• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 04/10/08

Wokich

Re: Sunderland vs ARSENAL: Premier League: Sat 4/10/08 15:00

RVP needs the start. His goals per game are actually pretty good. He just needs a run of games to get his form back. When on top form he's the best player in the squad.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

I'll destroy somebody's soul with infinite rhetoric if we don't win this game.

atmosphere

Ice Berg legend said:
Rosicky is deadwood, feel sorry for the guy but time to move on and move him on if there are any sucke...erm buyers out there for him.

People were saying the same thing about Van Persie but now he seems to be over his injury troubles.

Give Rosicky a chance, see if the operation has worked and ease him back into the team gently. If he gets crocked straight away again then yeah maybe it's time to give up but to say so now is a bit premature I reckon.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

A standard 4-4-2 formation.

Almunia
Sagna
Toure
Gallas
Clichy
Walcott
Fabregas
Denilson
Nasri
RVP
Adebayor

Same formation against Porto, when we are up front with a save 2-0 or 3-1 we could rotate some players.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

I'll take that line-up as well Holland; I've given up fighting the Toure/Gallas combination.

GaelForce22

Established Member

----------Almunia

Sagna---Djourou---Toure---Clichy

Theo---Denilson---Cesc---Nasri

-----------Nic
---------------Ade

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bendtner start this one although I don't expect to see Djourou, that is just wishful thinking.
If we play with the right attitude we should have no problems, but if we fall back into the same belief that passinggame=victory, it's going to be tricky.

I think we'll end up just scraping this one. 1-0 Fabregas.

banduan

Established Member

If it's a low scoreline it's bcause we lost.

If we win it's gonna be 4-2 or something.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

What annoys me the most is that I know that Rosicky would improve us immensely and would help us solve lots of our problems in attack. He'd add that extra bit of creativity and cutting edge that we are lacking right now. The problem is he doesn't seem to be close to getting back any time soon. Selling him isn't an option, no one would buy him, so our only real option is to wait and just hope that he can make it back, and once he does make it back that he doesn't get injured again.

Anyways, about the game, Its going to be tough. If we want to win, we will have to be 100% focused and we will have to play well. Expect the worst If our players are having another 'off day'. I expect Wenger to play with the same line-up he pout out against Porto.

Shredder

A Saturday 15:00 kickoff? I'm shocked.

kamikaze80

Established Member

same lineup for me, too, good ole 4-4-2. expect nothing less than a win.

hackajack

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
same lineup for me, too, good ole 4-4-2. expect nothing less than a win.
We don't play 442 any more - we haven't done for a couple of years (in fact if you want to be precise we played 4411 with Dennis). We play 4231.

dutchMasta

I don't think anyone really cares about the details. 2 strikers, 4 midfielders = 4-4-2, 1 striker, 5 midfielders = 4-5-1, simple as.
On the official site, that's what they say, none of this 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 3-1-3-2-1 business.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

I would like to see a nice 3-0 win to us, I think Wenger will go with the same team that played Porto, but he might play Song as well as Denilson to beef up the midfield.

TomasCR

Established Member

sabret00the said:
If Nasri starts we win, if he doesn't, we fail!

I would say that with Nasri in the starting XI, the win will be more comfortable. Also there is no reason why Arsène should rest him after that injury he had, let´s play him as much as we can and take the best from him finally.

Would like to see the same line-up like on Tuesday but don´t forget there is that immigrant from Manu who is waiting for his first start, during the game, maybe? ;)

Can´t afford another lost or a draw, so the goal is pretty easy.

Anzac

Established Member

dutchMasta said:
I don't think anyone really cares about the details. 2 strikers, 4 midfielders = 4-4-2, 1 striker, 5 midfielders = 4-5-1, simple as.
On the official site, that's what they say, none of this 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 3-1-3-2-1 business.

I recall a commentator saying at the begining of a match prior to The Invincible's season, that the only time you'd see Aresenal play 442 or any formation was when they lined up on the team sheet & at kick off!!!! In those days we favoured a counter attack at pace 5-5 split between attack & defence, now we seem to almost be a possession based passing 8-2 split.

I guess I must be one of the few that cares about the formation specifics, as for me it goes towards the mental approach to the game, the 'depth' in attack & the 'shape' of the team.

jc8gooner

Does anyone know any pubs on Holloway Road, or anywhere else near the Emirates, that will be showing the game on TV tomorrow? I was thinking somewhere must have a foreign channel.....Cheers folks.

hackajack

Established Member

Anzac said:
I guess I must be one of the few that cares about the formation specifics, as for me it goes towards the mental approach to the game, the 'depth' in attack & the 'shape' of the team.
Of course it's important. Yes we're fluid, we don't play in straight lines and players interchange but the basic shape and the roles of the players is fundamental to appreciating what's going on.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Some great facts and figures from the BBC match preview:
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7639462.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 639462.stm</a>

Lukazan

Established Member

Not the most ideal game after losing to Hull but it's definitely winnable. I think Sunderland are abit like Jekyll And Hyde, at times they can be a very decent Premiership team, capable of giving anyone a game, and at other times they seem very fragile and not up to much, capable of being beaten pretty convincingly by anyone. Doesn't seem to matter whether they are at home or away either.

dutchMasta

Anzac said:
I recall a commentator saying at the begining of a match prior to The Invincible's season, that the only time you'd see Aresenal play 442 or any formation was when they lined up on the team sheet & at kick off!!!! In those days we favoured a counter attack at pace 5-5 split between attack & defence, now we seem to almost be a possession based passing 8-2 split.

Yeah, but when casually talking about the team, you don't go asking for 8-2 formations. IE your post. Imo, how you judge a formation is how they position themselves at the beginning of a match. There is always going to be movement and I don't think any team really sticks exactly to their formation they started with. Or else half the teams we play against will be playing their special 10-0-0 formation.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom