• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think we’ve just to keep a clean sheet somehow, if Holding and Tierney are fit enough to start I’d say we have a decent chance.

Calum deserves a start as well so you’d only have one banter merchant playing in our back four.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was a Wednesday, and wasn't worth the point we got. Sure we had a few injuries after. Hated that game.

Last PL game that Holding played for us I think and Ramsey and Torreira got injured by their scumbag challenges as well I think.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I think Tierney showed enough to earn him a start. I hope Holding starts but you just don't know. Emery could come up with a number of reasons as to why he doesn't but for me Sokratis has to be dropped, especially if we're putting a huge emphasis on playing out from the back Holding, while not exceptional at it, is a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet. He's also less prone to making rash decisions like going for a ball he's never going to win or stepping up too quickly/hanging back too much which Sokratis does a lot.

I'd like both Tierney and Holding to start but it might just be too much of a risk what with them both just returning from injury. By this I mean fitness-wise. That's probably why Bellerin is with the u23's today. Think the Utd game has just come that bit too early for all of them which is a pity as their replacements tend to be liabilities.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'd like both Tierney and Holding to start but it might just be too much of a risk what with them both just returning from injury. By this I mean fitness-wise. That's probably why Bellerin is with the u23's today. Think the Utd game has just come that bit too early for all of them which is a pity as their replacements tend to be liabilities.

Bellerin not playing was very obvious. No point in risking and he doesn't have match sharpness at all. Would be bad for mental things if goes wrong, and an injury even worse. AMN or Chambers have to be enough.

Holding might start, but I have guessed he won't yet. The commentator in Nottingham game pointed out how important match fitness is when they zoomed on Holding, being a bit gassed before the half time. And this was against Nottingham, who could not attack so much, and is no where near the level of United at OT.

Tierney is a guess mark, but is a bit similar to Bellerin. Kola has not been that bad this season and has match sharpness. Tierney would be understandable substitution to run against tired United players.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Bellerin not playing was very obvious. No point in risking and he doesn't have match sharpness at all. Would be bad for mental things if goes wrong, and an injury even worse. AMN or Chambers have to be enough.

Holding might start, but I have guessed he won't yet. The commentator in Nottingham game pointed out how important match fitness is when they zoomed on Holding, being a bit gassed before the half time. And this was against Nottingham, who could not attack so much, and is no where near the level of United at OT.

Tierney is a guess mark, but is a bit similar to Bellerin. Kola has not been that bad this season and has match sharpness. Tierney would be understandable substitution to run against tired United players.

Agree. I don't think any of them will start. But if one does it will be probably be Tierney.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Agree. I don't think any of them will start. But if one does it will be probably be Tierney.

I would not start him yet. Too many risks, he has not much match sharpness, being out months, and even then has not played similar game as United against Arsenal at OT.

As a substitution it's a bit different, so he can get confidence against tired United players.

Saka/Nelson will be one substitution if we have 3 attackers. Willock/Ceballos/Torreira also and one in reserve would be Tierney. If all goes to plan.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The one thing you can say, is that we HAVE to win at OT at some stage. Like it's gone on far too long, in the league anyways. Another thing is that most of these players aren't the same ones who've suffered defeats at OT down the years. Auba, Pepe, Guendouzi and the likes won't be overawed based on previous experiences, same with a few of the young lads (though I think of few may have played in the one where Fellaini scored a late winner).
Last year they only lost at home to City, Barcelona and PSG, I think, a lot of draws of course. They don’t lose at home very often.

But I agree it’s way over due.

Ewarwoowar

We should really beat Manu as they currently are without having to chance players returning back from long absences. I'm not sure I'd want to risk returning players such as the like that could define the outcome of our season to risk the bone crunching tackles that these ***** seem to get away with time and time again.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Last year they only lost at home to City, Barcelona and PSG, I think, a lot of draws of course. They don’t lose at home very often.

But I agree it’s way over due.

They also lost to Juventus, Tottenham, Derby and Cardiff.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Was a Wednesday, and wasn't worth the point we got. Sure we had a few injuries after. Hated that game.
Last season we played them 3 days after the NLD. Players were absolutely shattered physically. Still should've won though. No excuses this time

Mohamed7

We will not win because of how rubbish we are defensively. We are not coached well at the back and do not have the quality to offset that.

I would go with more attacking in order to outscore them, because we will definitely concede against them with Luiz and Papa at the back. I am not worried about Greenwood and Lingard but our CBs charity play thus far.

----- Auba -- Pepe -----

---------- Özil -----

---- Guenzy --- Ceb----

------------ Torr --------

Kola --- Luiz --- Papa --- Bellerin (play him 60 minutes)

-------------- Leno ----------------

I would have gone for 433 if Laca was fit for this match.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Beat them by three goals and we push them down to 12th.
vwI6Au3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom