• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 10/12/05

freddie99 said:
No point in complaining about Shearer or the Ref.

We got beat because our midfield is lightweight. No muscle, No balls.

Big Pat must be looking at us and saying man I am lucky to be at Juventus.

Wenger is the one that we should be questioning. I believe we have been sliding for the last 2 years because of his stupid arrogant attitude of not improving the team.

That's probably why BIG PAT wanted to leave, because he could see us not improving. Henry see its also but I have feeling he might stay. At Barcelona he be found out , what a lazy ****head he is .

They are not a patient club. They demand gaff and immediate success unlike us.

2 people shone today, Senderos and Kolo. When they came out of tunnel , it was Senderos who was cheering us on. What was HENRY doing, exchanging smiles with the Newcastle players.

Cesc is outstanding but young, and Gilberto f****g useless. Lundjberg was also rubbish. Did not track back to help Kolo hence their argument.

Club has to start looking and making decisions about Wenger before we slide down the table.

Liverpool have improved, Chelsea too good, and united are still better then us. Can we reached 4th place. I doubt it.

Damn Straight!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
awooga83 said:
Did think our defence looked good, especially Senderos who sometimes can be accused of making silly mistakes but looked quite assured today and made some really good tackles.
I agree. The line of defenders consisted by Lauren-Sol-Senderos-Kolo works worked well today.

The problem is with the referee's standard. First of all I have to say I have no problems with opponent playing physical. But this ref consistently allowed Newcastle players to play aggressively.

I know Henry and Van Persie had a bad game today. I know Cesc was a bit lightweight in the midfield. I don't mind Gilberto being sent off and opponents decided to emulate Bolton's approach. But with this ref in the game, I don't think we deserved to lose. 10 vs 12, says all. :evil:

Tony Montana

Established Member
bernard_trollop_dollops said:
freddie99 said:
No point in complaining about Shearer or the Ref.

We got beat because our midfield is lightweight. No muscle, No balls.

Big Pat must be looking at us and saying man I am lucky to be at Juventus.

Wenger is the one that we should be questioning. I believe we have been sliding for the last 2 years because of his stupid arrogant attitude of not improving the team.

That's probably why BIG PAT wanted to leave, because he could see us not improving. Henry see its also but I have feeling he might stay. At Barcelona he be found out , what a lazy ****head he is .

They are not a patient club. They demand gaff and immediate success unlike us.

2 people shone today, Senderos and Kolo. When they came out of tunnel , it was Senderos who was cheering us on. What was HENRY doing, exchanging smiles with the Newcastle players.

Cesc is outstanding but young, and Gilberto f****g useless. Lundjberg was also rubbish. Did not track back to help Kolo hence their argument.

Club has to start looking and making decisions about Wenger before we slide down the table.

Liverpool have improved, Chelsea too good, and united are still better then us. Can we reached 4th place. I doubt it.

Damn Straight!

Now hang on guys. I know we're in a crisis but we were not going to be on top of everything forever. All clubs have their downfalls and rubbish periods. We didn't win the league for 18 years between 1971 and 1989 so we could go through a similar patch. We just don't know. We're just not that spectacular anymore although we are still a force to be reckoned with. Arsenal at the moment is just not a fighting club where we graft for hard games like today. It might not be Wenger, it could be because we're just not that good a team these days. S**t happens, just make sure you're still supporting Arsenal two years from now.

Buhry

Established Member

Senderos and Kolo were the Positives for me today.. Senderos was very good.
Alan shearer is a cheating bastard. :evil:

gun4glory

tactica442 said:
awooga83 said:
Did think our defence looked good, especially Senderos who sometimes can be accused of making silly mistakes but looked quite assured today and made some really good tackles.
I agree. The line of defenders consisted by Lauren-Sol-Senderos-Kolo works worked well today.

The problem is with the referee's standard. First of all I have to say I have no problems with opponent playing physical. But this ref consistently allowed Newcastle players to play aggressively.

I know Henry and Van Persie had a bad game today. I know Cesc was a bit lightweight in the midfield. I don't mind Gilberto being sent off and opponents decided to emulate Bolton's approach. But with this ref in the game, I don't think we deserved to lose. 10 vs 12, says all. :evil:

Felt the same about our defense, v. much improved since last week... we should keep it like this until Cole comes back... Midfield was inexistant though, strikers not much better... Hleb and Ljungberg did ok taking into concideration the rest of the team...

I remember a certain moment near the end of the game, when Ceesc tried to run into a Newcastle player and push him over... Well, i'm not kidding, Cesc literally bounced off the other player and fell over... i had to laugh... but i do admire the kids spirit... also after the goal how he shoved was pushing shearer (****ing piece of ****) around to get in his own half...

Gilberto = waste of space right now... at least he wont play next week...

IBL

Established Member
Fcuking Ref, couldnt believe him for allowing Shearer to get away with that foul on Sol Campbell with not even a yellow. Gilberto's second tackle was a little late but hardly malicious, that idiot Gallagher might as well have been wearing a black and white shirt - the amount of fouls Rummage, Shearer, Parker and Faye got away with was unbelievable. I'm not solely blaming the ref for our defeat but he certainly helped the barcodes....w@nker! F**cking Shearer golden boy of England seems to mean he's untouchable!!

Dominated the first half but typical of Arsenal we failed to convert our chances, and we found that plumb Given in great form again. Second half we just got out-muscled and out-fought. Flippin' player of the month curse struck RvP when he fluffed his chance after great work from Toure.

Soo f/*cking annoyed right now. Final nail in the coffin

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Tony Montana said:
When I read the score on sky sports, it was first resignation to the fact that we're not actually that good anymore (regardless of Gilberto's sending off) and then I had to laugh. We now know what it's like to lose a lot of games which hasn't happened for so long! It's weird but I'm not panicking about the CL next year. If we don't get in we don't get in. Like I said before, we just need to get back to the basics and bulid again and in a few years we could be back to title winning ways.

We will get in the CL as schampions the L-pool way :roll:
It is a little bit like the saying luck in gambling unluck in love. We have played great for so many seasons in the PL and horribly bad in the CL. Could it be the other way around.

To bad for my self today when I couldn't watch the other half because I didn't see all the things everybody is complaining about. Senderos lookerd great to me, all the N-cstle attacks seemed targeted att him, a cheap tactic that didn't pay of and senderos withheld. Henry had a few chances that could have gonbe either way and Freddie seemed to get a lot of good positions.

But as I said I missed the second half.

A

Anonymous

quincy42 said:
By the way, give Wenger credit for one thing! Not buing Viera. I've watched a number of Villareal games this season and this goalie has failed to inspire confidence. Poor in the air and tries to punch everything, even soft balls he should clutch. Lehmann has been stellar for me this year.

what the naff are you taking about. He was going to buy Viera. The only only reason it got canned at the last min was he had a cyst on the hip which the doctors did not like.

we got lucky otherwise we could have got another clown of a player

lehmann is damm good keeper. steady and strong. Its only his temperament thats tarnishs his image.

get a grip dude we got lucky with viera because he is ****

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
gun4glory said:
tactica442 said:
awooga83 said:

Felt the same about our defense, v. much improved since last week... we should keep it like this until Cole comes back... Midfield was inexistant though, strikers not much better... Hleb and Ljungberg did ok taking into concideration the rest of the team...

I remember a certain moment near the end of the game, when Ceesc tried to run into a Newcastle player and push him over... Well, i'm not kidding, Cesc literally bounced off the other player and fell over... i had to laugh... but i do admire the kids spirit... also after the goal how he shoved was pushing shearer (f****g piece of s**t) around to get in his own half...

Gilberto = waste of space right now... at least he wont play next week...

This lineup todau is the only time this season that I have agreed with and picked the same way as Wenger. If Cole was back I would naturally change him for Senderso (althoug his first 45min was great) Did you see that interception he di8d on Shola? The ball is being played long for Shola to run for, Senderso is 10 meters away falling back to take up a defensive position, Shola fumbles a bit and the ball goes forward and Senderso makes a split second decision and interceps. Great fast thinking. Even if the Central midfield wasen't that great I saw a lot more movement outta Gilberto and a little restrain from Cesc not going forward too much. But on thing I would change is to have Freddie on the left and Hleb on the right. Freddie can still cut in and gets a better angle for his best foot, the right. Hleb is a better passer then Freddie and can move into a more central position and go wide when he wants to and do some nice crosses.

air

Ref wasn't in our favour tonight. But that's not the reason we lost. Between the 20th and 45th minute we should have made a goal, maybe two out of all the possession.

And why do we call Bolton thugs when we want our own players to kick and hurt Shearer? I would have kicked him myself, but I'm glad our team didn't. Why take a stupid suspension and get bad reputation? Not worth it.

I don't see the Henry problem everyone else is seeing. What is he supposed to do? Hit Shearer with his elbow and be out for three games?

Tegh

Established Member
Shearer got away with a lot, took him until the 80th minute before getting booked. What a joke. His challenge on Campbell was out of order, should of been yellow carded, and his attempt to eat Lauren's face got HIM a yellow card.
The referee and his fourth officials can go eat a ****, because they're a bunch of fuc|<tards. What a crap job they did.

Our team played like pansies, we lost all the important tackles, got bullied - AGAIN. We don't look anything like the Arsenal of old away, it's a total turn around. We have a captain who thinks he's bigger than the club, likes to rip into his team-mates when he's not performing, and can't spur his side on. We have no one who can grab the side by the balls and get them to pull their finger out.

Hleb had touches of brilliance at time and set Henry up beautifully twice, but he tried too hard on one attempt, and missed a sitter from a Freddie cross. Van Persie missed the ball completely, but that's most likely because he hadn't warmed up. I mean honestly, how the fuc|< do we expect him to keep scoring if we can't get him the ball, jesus. He barely got a touch this week, or in mid-week. Strikers aren't getting their service, and when they do they haven't put them away this week. Before the Newcastle goal we barely touched the ball, it was a dodgy goal, Shearer should have not been allowed to bring it down and lay it off across three of our defenders inside the box ffs.

Fuc|<!
I consider myself an optimist, but even this is getting me down lately.
It's a combination of injuries and having a team with no backbone. We can't compete with teams who are willing to get stuck in. That's what separates us from Chelsea, that and a whole **** load of luck and diabolical refereeing in their favour. We can't expect to win the title when we are playing so ****e. Bollocks to it , where's the razor blade?

KingReyes

Established Member
Whats frustrating is that was probably our best away game this season. The defending was very solid most of the time,and our passing and movement was at its best its been this season.

We were just missing the killer touch to score the goals, if we can improve on that and add some more physical presence to our game we'll become a better side.

That doesn't mean we don't need strengthening but at least its a step into the right direction.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tegh said:
Our team played like pansies, we lost all the important tackles, got bullied - AGAIN. We don't look anything like the Arsenal of old away, it's a total turn around.
To be fair I don't think we were bullied. If you take how Gilberto got his second yellow card (the seriousness is miles off comparing to how Jenas got sent off), as a player you really have to be cautious because you don't know what the ref's measure is. Playing with 10 men is hard enough. If we got ourselves reduced to 9 men, it would affect not only the Newcastle game but also the next three games (I think Gilberto could be banned for three matches, by the PL rules).

Now imagine AW will put Fabregas and Flamini against Cheski. :?

nidza7

Established Member
Some points just to make me feel better:

1.We need some genuine english or argentinian midfield `pit bulls`.

2.Flamini is not Arsenal material.

3.Shearer is ****ing disgrace,anr ref should be hanged.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I feel this was our best away performance, including Wigan. We looked safe defensively, and I wasn't surprised by that given our backline. Midfield was always going to be outmuscled by Faye and Parker, but we weren't really outplayed, Cesc and Gilberto aquitted themselves well. The quality of the football was also much closer to past seasons, at least in the first half, and I feel we would've gotten at least a draw if not for the sending off. Hopefully the sense of injustice fires up our players like it has in the past.

koivu

This isn't breaking news or anything but Alan Shearer is such a tw*t.

We played well at times...even at 10 men I thought we could do it. I liked Toure at RB...will it continue?

A

Anonymous

Positives -
*White socks look great with the kit
*Senderos was great
*Lehmann and Kolo together managed to kill Parker :p

( Parker is a quality player though and always gives 100%)

awooga83

Established Member
I think that in past seasons this kind of game with its injustice might have galvanized us into a good run of form but what worries me now is with our team at the moment i'm not sure it will have that effect. I just don't know how the team will react which wasn't so much the case in the past.

karan kansal

Remember the days of a hungry Vieira, Petit, Parlour and Platt. Man talk about grit in the midfield. And then the premier league and our own ****ing directors ask us to change our image and tone down our red cards. WELL we did well in toning down the red cards and playing the ***** football we do now.
Let's just stop stop whinging about strong-arm tactics shall we? If you can't take it go f****n play Croquet! The ONLY single player who fights with the ref and screams at opposition players is Fabregas. He's the ONLY one who does that. On the other end of the spectrum Henry tries to expand his social network. I leave you all with my favorite wenger quote:
"We won't buy new players for the sake of buying". You dumb sh*t, which team in the world buys players for the sake of buying!!!!!

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom