• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle vs Arsenal, Sat 05th Feb, 15:00, ATVO

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
The Jury said:
Oh ffs, Diaby deserved to go. If not for the first retaliation, he goes for Nolan too. He lost it and we lost him.

He screams 'you ******* inbred little ****' from an inch away from Bartons face and we win the game. We'd have had more possession and probably would have picked Newcastle off as they charged forward.

The ref wouldn't have been able to help them as much without looking a complete cheat. Ive said it the last time - Diaby cost us that game, nobody else.
Of course Diaby should have gone. Not sure how you stomached watching the likes of Vieira though, assuming you did.

The bit in bold, however, is pure self-serving speculation. In fact, I'm not sure it makes sense at all. Dowd was crooked from the get-go.

Freagle

I couldn't see the match yesterday but I am shocked with the result. Read through a couple of posts and it just seems to get more and more depressing.

So let me get this straight, we were 4-0 up, ended the match 4-4, diaby sent off, Djourou injured, Squid as shaky as ever, and the two penalty decisions were wrong? And to top it all off Man Ure lost to bloody Wolves??

I really don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Downloading the highlights, I am a braveeee man.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Diaby didn't cost us the game, but his red card didn't help. I don't see how you could say one player caused us to lose a 4 goal lead.

If I was going to blame this match on anyone it would have to be Dowd. It seems ridiculous to blame the ref for our loss, but if we are going to point the finger at one person it needs to be him. The first pk was soft. The second pk was nothing. Nolan should have been sent off or at least carded for attacking Szczesny. Barton should have gotten a yellow for his tackle on Arshavin in the first half. If he was sitting on a yellow I doubt he would have gone into that tackle on Diaby in the same way.

As a team we didn't regroup like we should have after Diaby's sending off. Cesc should have played deeper alongside Wilshere. Rosicky should have decided to not give the ball away every time he got it. And I think it would have been good if we subbed Chamakh on to give us someone to hold the ball up once we cleared it out of the back. Also Squillaci had a horrible game. Lets just hope Djourou's injury isn't that bad.

The Escaped Ape

Freagle said:
I couldn't see the match yesterday but I am shocked with the result. Read through a couple of posts and it just seems to get more and more depressing.

So let me get this straight, we were 4-0 up, ended the match 4-4, diaby sent off, Djourou injured, Squid as shaky as ever, and the two penalty decisions were wrong? And to top it all off Man Ure lost to bloody Wolves??

I really don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Downloading the highlights, I am a braveeee man.

It was the middle of night here, so I recorded the match. Not brave enough to watch it without first looking at the reports, I'm now trying to decide whether I'm masochistic enough to put myself through the grinder watching it.

Dammit, why the effing hell can't Arsenal maintain the discipline to grind out a result even when a man down? Yes, I know that everyone's saying that the referee was a disaster, but this team should be resilient enough to sit out an onslaught from a team that was completely outplayed in the first half.

First team in Premier League history to concede 4 goals from having been 4 up at half time. These are not the sort of records I want to be setting.

On the other hand, thank whatever cruel god of football it was that on the same day Man U lost their unbeaten record.

Still unbelievable and unacceptable that we didn't gain three points on Manure rather than one. :x

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
AnthonyG said:
The Jury said:
Oh ffs, Diaby deserved to go. If not for the first retaliation, he goes for Nolan too. He lost it and we lost him.

He screams 'you ******* inbred little ****' from an inch away from Bartons face and we win the game. We'd have had more possession and probably would have picked Newcastle off as they charged forward.

The ref wouldn't have been able to help them as much without looking a complete cheat. Ive said it the last time - Diaby cost us that game, nobody else.
Of course Diaby should have gone. Not sure how you stomached watching the likes of Vieira though, assuming you did.

The bit in bold, however, is pure self-serving speculation. In fact, I'm not sure it makes sense at all. Dowd was crooked from the get-go.

You can call it as you see it.

To make myself clearer, with ten outfield players the game would have had taken a completely different route; we'd have actually had the ball for Newcastle to try and win off us, as opposed to repeatedly squandering possession and having no attacking outlet, thus giving Dowd chances to blow for every cheap foul and penalty as we tried to wrestle back the control of the game we completely lost once Diaby left the field.

It's not quantum physics!

Oh I watched Vieira, Richardson and Paul Davis...sat through it all!

Vieira was a knob sometimes too, but that's where the comparisons should end, I think you'd agree!

morpho

Established Member
feeling so much better after manure bottled. we wont know of course, but i believe they felt too comfortasble after our slip up... i rather give away a 4-0 victory than see manure unbeaten through the season

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
morpho said:
feeling so much better after manure bottled. we wont know of course, but i believe they felt too comfortasble after our slip up... i rather give away a 4-0 victory than see manure unbeaten through the season

tbh, after the Wigan reversal last season from 2-0 up in the 75th minute, and the spuds collapse at home this season, I never thought I'd ever have to feel tha bad for a looooong time.

Then came Newcastle :|

It is some consolation that ManUre lost, but those three results are firmly lodged in the back of my throat, and it'll be hard to get excited the next time we are leading 2 or 3 nil. What if it happens again? :|

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Still makes no sense - Dowd either cheats or he doesn't, whether it's 11, 10, 9, men. Simple.

Indeed, one could argue that in many cases refs try to take it easier on the reduced side in an effort to 'even it up'.

Kain

Established Member
@The Escaped Ape

Watch the game even though it is both :D & :evil:

The first goal was sublime, whilst Cesc and RVP were on the wing both Arshavin & Theo dragged the Newcastle defence in, they both moved centrally narrowing the pitch Diaby quickly moved the ball on to Arshavin who played the deftest pass through the middle to Theo who ran on and slotted home, a brilliant goal one that would & should have been worthy of the three points.

Really pleased for Theo this season, our players are looking for him now and he is managing to match the quick-fire passes of our creative players with his lightning feet.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Christ just watched it again , capitulation on our part 2-4 with 10 min to go , bringing Rosicky in the situation cost us dearly , we would have been better off with Arshavin on the pitch .

This sides biggest problem is that when things don't go their way there is always a chance they can disintegrate as a collective . At least we know the problem up to the manager to fix it .

Spork

Established Member
Holy pylon.

So I wake up hung over like all damn hell as had a friend's house warming yesterday and there was a large supply of alcohol.

Well for a starter last night when I got home, I decided to record the game because I was wayy too drunk to be able to stay up and watch it, it said that I had already missed the first 20 minutes, but that was fine.

Woke up today and turn on the T.V, press play for this game, see it is actually 70 minutes in and we are up 1-4, 'HELL YEA!' I decided that is enough, there was a very small thought in my head saying 'what if you check the final score and it's all drawn up or we lost?' but I knew I was just being an idiot.

So I jumped onto the sun website, saw Man U had lost! 'HELL YEA!!' then I saw we had drawn 4-4.. What the hell?

Now I just watched the game.

Holy guacamole batman. First up, the first half was fantastic, absolutely loved it, then came the day osama blew us away. The second half was the complete opposite.

I for one feel Diaby could have got away without being sent off, I mean sure there is no point in appealing the decision as either way the decision was fine, but if you look at the tackle, Diaby's leg almost bends 90 degrees! (Over exaggeration).

Everyone has already said that the ref is corrupt and was surely being paid by the Newcastle team. But what the **** were they thinking not sending that prick off for headlocking Chesney and throwing him to the ground? If Diaby got sent off for reacting to a horrible tackle, then that c*nt definitely deserved to be sent off for that when there was absolutely no reason to do it.

Also, the equalizing goal.. The free kick.. I mean what the ****? How is that a free kick? Come on this is a sport involving full grown men, not ****ing babies, Rosicky hardly even bumped the block AND it was a fair challenge as he was going for the ball, obviously. Also the second penalty at least was ridiculous.

But in the end, we gained one point on Man U, who are no longer undefeated, and they have some very tough matches ahead of them.

Spork

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hahahahawg.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hahahahawg.jpg</a>

I laughed.

Freagle

The Escaped Ape said:
It was the middle of night here, so I recorded the match. Not brave enough to watch it without first looking at the reports, I'm now trying to decide whether I'm masochistic enough to put myself through the grinder watching it.

Dammit, why the effing hell can't Arsenal maintain the discipline to grind out a result even when a man down? Yes, I know that everyone's saying that the referee was a disaster, but this team should be resilient enough to sit out an onslaught from a team that was completely outplayed in the first half.

First team in Premier League history to concede 4 goals from having been 4 up at half time. These are not the sort of records I want to be setting.

On the other hand, thank whatever cruel god of football it was that on the same day Man U lost their unbeaten record.

Still unbelievable and unacceptable that we didn't gain three points on Manure rather than one. :x

I watched the highlight mate and it was a joy to watch in the first half & cry me a river in the second. However, I did not see why Djourou left the pitch and would love if someone can shed some light on that? Stretched off maybe?

Anyway, the first penalty I am not so sure of but the second penalty was an absolute howler from the referee. That was abysmal, poor, cruel decision from the referee and justice would have been done if Sneezy could of kept it out. Their equalizing goal was actually a nice shot from Toote lad but I just can't help but feel sorry for this team. I mean seriously, we are an experienced bunch as of now and even with one man down, there has to be someone lurking outside the box for rebounds. The closest one to attempt the block was Eboue..

Overall, frustrating result but I stand with Arsène on this one. We have to look at the positives. I am sure this freak result won't happen again and the only thing I am worried about is the number of injuries and suspensions we have been picking up recently.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Kenyonhater said:
Comment on Guardian match report:-

"Just seen the highlights. I'm a Tottenham fan so have precisely no interest in defending Arsenal but:

1) Diaby was unlucky to be sent off. He was fouled badly by Barton and reacted. By the letter of the law it was arguably right but I would probably have booked him.

2) First Newcastle penalty. Dive. No penalty.

3) Kevin Nolan should have been sent off. If Diaby was, why the hell did Nolan stay on? Why did he and Barton feel they had the right to demand the ball? Arsenal's kick off, Arsenal's ball. Booking the Arsenal keeper was a joke.

4) Second Newcastle penalty. An absolute, 100%, mystery. No idea what the ref saw wrong.

5) Free kick leading to the equaliser: Not a foul. Barton dived.

If Arsenal fans are blaming the ref, for once I agree with them. The ref handed that game back to Newcastle. An undercover Geordie couldn't have done a better job.

All that said, great goal from Tiote and I am still chuckling slightly that Arsenal chucked away a 4 goal lead, no matter how grossly unfair it was."

Aside from the last bit, I was about to post pretty much what this guy has said. We've been robbed by refs yet again, although at least they had the good grace to allow ManUre to lose for a change...doesn't stop the fact that this is another 2 points heading their way (in terms of the title race) from bad officiating.

If we fail to win the title by a 2 point margin then you can certainly blame Phil Dowd.

The Escaped Ape

Eeesh. I watched the match, but I could take no joy in the first half, knowing how the rest of the match went, and watched the second half through gaps in my fingers. Not great for the blood pressure. :x

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Busy reading comments on the match reports from leading British newspapers, and it's scary how much people despise Arsenal. After watching the BBC pundits, listening to the commentators and seeing the hate that the majority have for us I'm not at all surprised by the atrocious decisions we get. I bet Phil Dowd won't buy his own drinks for a while.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

AnthonyG said:
The Jury said:

He is a clown , Diaby wouldn't have been sent off if he had booked or sent off Barton doesn't matter if he got the ball or not he followed through .

patrick42uk

Established Member
"He goes for the ball, he wins the ball clean. He is aggressive in the challenge, he takes a little bit of the player after he has won the ball" - Alan Pardew.

Thing is - everyone in British football will agree with this. As long as you get the ball, anything goes. It doesn't matter how reckless the challenge is, as long as the ball is won, its fair. Its a ridiculous line of thinking.

dyeruz

Established Member
The Jury said:

Diaby is not in charge of the transfer policy at Arsenal, Denilson was out yesterday meaning for whatever reason if Diaby became crocked again, which by no stretch of the imagination could occur he had no other defensive minded midfielders, again we've been crying out for one but Wenger persists with Denilson. Maybe you'll gain empathy with Diaby when you have your leg snapped in two and have to go through months of rehab not knowing if you'll ever play again, when you finally get to play some thug steams into you with reckless disregard playing up to the crowd in some misguided hardman role. Diaby is not in charge of a transfer policy where if Kos or Squillaci went off we have no other CB's on the bench. We completely lost it with 10 men, our passing went to ****, even with tem men we should be able to maintain some possession yet time and time again we launched it giving it back to Newcastle, no Diaby didn't cost us Wenger did.

dyeruz

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:
Busy reading comments on the match reports from leading British newspapers, and it's scary how much people despise Arsenal. After watching the BBC pundits, listening to the commentators and seeing the hate that the majority have for us I'm not at all surprised by the atrocious decisions we get. I bet Phil Dowd won't buy his own drinks for a while.
Hate is too strong but there is a definite "leaning" against us, from Alan Shearer spitting out the words "pretty football" on television, to the hypocrisy of Moyes comments about things he's just telling the truth, if Arsène says it, he's whinging again, to the Fabregas firestorm over nothing debate, to Talksport's agenda against us. We are seen as a team of foreigners hence when legs are getting broken the media always backs the other side because "They are not that sort of person". I stopped reading media reports and listening to radios after defeats or any controversy because it simply just ratchets up the fury.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom