one dimensional(left foot) and that will be his undoing. Many here will be irked but I think he also loses his balance too easily, bordering on the clumsy. Still on current form he's better than Adebayor. We all know Ade can't finish. I could forgive him for that because his overall contribution to the team used to be great plus his ability to position himself in those goal scoring spots. But of late even this aspect of his game has dissappeared. He has descended into painful mediorcrity he's almost quite frankly useless.

For those who want to criticise Henry do so when he deserves the criticism(which he does sometimes). But after creating 2 of the goals and helping us win I find it sad that some of u are still ungrateful. Oh and the maradona-like moves that you complain about only happened when RvP was in an offside position and thus Henry couldn't pass to him. If you doubt this watch the game again. But if you want to believe that he's selfish, his 2 assists not withstanding, indulge yourself.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Reyes' 1st goal was harder than the 2nd goal.

It's so hard to open your body up and get it on target when playing.. especially when the ball is fizzed at that speed.

I also thought RvP had a solid game, got himself into good positions, linked up well.. He wasn't "awful" as people have said.

people who say rvp was awful yesterday are either blind or they didn't watch the game. he was decent. had a few great touches. the through pass to eboue in the first half was superb and he set up henry lovely inside the box as well in the first half. too bad henry missed the shot. he also got into good positions and had 2-3 decent shots on goal. he held on to the ball a bit too long at times, but all in all a decent match by rvp.

Rocafella

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
JoseReyes29 said:

He did well when he came on, but because he scores only his 4th and 5th league goals this season doesn't make up for all the other s**t performances he's put in this season.

What do you mean so, Henry is one of the best finishers in the world. You swop him with an average striker such as Vassell and he wouldn't put away half the chances Henry does. Henry makes a difference to Reyes' assist tally.

Seeing as Reyes had about nine assists by the end of October, when Henry was out for 6 weeks or whatever it was, I can only conclude Rocafella, that you are talking out of your arse.. I suppose he only scored that goal last night because Henry laid it on a plate for him eh? Some people just can't win.

Is that so. Well he's on 9 Premiership assists atm so either you're talking out of your arse or Reyes has been dog **** for the past 6/7 months which is what I said in my first post.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
lutaayam said:
Is it just me or could reyes be more effective playing as a striker. Both goals were great finishes.

No, it isn't just you, some of us have been saying it for....ooooh, about two years?

As for van Persie taking ages to come off, it was stupid and immature, but he shouldn't really be hammered for it. I think his frustration was understandable.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Rocafella said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
JoseReyes29 said:

Is that so. Well he's on 9 Premiership assists atm so either you're talking out of your arse or Reyes has been dog s**t for the past 6/7 months.

Who mentioned Premiership assists? He had three in the first three Champions League games. And I did say "about", either way, I am right, and you quite frankly, are not.

Rocafella

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Rocafella said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
Rocafella said:
Reyes(9) said:
JoseReyes29 said:

Is that so. Well he's on 9 Premiership assists atm so either you're talking out of your arse or Reyes has been dog s**t for the past 6/7 months.

Who mentioned Premiership assists? He had three in the first three Champions League games. And I did say "about", either way, I am right, and you quite frankly, are not.

What exactly are you right about? You didn't state an exact number of Premiership assists and you weren't very close there. Sorry to mention Premiership assists I mean it's only the league season of 38 games. Them 3 champions league assists he has are his only three, and that was against ****ty opposition so once again, good call.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
RockyRocastle said:
marco said:
RockyRocastle said:
Anyone who went last night think the atmosphere was really s**t, at least until Reyes scored?

Didnt go last night but went to sunderland on Monday and first half up there we were poor....
You d think there would be a party like atmosphere cos we are going to paris etc...

Exactly. I was really shocked looking around last night at how everyone didnt seem bothered.

I noticed that you said you went awol at RVP when he went walked as slowly as possible off the pitch. There was a guy to my right on the upper tier right near the right-sided stand (where the city fans were) who was going mental at that point. Was that you? Again, upper tier, on the far right next to the right-sided city stand (west stand most probably).

Might have been.

I had a white shirt on and not much hair (of my own choosing!)

Tony Montana

Established Member
Stop quoting each other, it's making the pages too long. And Reyes is not crap as shown by his two well taken goals, if he was crap, he wouldn't have scored them. It's better to say, Rocafella, 'he's playing crap'.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Tony Montana said:
RockyRocastle said:
marco said:
RockyRocastle said:

I noticed that you said you went awol at RVP when he went walked as slowly as possible off the pitch. There was a guy to my right on the upper tier right near the right-sided stand (where the city fans were) who was going mental at that point. Was that you? Again, upper tier, on the far right next to the right-sided city stand (west stand most probably).

Might have been.

I had a white shirt on and not much hair (of my own choosing!)

Nope, wasn't you then. :lol:

Who were the real sad blokes? :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
James said:
marco said:
Yeah it annoys me because he has shpwn zero commitment to the club and will be off in the summer.
Flamini has done an admirable job at left back and obviously cole is a lot better just dont like the guy,
he plays under ten games for us in a season yet plays champ league final and world cup before going to chelsea in the summer.
Exactly how i feel Marco. Wouldn't say i dislike the guy, it just annoys me to see him playing at the moment.

Just watching SSN, berret man makes yet another appearance. He was hopping around to every empty seat with his sombrero. Nutta.
You know what, if i thought it'd shut you lot up, i'd put money down on Cole staying. as for wanting Flamini to start against Messi you're having a ****ing laugh. Cole will stay and if you still don't like him, then you can say we're in the same boat as that's how i feel about Henry and how i felt about Vieira.

As for people saying van Persie had a **** game, get your ****ing blinkers off, a goal is not the difference betwen a 3 and a 7 in terms of rating performances, you lot need to get real.

Oh yeha, i thought Ljungberg and Pires were ****e overall, despite one assist and one goal.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
sabret00the said:
James said:
marco said:
Yeah it annoys me because he has shpwn zero commitment to the club and will be off in the summer.
Flamini has done an admirable job at left back and obviously cole is a lot better just dont like the guy,
he plays under ten games for us in a season yet plays champ league final and world cup before going to chelsea in the summer.
Exactly how i feel Marco. Wouldn't say i dislike the guy, it just annoys me to see him playing at the moment.

Just watching SSN, berret man makes yet another appearance. He was hopping around to every empty seat with his sombrero. Nutta.
You know what, if i thought it'd shut you lot up, i'd put money down on Cole staying. as for wanting Flamini to start against Messi you're having a f****g laugh. Cole will stay and if you still don't like him, then you can say we're in the same boat as that's how i feel about Henry and how i felt about Vieira.

As for people saying van Persie had a s**t game, get your f****g blinkers off, a goal is not the difference betwen a 3 and a 7 in terms of rating performances, you lot need to get real.

Oh yeha, i thought Ljungberg and Pires were s***e overall, despite one assist and one goal.

:lol:

You make me laugh mate, all your posts are virtually the same.

Cole and Van Persie = Good.
Freddie and Pires = Bad.

Very harsh having a go and Pires.

Tony - you know the type of blokes I mean, people who show less passion than a dead fish and sit on their hands all game.

Saw Alan Davies last night, scruffy bastard. You would think with his money he would get a decent hair cut.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

60% percent of those assists were not to Henry. I dont see why people are so intent in proving that our players are **** . If they are then Wenger will deal with it.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Tony - you know the type of blokes I mean, people who show less passion than a dead fish and sit on their hands all game.

Saw Alan Davies last night, scruffy bastard. You would think with his money he would get a decent hair cut.

Saw him too.

I would love to stand up all game but I don't want some big guy telling me he can't see. :lol:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Rocafella said:
What exactly are you right about? You didn't state an exact number of Premiership assists and you weren't very close there. Sorry to mention Premiership assists I mean it's only the league season of 38 games. Them 3 champions league assists he has are his only three, and that was against ****ty opposition so once again, good call.

They are still assists, are they not? Or do they not count because they don't fit into your theory that it's only his ability to get the ball to Henry?

As for his Premiership assists, if we're speaking specifically, I remember 2 for Sol Campbell, 2 for Senderos. 0/3 and a possible 5/9 is 5 from 12 and in no way would that be described as "mainly"

So when you say this:

quite clearly you are wrong. Besides which, if Thierry is so happy to acknowledge the importance of a final pass (and I can think of a few that have not been a case of just knocking the ball off and letting Henry do his stuff) then why are you so keen to denigrate the guy?

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom