• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, Nov. 18 @ 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
REALLY enjoyed our football yesterday. It's been a while since I could say that with conviction. I know several of their big 'names' were quiet or almost nullified by our quick challenges, and to some extent pressing game. When we moved to go forward a lot of passing was slick and smooth, even the triangles worked to open gaps in the Sp**s format. Only 1 or 2 concerns that crop up rather too often....Ramsey seems to follow the ball and leave holes, and Bellerin can be similar, but it was great to see Özil on form and do more defending cover than we've come to expect. On the Wenger performance I was alarmed to see Lacazette taken off at 73mins, and Coq coming on. It was too early and I'd have sent Wilshere on to be controlled in midfield. However NLD is ours again. Ha Ha.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Alli is a threatening player around the box, but he clearly isn't as talented as the likes of Özil, Eriksen, De Bruyne, etc. I think he benefits greatly from Poch's style of play, but would struggle greatly if he was given more responsibility. He's also a massive sh*t. Not a fan, glad he was found out yesterday.

Kane on the other hand is a natural goalscorer, he knows what to do and where to be. I don't think he was fully fit which helped us (though we did stifle his service well tbf).

Goonerozil33

A few thoughts on the Sp**s

Sp**s remind me of a slightly more entertaining version of Mourinho's Chelsea(the first one) or younger version of Simeone's Athletico Madrid with Costa in it. They are an extremely defensive side where 3 DF and 2 MF are to protect the middle of the pitch. The other 5 handle the attacking responsibility. They are extremely lucky to have Harry Kane who tend to score all kinda goals(Wonder goals, tap-ins,headers). They are a very good pressing side who scores a lot of goals from winning the ball high up the pitch. Their pressing is as good as Man City's. But Guardiola's team does it with more technical players, whereas Sp**s do it with physical players. And with the ball, Sp**s play is very basic. If you watch them regularly, they usually pass among the defenders and wait for an opening/run and pass it long(not high) to one of the attackers or wingbacks. They don't really build with Midfielders at all(Harry Winks is an exception). Their best passers are defenders. The best way to play them is block their defenders from passing vertically which is what we did successfully. Once that is done, all they had was half chances from our mistakes or crosses.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It is a good win...but I hope the lads don't get carried away...it should serve as a good foundation for our next few PL games.

Yeah if anything we still have a bit to work on , wasted too many counters and control in midfield could be better .

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Alli is a threatening player around the box, but he clearly isn't as talented as the likes of Özil, Eriksen, De Bruyne, etc. I think he benefits greatly from Poch's style of play, but would struggle greatly if he was given more responsibility. He's also a massive sh*t. Not a fan, glad he was found out yesterday.

Technically Alli is miles off Özil, De Bruyne, Silva etc. He doesn't possess poor technique but he struggles sometimes in tight areas. His touch can let him down.

Alli is an odd ball. He creates a lot but you wouldn't call him a playmaker. He's a goal scoring midfielder in the Lampard mould but doesn't posses Lampard's technique.

Fallout

they arent a technical side by any means. poch has created a very good defensive system and has drilled it into the players. offensively they have a beast up top and play long balls and crosses into him all day, hoping that something happens. wouldnt say theres any bravery in the way they play, only pure solidity and pragmatism. that being said, one piece of praise that i can give them is dembele, who is amazing, he would have been incredible in a possession team like ours.

carlito'sway

Established Member
apparently there were some nasty things tweeted at him but unfortunately that's the twitter universe - he's blaming Arsenal's twitter account for sending the trolls out in force though. Actually, it was his temerity and pure idiocy in the first place that caused the whole outburst. There is no doubt that footy journalists know a thing or two about what's going at clubs more than the average fan but do they know any more about the actual game? No!

He's been called out for being an absolute ass.

Having said that, racists and antisemitic tweets are absolutely not acceptable and cross the line. The club is right to condemn those idiots and bigots. Unfortunately, our fan base is not immune and we have our small share of ****** as well.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I actually feel less nervous for tomorrow than I do for most NLDs. Whereas in years gone by, it would be the much superior Arsenal in a match with everything to lose against the minnows Sp**s. Now it feels like the media have built them up to be some unstoppable entity whereas we are supposedly a borderline joke. It will be the Sp**s fans who are worried as this game will tell a lot about their potential ambitions this season. And they know the feeling of losing to us all too well.

Can't help but feel that this first paragraph of my post rings true. No matter how much the media try to portray us as ABYSMAL ARSENAL and no matter how much they try to act like Sp**s are a better team with 8-9 players in the combined XI.. one thing always remains:

our superiority.

Always and forever - better than Sp**s.

COYG.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Technically Alli is miles off Özil, De Bruyne, Silva etc. He doesn't possess poor technique but he struggles sometimes in tight areas. His touch can let him down.

Alli is an odd ball. He creates a lot but you wouldn't call him a playmaker. He's a goal scoring midfielder in the Lampard mould but doesn't posses Lampard's technique.

Odd ball indeed...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom