• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 04/10/08

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
images
vs
images

This will be another tough game away from. Sunderland have some good players, and are not easy to beat at home.

It will be interesting to see whether Wenger makes any changes for this one. I wouldn't be surprised if Bendtner starts.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Re: Sunderland vs ARSENAL: Premier League: Sat 4/10/08 15:00

Same team please. Its our best 11 and we need them to become more confident as a team. Bendy and Vela are great supersubs anyway so id prefer the same team.

Also, no Eboue, Nasri is so much better.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

Is Song back for this?, if so i would bring him in for Denilson.

Obviously i would drop Gallas aswell, but that aint ever going to happen.

Feet

Yeah I'd put Song in instead of Denilson as well, Nasri instead of Eboue. That gives us the best balance, Song will give Fabregas move freedom to push on and give us more height and strength in the air to defend from corners.

I'd put 6ft 4 Djourou in defence as well, but as you say it won't happen.

dutchMasta

Yep agreed.
------------Almunia------------
Sagna----Toure---Gallas--Clichy
Walcott-Fabregas--Song----Nasri
----------RVP------Ade---------
Gallas was better last match. All our defenders including the normally very reliable Sagna were very shaky, but then we started looking a lot better. Toure won headers, Gallas covered well, and Sagna and Clichy balanced attacking and defending well like usual.

RVP also put in a great performance, and although I still think he deserved to be dropped after his previous performances, he did make up for it.

Think Song is really important to the balance in midfield as well, and if Fabregas is even half on form, we won't need Denilson to try share the creativity in the centre, but he's good to have for less tough matches where we can attack more (or so we supposedly thought against Hull, but it wasn't his fault anyway, we should've won that).

Vela and Bendtner to come on at some point, if at any point we're looking to slow down, any or both of them coming on should spark a revival and cause trouble for the opposition. So useful to have them, esp on this form.

I don't expect us to drop points. Players are well aware of complacency now, and it should still be strong in their minds, and if not, I'm sure Wenger will contantly be reminding them. But I still think defensively we'll run into some trouble.

sabret00the

Established Member

If Nasri starts we win, if he doesn't, we fail!

Feet

Do we know if Song will even be fit?

sabret00the

Established Member

Who cares? We should be going there to play 4-4-2.

Kain

Established Member

Agreed with dutchMasta's team and comments, would also like to see Djourou in the CB's aswell but Wenger is obviously to stubborn to do anything to change the situation.

Song should of played from the off this season even the games we have won comfortably and kept clean sheets we've been horribly exposed in the area between Defense and Midfield. Its not that Denilson has been bad we just cant afford to be that naieve that we can go a full season and even a CL campaign without a DM atleast a match fit one.

Will also be interesting to see if Nasri can be as good away from home, hes been a revelation can honestly say i havent missed Hleb atall.

I take it that Kenwyne Jones striker for Sunderland is still injured? dread to think what sort of problems he would cause us on set pieces.

stuart

Established Member

sabret00the said:

...and Song couldn't possibly play in a four man midfield?

number_0

Established Member

Should be a walk in the park for us, we beat these lots back when they were called Tottenham Hotspuds, we can beat them while their maneger is watching.

sabret00the

Established Member

stuart said:
sabret00the said:

Not according to Arsène. On top of that, he's definitely not earned his start over Denilson.

dutchMasta

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/song-could-return-for-trip-to-sunderland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... sunderland</a>

Song could return for trip to Sunderland
By Chris Harris

Arsène Wenger could have Alex Song back in his squad for Saturday's trip to Sunderland.

The Cameroon international suffered a hip injury during the Carling Cup victory over Sheffield United last month and suffered a relapse after making the bench against Hull last weekend. Song may return to action at the Stadium of Light but Abou Diaby (thigh) will not play until after the international break.

"We have no new injuries and we might have Song back in the squad for Sunderland," revealed Wenger at his pre-match press conference. "Diaby is very close now. He is two weeks or one week away. I think after the international break Diaby is ready to play."

The Arsenal manager also gave an update on the Club's two long-term absentees - Eduardo and Tomas Rosicky. The Croatian is expected to return first while Wenger hopes to have his Czech midfielder back before the New Year.

"Eduardo is doing very well but is not close to play," said Wenger. "Eduardo will be OK before Christmas, of course, but Rosicky is a little bit behind him.

"I monitor Rosicky's progress very closely but at the moment it is very difficult to put a date on his comeback. We are not pessimistic about the future of his career but we still need more patience. If he comes back before Christmas we have done very well but I think we can achieve that, that in December he can play again."

---------------

Nothing new other than the possible return of Song. Time is a killer when you support Arsenal. Not only do they constantly make you wait ages to see exciting injured players return to action, they throw in some exciting youngsters too, which required several years of wait.

James

Established Member

If he plays the same eleven, we should be fine.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

sheesh, people were right when they said Eduardo would be back before Rozza.. FFS it is getting ridiculous.. he may have very well lost his place in the team by then (for good)

sabret00the

Established Member

I just love the way that Dudu is coming back from a career threatening injury before Rosicky who is just having an average year of football/physio-benching.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

sabret00the said:
stuart said:
sabret00the said:
Not according to Arsène. On top of that, he's definitely not earned his start over Denilson.
Arsène recently came out and made it clear that Song has a shot at midfield.

the dawn raids

Established Member

sabret00the said:

And if Song is selected we cant? we should be going there to look somewhat stable and balanced in midfield.

IBL

Established Member

Rosicky is deadwood, feel sorry for the guy but time to move on and move him on if there are any sucke...erm buyers out there for him.

This will be tougher than either Blackburn or Bolton, Keane will send his players out to give us a real tough time. I wouldnt be against having Song play as well as Denilson just to give us a bit more aggression in the middle

vantoure

sabret00the said:
If Nasri starts we win, if he doesn't, we fail!

I know this is Sabret, but i cant help but ask the question,
how do you talk like this *rolleyes*

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom