• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester Utd vs Arsenal |Monday 30th September | KO 20:00 | Sky Sports

What will the fallout from Monday’s game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

vwI6Au3.gif

That video man. :lol::lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We will not win because of how rubbish we are defensively. We are not coached well at the back and do not have the quality to offset that.

I would go with more attacking in order to outscore them, because we will definitely concede against them with Luiz and Papa at the back. I am not worried about Greenwood and Lingard but our CBs charity play thus far.

----- Auba -- Pepe -----

---------- Özil -----

---- Guenzy --- Ceb----

------------ Torr --------

Kola --- Luiz --- Papa --- Bellerin (play him 60 minutes)

-------------- Leno ----------------

I would have gone for 433 if Laca was fit for this match.

Bellerin played 90 minutes today. Doubt he'll even be on the bench

Mohamed7

Apologies in advance for the long winded post.

Honestly, it's not a zero sum game. Since winning away at Man City in 2015 our away record v top 6 sides is as follows:

P22, W0, D8, L14, F24 A50

Pretty abysmal huh?

Trust me, this isn't because we haven't been taking the game to these teams or trying to play attacking football. Whether it's attacking or defending we need to play smart football and be disciplined but playing with intensity.

They know that with every failed one-two between our strikers while our full backs are in the attacking third waiting for the switch, they can be in on goal with a 3 v 3 with a simple pass over the top of midfield. They don't have to be good.

Counter-attack is Man Utd's only hope on Monday. Daniel James is by far their biggest threat, followed by Greenwood. Then it's set pieces. The basic requirement away from home where you get fewer free kicks and time on the ball is to be compact, apply pressure and know where you are supposed to be on the pitch in attacking and defensive situations.

If you do that, you not only have the basis for so-called attacking football but you can do it without having to chase the game and over commit, against quite often poor sides needing a boost in confidence.

Exciting for the neutral though.

Very good post.

I will add that we are lacking the necessary quality at the back to stop quality teams away from home. Liverpool in this season is a prime example where we have gone with pragmatism but the quality of our CBs failed us big time.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ohh under21.. I did not know that. 442 diamond will not work without Bellerin. 433 or 532.
Why would we risk Bellerin so carelessly in this fixture after a lengthy layoff. Honestly, I'd be furious with that decision inspite of how much i miss him.. admittedly im not the biggest fan though.

Chaoz_Enigma

I just beg everybody here to be doom and gloom about this game. Please. Its always heartbreakin whenever I saw "ah we're gonna whoop them hard with their sh!tt* team" before losing or drawing the game at old toilet.

This fixture...i real need to be pessimistic before any good results ever happened.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I just beg everybody here to be doom and gloom about this game. Please. Its always heartbreakin whenever I saw "ah we're gonna whoop them hard with their sh!tt* team" before losing or drawing the game at old toilet.

This fixture...i real need to be pessimistic before any good results ever happened.
Nah mate, we’re going to batter them on Monday.

You think Unai is losing to the biggest bum in England, Ole? Nah.

Debre-Zeyit

Would've been confident Tierney,Holding and bellerin starting but no i'm not we're stuck with luiz/sokratis/niles so it is 50-50

It happens all the time and people never learn. In these big games expecting trashings is just so unrealistic it's ridiculous. I don't care about our quality and how poor United have been, this'll be a tough game. A 1-0 or 2-1 victory for us would be a massive result and it's one I'd take now.
They did trash Chelsea 4-0, right? Haven't they done us inside out on several occasions too!?

I swear the loser mentallity of the past years has washed down to the fans! I wonder how buzzing they'd be if we exchanged our injury troubles! Am sure they'd score 3 or more. Why not feel the same when we are with the fitter squad?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A big fan of odds, so I voted 2. Unless we do something about Sokratis, Luiz and Xhaka, it’s always likely to happen.

And if he plays Mustafi at right back now AMN is injured, then we’d have a full house of **** ups r us.

We’re collecting rash defenders like a home for stray dogs.

Symbia

I wish we have the midfield of

.................. Chambers ......................
........... Willock ......... Douzi..................

This will enable our two side backs to bomb foward and support attack.
Chambers will seat at the back to offer protection to the backline while our two young midfielders will run from deep, also close down their midfield quickly.

Wan Bissaka will have to defend all day, grated he is good at that but I really hope my boy Saka will cause him several issues. This means he will not join the attack often which he is bad in doing anyway.

With Shaw still injured their left back will be up for exploit, Yamalenko turned Young upside down so I expect the same from Pepe.

Attempt on helping the left back will open up their defence for Ray's exploit.

Xhaka in this match will be pointless.

I tip Pepe to shine in this match.
Come on guys!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Will be the usual team. Luiz, Sokratis, Kola, Xhaka all play.

Hopefully Chambers at RB and not sure about left wing. Probably Auba if Laca is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom