• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 10/12/05

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Another ****e away trip.

Stayed over and took friggin ages to get home today as north London blew up. Rounded the trip of perfectly.

What a nasty, sly **** Shearer is. I would love to cave his face in with a brick. The ref is a disgrace too, he needs to be demoted after that performance.

This season is a total balls up.

Great atmosphere in our end though, always is in Newcastle.

JazzG

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
Our performance today was much better than some of the performances during the year. I was ecstatic to see the back four that walked out yesterday, and hope Wenger sticks with this line-up until Ashley or Gael comes back.

It feels so cheap bagging a referee, but Dermot Gallagher was horrendous. The inconsistancy was so great between both teams that it felt as though no matter what a Newcastle player did, he was never going to get sent off. Gilberto made 3 fouls all game, and he got two yellows. I concede that the first may have been a yellow card offence, but the second was no where close to one. And as has been mentioned in here already, Shearer got away with a lot more, especially walking away yellow-less from the challenge against Sol.

We looked good in the first half. Given pulled off an amazing save to stop Henry from putting us 1-up. We moved the ball quickly, and got into some good positions but lacked the killer touch. I was content with our performance and thought we looked like scoring even with 10 men.

But despite our bad form, I don't see why people are thinking we may even fail to qualify for the Champions League this season. We aren't even half way through the season and are only 5pts away from 2nd.

As for all the Henry is a s**t captain comments, I like to ignore them as I think they're rubbish. Some for the Wenger being sacked comments. I'll save my thoughts on next weeks game for the Chelsea thread.

I'd agree with that but the thing is at this level you have to take your chances, back in previous seasons our away game plan was simple yet devestating. We used to press teams all over the pitch and hit them with super fast counter attacks, it worked so well but right now our pressing game is not working very well. We could break up play so well back then and when things got dirty we could put the dirtiest sides around now in the shade. Remember our reputation back in 2001 when we were known as one of the dirtiest sides around. Wenger was put under pressure to sort it out but he has taken it too far and now we have become too soft!

14teranga

Why is it that everytime results don't go our way so many nonesense threads are all over the place? Wenger losing it here, henry not motivated there, Cesc overated...bla bla bla?
In the first half against Newcastle I saw arsenal playing the best football they've done in the last two years which is the best football you can ever see anywhere in the world! In the second newcastle start putting some k1 performances with the c**t referee allowing it and futhermore dismissed Gilberto out of an illusion.
I am always very angry everytime we lose a game but for this newcastle one I didn't feel a thing I was rather pleased with our game. The day we will start winning games the way we've been beaten by newcastle I will stop supporting arsenal.

14teranga

Why is it that everytime results don't go our way so many nonesense threads are all over the place? Wenger losing it here, henry not motivated there, Cesc overated...bla bla bla?

In the first half against Newcastle I saw arsenal playing the best football they've done in the last two years which is the best football you can ever see anywhere in the world! In the second newcastle start putting some k1 performances with the c**t referee allowing it and futhermore dismissed Gilberto out of an illusion.

I am always very angry everytime we lose a game but for this newcastle one I didn't feel a thing I was rather pleased with our game. The day we will start winning games the way we've been beaten by newcastle I will stop supporting arsenal.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I thought we were decent . We were not outmuscled . Being outmuscled infers a body on body test of strength. There was no outmuscling in what Shearer did the tackles he laid on were not good , there is no test of strenght in somenone throwing an elbow. Nor the other ****ty tackles that took place.

invisibleman18

Established Member
first time ive got online since watching the game.
first half i thought we were the better side, we had that one great move which produced a stunning save from given and henry missed another easier chance. and a couple of times we got into good positions but tried to pass the ball around too much.

another point that has been debated at large in the past here. there was that one time we got forward out wide, freddie crossed it in, and who was in the box? only sol campbell. henry, van persie and hleb or whoever was on the left at the time (left winger should be coming into the penalty area from the left hand side when right winger crosses) were not even in the picture. and the commentator even said "where is henry?" when the replay was shown.

as for the 2nd half, well i thought we were just outplayed in all facets of the game, i cannot remember us having 1 chance, and newcastle played the better football. scott parker was immense for the 2nd time against us this season, thus further enhancing my opinion (those who have joined in the england midfield debates during the recent WC qualifying will have read me say this) that he should be given the chance as England's holding midfielder. i didnt really think gilberto's red card was that harsh to be honest. as soon as he went in with the tackle i knew he was off cos he had already been booked and i didnt really feel much grounds for complaint.

another away game, another away defeat.

i have not seen my father (sp*rs fan) so happy with life for a very long time. he saw me looking very pissed off after the match and said with a big smile on his face "well you have got used to success over the last few years, let them be poxy for a few years give someone else a chance" then he went away saying something to himself about next season's champions league. to be honest, i just dont care anymore whether we finish 2nd or 6th, as long as we finish ahead of sp*rs and they miss out on europe again. it will all be worth it to see his smug face when they miss out again.

atalib

Toure should move to midfield

I wish Arsène would move toure to midfield area and put eboue at right with lauren at left. He shrugged of a tackle from parker. That's a good sign that he can hold the ball in the midfield. We are losing the ball in the midfield area a lot and very easily. In a passing style like we played, we can't afford to lose the ball in the midfield. Plus our defensive midfielder is not good enough. While we are lovely to watch going forward, our defense is totally in shambles. Tackling is actually an art. Not many people are skilled with it. If you don't time it perfectly, you'll definitely get booked. We need people who can tackle. In fact what we need to do is get back to the basics which is defense. Clearly the team has no idea what defense is all about and I am surprised that Arsène is not trying to improve on this. As a coach he should know that defense is the one that wins you championships.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
invisibleman18 said:
another point that has been debated at large in the past here. there was that one time we got farward out wide, freddie crossed it in, and who was in the box? only sol campbell. henry, van persie and hleb or whoever was on the left at the time (left winger should be coming into the penalty area from the left hand side when right winger crosses) were not even in the picture. and the commentator even said "where is henry?" when the replay was showed.

Definately one area where Robert Pires would jump at. To be coming in unmarked from the opposite side from where the cross is coming.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
14teranga said:

Agree with you mate. The boys played a good game and deserved a better result. Its part of football to lose these kinda games. Had a big fat smile on my face..cos once again the first half was very much arsenal at their best. It was good to see that we still got it. We can still play that beautiful game. Red Card changed everything..but please spare us the whigning threads on our last loss. The game gave me a lot of faith especially with Chelsea coming. Besides Bolton's game which was a setback..i think the team has been progressing well. Props to the team.

MK5

This was the worst performance I've seen from a ref in years and the club should write to the FA and try to make sure he's not allowed to ruin another game of football for a long time.
I'm disappointed that we lost the way we did. However, I'm also very disapointed with the players. We can't allow ourselves to be bullied around. We don't seem to have anyone who is able to stand up for themselves, the club and their teammates, Especially not in midfield. Aw's post match speech was embarrassing and I really hate it when he comes out crying after we've lost. It's not just embarrassing actually, it also sends out the wrong message to our players and maybe it's why we're as soft as we are.

Henry IV

Another terrible away day. At this rate we might just scrape fourth. But I think it was typical that on 606, Alan Green said he didn't see Shearer's fouls but he certainly saw Lehmann clattering into Parker and described it as "dodgy".

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Henry IV said:
Another terrible away day. At this rate we might just scrape fourth. But I think it was typical that on 606, Alan Green said he didn't see Shearer's fouls but he certainly saw Lehmann clattering into Parker and described it as "dodgy".
Lehmann was deliberate to lift his elbow, I must say. Parker had his own part being hit. Being a keeper, if an opponent is approaching to your side at almost full speed, wouldn't you try to protect yourself?

To catch the ball in the air, one of keeper 's basics is to jump with a knee raised to both lift his own body and prevent opponents coming to his chest or abdomen. IMO Lehmann was doing the same thing, though the elbow looked quite deliberate. :roll: Keeper's both hands are busy to catch or hold the ball, while outfield players' hands are not. So, although I do feel for Parker, I still have a question: why Parker did not use his hands to protect himself? Blame Lehmann? Afraid not.

IBL

Established Member
Why did Parker have to charge into Lehman the way he did even when he knew the chance to get the ball had gone? Jens was protecting himself, Parker continued running so its his own fault.

Brave or stupid? definitely a stupid moment.

marco

We were so good in the first half and its the story of our season away from home not taking our chances!

As for referee gallacher is such a biased home ref its unbelivable.
How shearer stayed on the pitch is beyond me!
as for scott parker, he was down for about 6/7 mins in total, 2 or 3 originally and then another 4 second time round after we won a free kick! yet 5 mins stoppage time!
what the hell!
Second time round he was right near the touchline, how hard would it have been to get him off it! when ameobi injured toure late on he was ushered to touchline very quickly.

Shearer has always been a dirty **** but the press, media bum him like mad all the time.
And to make betters worse gilberto misses chelsea what a surprise.

I dont mind a physical game but newcastle bolton man utd are fouling us!
there is a difference.
4 or 5 niggly little fouls, a booking and then its the next players turn to have a go!
ferguson perfected it and bolton and newcastle doing exactly same.

As for newcastle their fans are supposed to love the game and the way its played!they have to be loyal fans to watch that **** every week!

Hope we get them in next round of cup! just so we can say goodbye to shearers last ever chance of getting a medal!
Giles grimandi has more medals that you you dirty northern ******!

MK5

marco said:
Hope we get them in next round of cup! just so we can say goodbye to shearers last ever chance of getting a medal!
Giles grimandi has more medals that you you dirty northern ******!

:lol: :lol: Are you a poet mate? If not, you should be!

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom